Tropical threat?? Leaving in 9 days...

You can sill see Charley damage when riding the monorail. Andrew although South was large enought to distrup operations in WDW.
We were supposed to arrive this afternoon but I cancelled everything last night. I had nonrefundable room reservations for the Dolphin Resort that I got through priceline. I did purchase trip insurance just in case and I filed a claim this morning. Their contract states that natural disasters qualify, but I'm concerned that Orlando is only under a watch instead of a hurricane warning and they will deny my claim. Has anybody had any experience with this kind of situation. I would hate to be out $1,100 on a technicality. Any thoughts or advice?

We were supposed to arrive this afternoon but I cancelled everything last night. I had nonrefundable room reservations for the Dolphin Resort that I got through priceline. I did purchase trip insurance just in case and I filed a claim this morning. Their contract states that natural disasters qualify, but I'm concerned that Orlando is only under a watch instead of a hurricane warning and they will deny my claim. Has anybody had any experience with this kind of situation. I would hate to be out $1,100 on a technicality. Any thoughts or advice?
They are under a hurricane warning now.

Reactions: asc
And for only the third time in 51 years, we have a full two days of the parks being closed due to weather.

If the parks are closed on Friday it will be the longest the parks ever had to closed for a hurricane in the history of Walt Disney World.

Yeah this thing looks to come essentially up I-4. only good thing is WDW will be more on the left side but still looks not good.

WDW has publicly announced park closures for Wednesday and Thursday. Disney Springs closed Wednesday, expected to be Thursday as well, but they will make that call at a later time.
1664314513661.png

We were supposed to fly tomorrow from ATL and we're obviously not going. Our rooms are via a conference, so I cannot modify online and the last time I called about something, not even the Group Reservations could do anything with it, it had to be done via the specific Disney Travel Planner. Because of the specific nature of the trip (conference), we won't be able to modify to a later time, but I would like to modify the dates slightly (take out this week, add a bit of next week). I think I'll need to be on the phone with Disney and the conference organizer tomorrow. I was always very jealous of people with their conference rates, but I never realized how difficult it is to make a modification.

While I know this is primarily Orlando/WDW talk the Tampa Bay game against KC there's a possibility of moving it out of FL completely for Sunday. It has been confirmed that New Orleans has offered up their stadium if need be although no official word one way or the other at this time. I'd be worried about the airport and such and anyone who has tickets to the game trying to get there.

There are still guests in resorts, many cm working resorts won’t get to go home.
Seems more essential (and safe assuming they can also stay there) to house guests and feed them than open extra shops with folks who would have to leave their homes..?

We were supposed to fly tomorrow from ATL and we're obviously not going. Our rooms are via a conference, so I cannot modify online and the last time I called about something, not even the Group Reservations could do anything with it, it had to be done via the specific Disney Travel Planner. Because of the specific nature of the trip (conference), we won't be able to modify to a later time, but I would like to modify the dates slightly (take out this week, add a bit of next week). I think I'll need to be on the phone with Disney and the conference organizer tomorrow. I was always very jealous of people with their conference rates, but I never realized how difficult it is to make a modification.
Were you supposed to be there on a mixture of personal and business time?

Seems like that could get hairy trying to adjust the dates when you're not technically on company time

Walt Disney World Resort Hotels

For the safety of our Guests and Cast Members, Guests must check in to our resorts on Sept. 28, by 3 p.m. Please feel free to reschedule your trip or cancel your stay with us; any customary cancellation fees will be waived.
  • Guests that are checked in by 3 p.m. Wednesday will be asked to shelter in place at their resort for the duration of the storm, this includes any resort-to-resort transfers
  • Guests are strongly encouraged to enjoy food and beverage offerings at the parks and Disney Springs before returning to their Resort hotels.
  • Dining options for Guests staying in our Resort hotels will vary, and in some cases may be very limited. Where available, restaurants will accept walk-ups only; Guests will not need dining reservations.
  • Characters will not be available in character dining locations on Wednesday and Thursday
  • The Grand Floridian Spa will close at noon Wednesday, Sept. 28.

I really feel for the College Program and International Cast Members with many,if not most, having their first experience with a Hurricane and being away from home at the same time.

I know their families have to be so concerned.

I am sure Disney will do their best to make everything as good as possible for them at Flamingo Crossings.

And some will be working and staying at the Resorts.

Were you supposed to be there on a mixture of personal and business time?

Seems like that could get hairy trying to adjust the dates when you're not technically on company time
Yeah, my husband was supposed to spend Saturday at the Conference, but we are fully paying for all transportation, food and hotel costs because we were staying beyond just Saturday as a family trip, so it was a mix of business and leisure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter