Tropical threat?? Leaving in 9 days...

we just bought tickets directly from Disney. We booked All Stars through hotwire and already got our money back for it.
Sorry I was meaning under the park reservation buckets whether you were trying to book under regular, ones for resort hotel or AP

Now I have a different question. Have you tried changing your tickets first from October to December? You should be able to modify the date your tickets are good for. Maybe that was what the CM was meaning by "cancel"?? While I haven't had to do it Disney does say you can through your MDE account and like lanejudy said if there's a higher price for the dates in December you want you'll be paying the difference (according to Disney at the end of the transaction).

ETA:
A quick how to from a parks blog (hopefully it's still current info)
"Since Walt Disney World uses date-based pricing for theme park tickets, you choose the dates you plan to visit when you purchase them. To change those dates, just log in to your My Disney Experience account and go to "My Plans." Then go to your tickets and select "Change Tickets." That's where you can modify the type of ticket you have, change your options, or change your dates. Do note that if there's a difference in price for your new dates, you'll be able to pay that when you finish making your changes.

If you have any problems making the adjustment to your dates online, you can always call Disney's Guest Relations at the Existing Tickets number, where a Cast Member will walk you through your options for changing your tickets.

And Dixie, don't forget you'll also need to update your Disney Park Pass reservations with your new dates! You can take a peek at the Availability Calendar to help you plan your new theme park itinerary."

From what my friends say over by Universal had more impact

Hulk has a good part of it submerged by the launch point (not sure the status of it right now) and Jurassic Park River Adventure is damaged with part of the building on the side exposed with metal support beams (couldn't speculate on that but that one IMO would be more of a repair/time needed to repair situation).

This is the screenshot the friends saw on FB that they shared with us this morning

View attachment 706581

Keep in mind though that the launch point and parts of Hulk are over water to begin with so not entirely unexpected with the heavy rain and the amount of rain they got
Wow. Thanks.

Wow. Thanks.
I really enjoy Jurassic Park (even though that drop!) so fingers crossed it's getting fixed quickly. My husband loves Hulk (his fav coaster behind VelociCoaster) and while my mind thinks that will be a quicker fix I'm hoping so.

One of my friends down there said Safari at AK however is closed tomorrow (didn't have any further information to give) so I'm really hoping nothing uber bad happened there.

ETA:
A quick how to from a parks blog (hopefully it's still current info)
"Since Walt Disney World uses date-based pricing for theme park tickets, you choose the dates you plan to visit when you purchase them. To change those dates, just log in to your My Disney Experience account and go to "My Plans." Then go to your tickets and select "Change Tickets." That's where you can modify the type of ticket you have, change your options, or change your dates. Do note that if there's a difference in price for your new dates, you'll be able to pay that when you finish making your changes.
This worked!!!! It gave me an error when i went through the app and wouldnt let me change the date past October.. Lanejudy & Mackenzie Click-Mickelson--i cant thank you enough for taking your time to help me out. Thank the Good Lord, i didnt cancel the tickets like the CM said!!! Yall are the best!!!

Just fyi for anyone not there who is wondering. My DD is a CM and she lives in Davenport and they were without power for at least a day. Not sure if it has been restored as she was staying with some other CM's in Celebration during the storm. They never lost power and the next day she face timed with me and there was just a bunch of tree limbs and debris. They did try to drive to McDonalds and the road was super flooded. She had a flight booked to come home today and I was worried about the airport flooding but she said she had no issues getting in and she parked in long term parking and no issues there either. Her flight was delayed a bit going to Atlanta but she got off and is on her way. Like many of you I debated over and over about coming but made the decision Monday AM to cancel my Tues morning flight. I probably could have made it there (flight was supposed to get in at 11:30 p.m. Tues night) but I didn't want to waste part of my time just sitting in the hotel and not knowing if they would lose power or if we would be without food. On Wed morning DD tried to get gas and many stations by her were completely out. Not sure if that has changed by now. I was able to just re-book my park tickets. I am now going in April and I just had to pay 25 dollars difference in fees. I also was already able to re-book my reservations. At the end of the day, like many of you, I was glad to not be "in the way" and taking up a room for a vacay that an evacuee may have needed. My aunt lost her vacation home in Fort Meyers and I felt really guilty worrying about a trip that I was able to easily reschedule when so many have lost so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter