Twice As Nice & Double the Fun: an offsite October PTR where “2” is the magic number

Congrats on selling your house so quickly! We sold our old house and bought a new one this summer, and it was so incredibly stressful. I'm glad you don't have to worry about that now!

WOW! Congrats on the house selling and Steve's visa. You hadn't been back in a while I was hoping everything was ok. Glad to hear you are just keeping busy. I'm here in Michigan if you need me! Happy home hunting!

Wow!! I would think selling your house would be one of the most stressful steps, but, BAM! Done! Congrats!!!

Like others have said, I would read your TR in the summer or even October 2017, whenever you have time! :)

We just got back from our Thanksgiving trip. Even though we have been to Orlando many times, this was our favorite trip ever!! The cherry on top was that we did the VIP Elite tour at Tampa ($199 a person, but a bargain with what you get!). With the Elite tour, it was just Will and I and we got to choose what we did. I highly recommend it! For a future trip of course...sounds like you have your Christmas plans all set!

30513821724_36c4ff6f9c_n.jpg
31192289162_21419a2aaf_n.jpg

Congrats on the house sale! That's a huge stress lifted. Good luck with everything else, I'm sure you are very happy you have another Florida trip coming up!

Thanks everyone! It's been a super crazy week. I am heading to Michigan with Steve this weekend on a condo hunting expedition. With a little luck, we'll have our new accommodations secured by Monday or Tuesday and we can cross another item off the list of moving to-do's.

In the meantime, I have a bit of a random offer to toss out. Thanks to the SeaWorld Blue Friday sale, our little two-family, odd-numbered group has an extra ticket for the Wild Arctic tour at 1 pm on December 19th that we wanted to offer to another Dis-er if they were able to join us. It's just one ticket, an you would have to have Seaworld admission to enter the park......but a long shot or not, we thought we would mention it here in the event that @Joanna71985 , or @nancipants , or @JaxDad or anyone else who happens to live somewhat close might want to join in on a fun opportunity. Completely free, just come and enjoy! (not only would you save the $59 tour price, you would get to hang out with some super fun people at the same time :teeth: ). PM me if you're interested :thumbsup2.

Wow! Thanks for the generous offer @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina! I would LOVE to come meet you all and spend a fun day at SeaWorld, BUT unfortunately my son will still be in school then. I'm sure someone will take you up on the offer (and I'll be so jealous)!

There's still a small chance we'll be in Orlando later that week, but it's looking like our schedule and budget will have us looking at St. Augustine instead. I'll let you know.

In the meantime, I have a bit of a random offer to toss out. Thanks to the SeaWorld Blue Friday sale, our little two-family, odd-numbered group has an extra ticket for the Wild Arctic tour at 1 pm on December 19th that we wanted to offer to another Dis-er if they were able to join us. It's just one ticket, an you would have to have Seaworld admission to enter the park......but a long shot or not, we thought we would mention it here in the event that @Joanna71985 , or @nancipants , or @JaxDad or anyone else who happens to live somewhat close might want to join in on a fun opportunity. Completely free, just come and enjoy! (not only would you save the $59 tour price, you would get to hang out with some super fun people at the same time :teeth: ). PM me if you're interested :thumbsup2.

I may have to take you up on the offer, if it's still available! I'll send you a message

Congrats on your house selling so quickly and for above asking, that's great! hope you had a good visit in Michigan and got some more off your to do list :).

Gina--I have to go back and catch up, but wanted to tell you this story. DH and I are just back (literally got home 2 hours ago) from an 8 day trip to the Keys and Marco Island. While we were on Marco, we decided to drive up to our all time favorite beach in Bonita Springs. We skipped lunch that day, so on the way back, we stopped at a Five Guys in Naples for an early dinner. The young man who waited on us was Jake's doppleganger! I even said to DH, hey look, that kid looks just like Jake Bo-Bina. DH then of course, looked at me like I was a crazy person, since he has NO idea who any of my 'imaginary, Disney Board friends are'.

Now, off to go catch up.....

I hope everyone had a great holiday! Happy New Year!

Gina, I hope the move and everything is going well and you guys had a great vacation last month. I can't wait to read about them both. I miss the trip report and all the other chatting that goes on here.

I'm starting to look for a hotel in Vancouver for next month and would like some opinions. I'm going up for the Sharks v Canucks game and would like to stay near Rogers Arena so I don't have to pay to park. I'm open to taking the sky train. I've looked at the Comfort Inn Downtown and I can get it for around $83 US after the exchange rate. They do charge $25 CDN for parking which negates staying close so I don't have to pay to park at the game.

Any suggestions? I want to stay under $100 US and would be ok with the 83 if I didn't have to pay to park. If I have to pay to park somewhere I want to spend less. I'm not opposed to staying in Richmond or Burnaby, I don't want to go all the way to Surrey or Langley because I don't want to pay the bridge toll and now that I have a nexus card I can use the peace arch crossing and not worry about using a quieter crossing.

ETA - Now also looking at Moda Hotel. It's close and the parking is cheaper. Would be around the same price as the Comfort Inn but I think it's just a bit closer to the arena.

I'm used to going up for the day, not staying over night but I'm also more comfortable with things off 1 or 1A and the Surrey/Langley area.

Also, and I hate to ask this one, should I prepay for a night now if it's a good deal or will the exchange rate be changing one way or the or the other that could affect things.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Wow!! I would think selling your house would be one of the most stressful steps, but, BAM! Done! Congrats!!!

Like others have said, I would read your TR in the summer or even October 2017, whenever you have time! :)

We just got back from our Thanksgiving trip. Even though we have been to Orlando many times, this was our favorite trip ever!! The cherry on top was that we did the VIP Elite tour at Tampa ($199 a person, but a bargain with what you get!). With the Elite tour, it was just Will and I and we got to choose what we did. I highly recommend it! For a future trip of course...sounds like you have your Christmas plans all set!

30513821724_36c4ff6f9c_n.jpg
31192289162_21419a2aaf_n.jpg

Do you have a review of the VIP tour? I love Busch Gardens and your pics look amazing (I didn't even know there was a sloth at Busch Gardens!) Would love to read more details if you've posted them somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter