Twice As Nice & Double the Fun: an offsite October PTR where “2” is the magic number

Prayers for peace and joyful memories. The week of remembrance is bittersweet with the pain of loss and extra family time (the sweet part). I'm so sorry you are sick. Get well soon!!

Much love from Florida, Amanda

So, have I missed out on a Trip Report? I only ask bcause I always seem to be slow these days at finding them....

So, have I missed out on a Trip Report? I only ask bcause I always seem to be slow these days at finding them....

Alas, no......I haven't even started one yet :o. So many good intentions to do so, but I'm beginning to think it will be the new year (at best).

Life here has been pretty chaotic.

- Steve is still in Michigan, and generally home only for a day or two every couple of weeks.
- I've born the brunt of the lions share of the autumn maintenance (35 bags of leaves :faint: raked so far and I have the blisters to prove it) and a windstorm about 10 days ago caused some damage in the back yard that also needed to be dealt with.

- The kittens had their surgery last week, and Dash had a bit of setback thereafter, so I've been dealing with their recovery and care. Thankfully, nothing that an extra overnight at the vet's office and some additional TLC from Momma hasn't fixed, at least for now.

- I'm training my replacement at work.....the second one, for that matter (prospect #1 quit after two days, hopefully not a reflection of my training abilities :rolleyes1) and we are SUPER busy to boot.

- Our Photopass share was a bit problematic (I suspect, due to a member hitting the "download all" button when they were specifically directed not to) so I've been spending way more time than I anticipated to get those pictures downloaded. I finally managed to get that project wrapped up this weekend, wahoo!

- And of course, we're busily planning our next adventure which is now under 1 month away. Time is flying by as we put the finishing touches on a trip that grows more epic by the moment.....and also that is shaping up to include not just one other Dis-er and her family, but now at least 3 more Disboards peeps who regularly appear as commenters on my threads. How awesome is that?

Add in tax consultations regarding our pending relocation, our house (hopefully) hitting the market later this week, and Steve's visa scheduled to be approved (God willing) near the end of this month, and I just can't seem to find the time to get a trip report going just yet. With Christmas, condo-hunting in Michigan, and another vacation all potentiallyi on the horizon in the coming weeks, I'd say its unlikely I'll find the time to give it the attention it deserves anytime soon.

I am so sorry to let you all down. My efficiency is at an all time low.

I hope you will all be interested to read about an October trip in the middle of winter, when I'm sitting in an unfamiliar community with no friends and no job :rolleyes:. I'll have so much time to chat on the Disboards that you'll all get sick of hearing from me :crazy2:.

Sometime I wonder what has happened to my predictable, normal, boring life. Crazy times, indeed.

You can write your fall trip report this summer and I'll read it. Your reports are the best!!! TAke your time everyone will be here waiting. You have so much going on take care of yourself and your family we will all be here for you when you are ready.

Alas, no......I haven't even started one yet :o. So many good intentions to do so, but I'm beginning to think it will be the new year (at best).

Life here has been pretty chaotic.

- Steve is still in Michigan, and generally home only for a day or two every couple of weeks.
- I've born the brunt of the lions share of the autumn maintenance (35 bags of leaves :faint: raked so far and I have the blisters to prove it) and a windstorm about 10 days ago caused some damage in the back yard that also needed to be dealt with.

- The kittens had their surgery last week, and Dash had a bit of setback thereafter, so I've been dealing with their recovery and care. Thankfully, nothing that an extra overnight at the vet's office and some additional TLC from Momma hasn't fixed, at least for now.

- I'm training my replacement at work.....the second one, for that matter (prospect #1 quit after two days, hopefully not a reflection of my training abilities :rolleyes1) and we are SUPER busy to boot.

- Our Photopass share was a bit problematic (I suspect, due to a member hitting the "download all" button when they were specifically directed not to) so I've been spending way more time than I anticipated to get those pictures downloaded. I finally managed to get that project wrapped up this weekend, wahoo!

- And of course, we're busily planning our next adventure which is now under 1 month away. Time is flying by as we put the finishing touches on a trip that grows more epic by the moment.....and also that is shaping up to include not just one other Dis-er and her family, but now at least 3 more Disboards peeps who regularly appear as commenters on my threads. How awesome is that?

Add in tax consultations regarding our pending relocation, our house (hopefully) hitting the market later this week, and Steve's visa scheduled to be approved (God willing) near the end of this month, and I just can't seem to find the time to get a trip report going just yet. With Christmas, condo-hunting in Michigan, and another vacation all potentiallyi on the horizon in the coming weeks, I'd say its unlikely I'll find the time to give it the attention it deserves anytime soon.

I am so sorry to let you all down. My efficiency is at an all time low.

I hope you will all be interested to read about an October trip in the middle of winter, when I'm sitting in an unfamiliar community with no friends and no job :rolleyes:. I'll have so much time to chat on the Disboards that you'll all get sick of hearing from me :crazy2:.

Sometime I wonder what has happened to my predictable, normal, boring life. Crazy times, indeed.

Excuses, excuses ... :sad2:

:D

Wow Gina, I don't think you have enough to do! ;)

Hang in there! Looking forward to a trip report whenever you get the chance to write it.

I feel your pain. Our fall has been crazy and I had fallen so far behind on your report, I was surprised I was able to catch up today. Plus the Dis has been sketchy on my work computer (I usually read at lunch). So sorry to hear of Steve's grandfather. Never an easy thing. Take your time on your priorities, we will all be here waiting once you get to it.

I'm sure we'll all look forward to reading when life slows down and gives you a chance to breathe again!

Sorry to hear about Dash's setback (of course one might consider having one's boy or lady parts removed a bit of a setback as well!), hope he is all recovered now.

Good luck with all the move prep Gina!

Sounds like you're Wonder Woman up there!

I was just making sure I hadn't missed it. Because lately, I totally understand "crazy life", and I always seem to miss them!

I am excited to get TWO trip reports after the new year!

Ahh the life of Gina. You just can't seem to get a break.

On the positive side, a trip is getting closer, and that, my friend deserves a Wahoo!

I can patiently wait for this TP to be updated. My October trip is now in long term memory. Don't remember much of it now, except for all the stuff I missed. Oh well, already reserved hotels for October next year. By next October, maybe we can cross paths again, and yay!, you won't have to cross the border to travel to Orlando.

th
See, maybe Dash can be fashionable for your Thanksgiving. Ours is coming up in 2 days. So, in honor of that, I hope you have a peaceful and stuffed week.

Great picture Lynne, but beware! I know that look. Kitty is thinking:

"Oh yes, I will bear this insult. But know this; later, when you are away, I shall groom my nether regions, and then proceed to the bathroom and lick your toothbrush."

Goodness. I had no idea that your life has become so chaotic in the past month. The troopers that you and Steve are...everything will fall into place. Gods blessings to your family !!

Oh goodness! No need to apologize- that is quite a full plate. Hopefully the kitties are feeling better

Gina, just wanted to "check in" and say have a brilliant holiday. It can't be long now as we go in 3 weeks :cheer2:

Hang in there Gina! You will get through it. I love your trip reports. One of these dates we will have to meet up.

For those that just can't wait, I noticed that Gina has been posting photos on the various Sea World resorts picture threads...

Gina, your photos are better than ever!

Take your time. You have an extremely eventful couple months coming up! We will still be here when you find the time for some updates.

Hey all, just checking in. Thank you so much for all of your messages....you guys just make my heart smile :goodvibes .

@JaxDad , what a sweet thing to say about my pictures!! I have so many more to share its just killing me to delay that trip report, so I'm indulging a big on the SeaWorld threads in the interim. I wasn't sure anyone even read those threads so its good to know at least one person is popping over there from time to time ;).

We've had quite a crazy week here since I posted last. Steve's visa has been approved by the US government, our house has sold (in literally one day, with competing offers, and selling for over $8000 over list) and we're now full speed ahead on the moving plans. It's all feeling a little surreal. I am growing more grateful by the day for a week away in the sunny south to rebalance and regenerate before we officially relocate in early January. It's been a stressful, exciting, exhausting autumn. I think we can add "emotional" to that summary, too.

We now start making plans to get me to Michigan for a few days to go house hunting and get a tour of our new community. We're aiming for me to visit the Plymouth area early next week, so fingers crossed I can get kitten care and transportation arrangements all in place within the next few days.

I will do my best to check in again soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter