Tusker House vs. Flame Tree BBQ

GoofyJoofy

What's a Counterless Guy to do?<br><font color=660
I am interested to hear which resturant you liked for lunch, and why, at Animal Kingdom, Tusker House or Flame Tree BBQ?

We are thinking of trying one of these on our Animal Kingdom day. We plan to do Boma for dinner that night, so we can check out the AKL.

Thanks
Joe

Hi, Joe,

We like the Flame tree. Not only is the food tasty, but if you keep walking past the place to the left, there is great seating in shady areas and by the water. It is a nice relaxing place away from the hustle and bustle. Enjoy!! Bob

We, too, liked Flame Tree best. It's just a personal preference, but we didn't care too much for the selections at Tusker House. Our family likes BBQ, so FT was perfect for us. In fact, my DH thought the ribs were great. We were amazed at all the seating because it is so well hidden! Like finnie48 said, it's very relaxing and removed.

Another vote for Flame Tree.

We ate at both Last September and found Flame Tree much more suited to our tastes. Just looking at the menus I thought we would much prefer Tusker House but Flame tree was great and their seating was a perfect getaway.

We are also trying Boma for the first time this trip, I am so excited, I have heard such good things.

Kayla

I like eating at boht of these trstaurants. Just depends o nwaht I'm in the mood for.

Check out the menus. Flame Tree has the edge on the seating (very relaxed).

herc.

Our family has been to both, and we prefer Tuskers. We have had inconsistent food at Flame Tree, and last time we were there the ribs were so tough we could not eat them. I do agree with others that Flame Tree is a shady respite from the rest of the park. We love the food and ambiance at Tusker's. Also, every time we have visted there for lunch we have been treated to wonderful African entertainment.

Well, since Disney BBQ sauce has some seasoning that just doesn't like me, I have never eaten at Flame tree. And I will agree that some selections are better than others at Tusker House. While a lot of peole like Tuskers rotisserie chicken, when I tried it I was not impressed. But, both my Mom and like their wrap sandwiches with soup (I think it is corn chowder?). So that is our normal lunch at AK. Tusker has inside and outside seating areas. Outside areas may or may not be covered. We generally try to find a spot inside, but if it is crowded, we've been perfectly comfortable outside as well.

Ate at Tusker House for the first time a couple of months ago. The service was horrible. They were very disorganized. They ended up having to cook a new lunch because I had to wait 30 minutes for my dessert. (love the chocolate cake). They food was good tho.

We like the ribs at Flame Tree :p The seating by the lake is also very cool and relaxing. It's a very nice place to eat lunch...

We enjoyed them both so it depends which one we are nearer when we are hungry. I do love sitting down by the water at Flame Tree.

Wow sounds like a strong leaning towards Flame Tree. Since we are going in August, we thought we might really need the Air Conditioned location of Tusker House.

But you guys seem to like the cool spots around Flame Tree. We will check it out.

We've only eaten at Flame Tree and only once b/c it wasn't real good. I think we will eventually try it again b/c I'm thinking we may have caught it on a bad day since lots of people like it. It was an extremely hot day and we really needed the a/c, too. The shaded outdoor seating was not nearly enough to refresh us.

We love FlameTree, and plan our tour at AK around it! We happen to love BBQ and love the pulled pork. The shaded area down by the water is nice too! We have never eaten at Tusker.

We have eaten at both many times. and I have to say that Tusker House is our favorite. They have a great salad there, as well as the chowder. Their desserts are by far better than Flame Tree. We have had hit and miss food at Flame Tree, sometimes good, sometimes bad. However, we have always had great food at Tusker House. I agree that there are some great places to eat by Flame Tree down by the water, but I personally like my food to be good.

Pam

I agree the seating area down by the water is beautiful & relaxing. We had entrees at the Flame Tree twice & didn't care for the food or service either time. Got some onion rings (great-but very greasy!)on our last trip & sat down by the water. There was a boat with Mickey & Minnie & a band that happened by while we were there--great photo op!
We love the rotis. chicken dinner at Tusker House & have it at least once each trip. The bakery there is excellent, with the carrot cake being our favorite.
For us it's eat at Tusker House, but grab some popcorn or mickey bars & relax down by the water in back of the Flame Tree.

We ate at the Tusker House last July and bought one of the value meals. The food was divine, the setting very relaxing, and the wait minimal. We are very much looking forward to a return trip for lunch here. As a matter of fact, that was one of the first things my daughter mentioned when we planned this trip. The garlic mashed potatoes........Yum!!!!!! I also agree about the carrot cake, but the serving was huge! We split it three ways.

We have been to WDW only twice, & Tusker House was the only restaurant we had to do both times....we do alot of eating on the run at Disney, so therefore don't eat the most well-balanced meals....when we eat at TH the chicken & green beans taste soooo good to us....very tasty! We like the indoor seating & think it is very comfortable & quiet.....you will get pros & cons on all restaurants...that is the beauty of these boards....you get all sides of the story!

We have tried both, and it's Tusker House for sure. The 1/2 Rot. chicken was very flavorful and we were able to substitute DD chips with grapes. We think the food at Flame Tree was dry.

Flame Tree. We've had good food at both places, but we like Flame Tree more. The pulled pork is delicious. We 've not had one bad meal there.

The outdoor seating is nice. Even going in August it's very comfortable outside because of all the trees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter