TS large portions

Llama mama

DIS Veteran
Edit *** sorry I should have said we are paying out of pocket ****My buffalo chicken salad at Sci-Fi was HUGE and delicious. It could have easily feed another person or two lol. What other TS restaurants have large portions you can share? I want to save some money this vacation and throw away less food . Thx

Last edited:
The easy answer is... all of them :laughing: Or, my mom & I think so. If you tried to take half a meal away from my dad or my fiance, you'd get a fork through your hand.

Some with particularly large portions, in my opinion...
  • Mama Melrose's
  • 50s
  • Yak & Yeti
  • Sanaa, especially if you have the bread service
& of course you can share a pizza at Via Napoli.

We say all of them, too. Sides are included and that makes a difference. Signatures will often list sides as an add-on. Even several QS are very sharable. 3 orders of fish & chips at Yorkshire County is enough for the 5 of us, with a couple of hollow-leg kids. I admit that a Blacksmith does help fill DH and me up.

The easy answer is... all of them :laughing: Or, my mom & I think so. If you tried to take half a meal away from my dad or my fiance, you'd get a fork through your hand.

Some with particularly large portions, in my opinion...
  • Mama Melrose's
  • 50s
  • Yak & Yeti
  • Sanaa, especially if you have the bread service
& of course you can share a pizza at Via Napoli.
You can share food in any way. When i get a huge portion..on credit our not...the food isnt going to waste. If say the wife isn't that hungry...shell just eat some of my portion. Totally allowed.

You cannot share (use one credit to feed more than one person) at VN when using the DDP.

EDIT: My mistake...the question wasn't in reference to using DDP credits.
Sure you can. If i get say a pizza. You can share that using the plan. We do it a lot. The wife will order a drink and we share a pizza. Its fine. Or any restaurant. Keeps a person from wasting a credit. All that matters is using one credit for say one meal. Doesn't matter how many eat it.

Sure you can. If i get say a pizza. You can share that using the plan. We do it a lot. The wife will order a drink and we share a pizza. Its fine. Or any restaurant. Keeps a person from wasting a credit. All that matters is using one credit for say one meal. Doesn't matter how many eat it.

Via Napoli has long discouraged or not allowed sharing on the DDP. Your experience isn't the norm for that restaurant.
Edit: They do allow it when paying OOP

Sure you can. If i get say a pizza. You can share that using the plan. We do it a lot. The wife will order a drink and we share a pizza. Its fine.

Other restaurants, outside of buffets or other AYCE...no problem.

VN has always frowned upon it.

You're a unicorn. Of course, it seems that your experiences are different from most on just about everything.

You're a unicorn.
Thanks..YMMV-- hope you have great trips to WDW..We always do. What we do and what works for us, may not for you. Everyone does things differently. What works for each individual or family is what matters. Even if they are different. Thats what makes WDW so great. Each family has their own unique experience.

Last edited:
YMMV should be in the title of their handbooks. Just don't be surprised if VN requires everyone in your party use a TS credit, in the future.
thanks.. Its important to always have a different opinion or experience. What works for us (always) and always will--may not you. But thats what makes life what it is. Wish you the best in all your trips to the world.

You cannot share (use one credit to feed more than one person) at VN when using the DDP.

EDIT: My mistake...the question wasn't in reference to using DDP credits.
'sokay. Helps to provide the information for future or unaware readers!
Its important to always have a different opinion or experience.
Equally important whenever one is reasonably expected to be aware (as here) their experience is an anomoly, to provide said information to the reader.

'sokay. Helps to provide the information for future or unaware readers!

Equally important whenever one is reasonably expected to be aware (as here) their experience is an anomoly, to provide said information to the reader.
Right. And it’s perfectly fine to share meals that are large portions. This isn’t the case for some meals as they are normal size or whatever. But sharing a meal when a credit is used from the dining plan is completely allowed. Folks do it all the time. You have your meal and snack credits. And depending on if it’s quick service or TS meal plan you can do with the credits how you want. We have shared pizza at VN every visit. Twice using credits. It’s a non issue. And certainly any where you pay cash. There is no meal police dictating portions and who eats what. Lol. I always say just do what’s best for your family and vice versa. We all do our vacations different and that’s ok.

Last edited:
You can share food in any way. When i get a huge portion..on credit our not...the food isnt going to waste. If say the wife isn't that hungry...shell just eat some of my portion. Totally allowed.
Did you mean to quote me? I feel like I'm missing something!

Right. And it’s perfectly fine to share meals that are large portions. This isn’t the case for some meals as they are normal size or whatever. But sharing a meal when a credit is used from the dining plan is completely allowed.
Except by the owners/management say it's not, i.e. Via Napoli pizza.
We have shared pizza at VN every visit. Twice using credits. It’s a non issue.
It's an issue when only one party has ever been allowed to share an individual pizza using one DDP credit while nobody else ever has been able to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter