Tusker House vs Yak n Yeti dinner?

acarsme123

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to get opinions on dinner at Tusker House vs Yak and Yeti. I’ve eaten dinner at Yak and Yeti in the past and loved it. We’ve had Tusker House for breakfast back when it was still a buffet and I remember it being excellent. We have never had Tusker House dinner. The big factor is my picky 13 yo son. He doesn’t eat Asian food or anything with those flavor profiles. I’m trying to remember what he had at Yak and Yeti last time we went. Probably the mac and cheese. Oh, he’s also into cheeseburgers now too as long as they’re basic, which I see Y&Y has on their kids menu.

I’d love to be able to do Boma again, but it’s a logistical nightmare usually. Having to get over to AK Lodge, then afterwards take a bus to Disney Springs to be able to connect back to our Port Orleans Riverside resort. I remember last time the bus dropped us completely at the opposite side of Disney Springs from where the boats were. Not good at the end of the day when your feet are aching to the max!

Personally, I would do Y&Y simply because it is a la carte. I would hate to pay the adult buffet price for a picky eater.

Personally, I would do Y&Y simply because it is a la carte. I would hate to pay the adult buffet price for a picky eater.
Yes, definitely a concern of mine too. I remember he doesn’t each much whenever we’ve gone to Boma and it does sting a little.

Just wanted to get opinions on dinner at Tusker House vs Yak and Yeti. I’ve eaten dinner at Yak and Yeti in the past and loved it. We’ve had Tusker House for breakfast back when it was still a buffet and I remember it being excellent. We have never had Tusker House dinner. The big factor is my picky 13 yo son. He doesn’t eat Asian food or anything with those flavor profiles. I’m trying to remember what he had at Yak and Yeti last time we went. Probably the mac and cheese. Oh, he’s also into cheeseburgers now too as long as they’re basic, which I see Y&Y has on their kids menu.

I’d love to be able to do Boma again, but it’s a logistical nightmare usually. Having to get over to AK Lodge, then afterwards take a bus to Disney Springs to be able to connect back to our Port Orleans Riverside resort. I remember last time the bus dropped us completely at the opposite side of Disney Springs from where the boats were. Not good at the end of the day when your feet are aching to the max!
Y&Y blew me away with how good it was (and I had a salad). Given what you've said, I would suggest them (or a rideshare to/from Boma)

They need to get the Minnie Van service back!
I read your last comment after I posted and given the feelings re: buffets, I'd scratch that. I get it and am weighing it myself - I have a particularly picky kid and want to go to Boma. I think that the saving grace will be that they can eat a ton of the blander foods and that won't feel like a complete waste vs. if they just didn't eat.

I would do Boma and just Uber/Lyft if you can.We definitely miss the Minnie Vans but we have always gotten great ride share drivers in our experience.

I’m a huge fan of yak & yeti, I’d pick that and save the headache, they also have a burger on the adult menu that you can skip the Asian toppings on if your son wants a bigger burger than the kids menu

I was going to add that the adult burger at yak and yeti is my boys and husbands favorite on property. All 3 order it plain and dry. I love the lo mein! It is a must do every trip.

We had dinner at Tusker House a couple of weeks ago. Definitely very good, and certainly not very exotic. There was pork, roast chicken and beef, mac and cheese, potatoes, vegetables. Nothing exceedingly unusual about any of the flavors! All this being said, however, it is mighty pricey if all he is going to eat is mac and cheese!

Last edited:
Love Y&Y's Coconut shrimp with vegies and fried wontons with fresh strawberries & pineapple

We had Tusker House back in July. The food was good, but very pricey. It suited even my pickiest eater though. The main reason we went was for the character interaction and it had been several years (also, Boma wasn't open yet). We were fortunate enough to have a table that made it easy to see and take pictures with the characters in the background because we didn't have any other tables blocking us from them. I felt bad for the tables in the back that we were in front of. I tried to dodge out of their photos as best as possible. All that to say - if you aren't doing it for the characters...I'd probably pass.

Don't forget there are three different ports where the boats dock in Disney Springs. You could ride over to the dock where you catch the boat for Riverside.

I’m a huge fan of yak & yeti, I’d pick that and save the headache, they also have a burger on the adult menu that you can skip the Asian toppings on if your son wants a bigger burger than the kids menu
Oh that’s great to know! Yeah he definitely eats more adult sized portions now, but isn’t into exotic flavors/toppings. So if they could keep it to a more basic burger that would be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter