Tutta Italia or Via Napoli?

Babsy

DIS Veteran
Which do you like better? Why? Any recommendations?

We will be a family of 5 - Grandma, DS, DDIL, DGD7 and DGD4.

We love everything except shellfish (DGD4 is allergic).

Thanks!

Via Napoli all day for me. Tutto is good but nothing special imo, whereas Via Napoli's pizza is some of the best I've ever had

Depends on what you want. I agree with Via Napoli for pizza and Tutto for pasta. We usually do pizza lunch and pasta for dinner

This may seem controversial here but via Napoli pizza really isn't anything special. It is a wood-burning oven pizza place with ok toppings and a decent crust (that sometimes is burned and tastes burned). It is better than Pizza Hut or Dominoes, but at the same time I've had much better locally at Fireworks Pizza in Arlington, VA, where they use the same cooking method without burning the crust and have more adventurous toppings. It also was the loudest restaurant we've been to at Disney, and we asked to be seated outside because it was so loud. Having said all that, we are eating at via Napoli our next trip in November, because we really enjoyed sitting outside as the sun went down, the sangria was good, and a few of us will order pasta instead of pizza this time. So not sure my review was helpful at all.

This is only my opinion, but the reason why I think that there is so much excitement about the pizza at Via Napoli is because it's about the only option for pizza in WDW that is not frozen pizza, pop in the microwave and presto. Via Napoli is not bad, but I don't think it is this earth shattering, out of body, almost spiritual encounter so many claim. My choice: If you want a decent, but not great pizza then Via Napoli... If you want something other than pizza then Tutto Italia. I also give the huge edge to Tutto for atmosphere as well.

We found Tutto 'meh'. Indifferent service in an empty restaurant, no atmosphere (likely due to the empty restaurant) and just ok food. We walked up at lunch a few years ago on a Saturday in October at noon, with a party of nine, and were immediately seated. After eating there, we understand why. It wasn't a bad meal, but it wasn't something we would go out of our way to eat at again.

Our meal the next year at via Napoli was much better. Service was ok, and the restaurant was loud, but the food was really really really good and a good value. We'd go back again without question.

We absolutely hated Via Napoli, possibly the worst Disney dining experience we've had. It's one very LOUD room, the servers were entirely disinterested and you have to proactively seek out your refills and the pizza was just average. Mine was burnt on the base but when we raised a concern they told us it was because of the authentic ovens. I have been to7 Italian cities, including Naples, and have never been served burnt pizza. It truly did ruin the whole pizza. Everyone else at the table had pizza and theirs were fine. It should be noted if you want pasta it may well come at an entirely separate time to anyone ordering pizza. The family next to us had split 2 + 2 and the pizza duo had all but finished by the time the pasta came. We're really not fussy with food but Via Napoli was not for us.

Perhaps the "burned" crust is just too unfamiliar for some. The famous and consistently top-ranked "appiza" in New Haven always has a charred crust. It is the hallmark. Here is a photo of a white clam pie from Pepe's.

rfl_16902.jpg

Pepes-white-clam-pizza.jpg

And from New York, you get much the same at Lombardi's.

20120427-lombardi-pizza-co-piccante.jpg

Further west at Pizzeria Bianco, the pies look like this:

americas-best-arizonas-pizzeria-bianco-delivers-the-goods-143837123948gkn.jpg

These three places will appear on every "best pizza in America" list you can find. No one complains about burned crusts. This is just the way they are supposed to be. And if you go to the mother ship of Antica in Naples, the pizza will look like this:

2-da-michele-loz.jpg

It is hard to say that Via Napoli's crust falls outside of this spectrum of renown pizzas.

vno322010LARGE.jpg

In fact, if I have one complaint about VN it is that our pizzas when they first opened were not charred enough . Now when I go, I always make a point of asking that our pizzas be cooked "with a good char". That blackened, smokey crust is essential for maximum flavor.

Last edited:
I can only speak on via Napoli as we have never had the other, but we love it! We are going for our 4th time in a few week. It is very good. It is loud, but never to the point it has bothered my family. One of my children has sensory issues to loud noises but he has handled it fine. They have always been great at checking on us to see if we need anything. We have been seated earlier than our reservation on at least 2 occasions.

I can't say anything about Via Napoli as we've never eaten there, but Tutto Italia was awful. My pasta tasted like Chef Boyardee I kid you not. My niece didn't even eat most of her food because it was so bad. I had to buy her chicken fingers back at the food court of our hotel.

Perhaps the "burned" crust is just too unfamiliar for some. The famous and consistently top-ranked "appiza" in New Haven always has a charred crust. It is the hallmark. Here is a photo of a white clam pie from Pepe's.

rfl_16902.jpg

Pepes-white-clam-pizza.jpg

And from New York, you get much the same at Lombardi's.

20120427-lombardi-pizza-co-piccante.jpg

Further west at Pizzeria Bianco, the pies look like this:

americas-best-arizonas-pizzeria-bianco-delivers-the-goods-143837123948gkn.jpg

These three places will appear on every "best pizza in America" list you can find. No one complains about burned crusts. This is just the way they are supposed to be. And if you go to the mother ship of Antica in Naples, the pizza will look like this:

2-da-michele-loz.jpg

It is hard to say that Via Napoli's crust falls outside of this spectrum of renown pizzas.

vno322010LARGE.jpg

In fact, if I have one complaint about VN it is that our pizzas when they first opened were not charred enough . Now when I go, I always make a point of asking that our pizzas be cooked "with a good char". That blackened, smokey crust is essential for maximum flavor.
No, there is a difference between burned and charred. Our experience was some crust was burned. As I said, we have a place here that uses the same approach and doesn't burn the crust. We also have Pete's New Haven pizza here, which uses the same approach.

We love both. If you're looking for pizza then Via Napoli is the place to go. For anything else it's Tutto. We've been to both multiple times, and the service was good but Tutto is definitely better. Every time we have been to Tutto there are multiple people checking in to see if you need anything. The biggest down side to Via is the noise level.

I like them both. I love any seafood dish that Tutto offers,they have always been very good. The last time we ate at VN the center of our pizza was not cooked, so disappointed with it. Anyway, I have book both Restaurants for my upcoming trip and hoping my Pizza will be cooked in the center. Tutto has a romantic feel, Tutto was the only restaurant that acknowledged our 25 anniversary on one trip and they sang to us in Italian. VN has cool wood burning stoves.

We hated our experience at Via Napoli. My daughter ordered pizza and my son and I ordered pasta. The pasta came quickly, but the pizza did not come until my son and I were done eating and it was mushy and runny (undercooked). The pizza on the other tables looked nothing like what my daughter received. When we pointed this out, the waiter was rude and claimed it was 'authentic'. No apology, no refund (for her inedible pizza), no replacement. We couldn't even get a soda refill when we asked. I usually try to over tip when I dine out, but I gave the bare minimum here and will never return. We spoke to the manager and he apologized that we misunderstood what we ordered. It was also way too loud in there. We couldn't even have a conversation.

One thing is for sure...if you order one big pizza for the entire table, the value of Via Napoli is hard to beat for a table service restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter