Tron in Extra Evening Hours

Okay so the 6 p.m. chance to get a boarding group may not be called during "extra magic hours". It may be called before. Also I thought you could try as long as you were staying at a deluxe resort and had entered your first park of the day by that time.
For example, if I am going to Animal Kingdom on the day of the MK extra hours and we leave AK for dinner planning to go to MK after we eat, we can not get a boarding group according to this logic. Are you sure this won't work?
We were there late March during the soft open so Tron wasn’t doing extended hours yet, but for Guardians what you are saying would absolutely work. We have APs and for the Monday extended hours at Epcot we got into the Guardians 6 pm drop on the Skyliner on our way to Epcot but we had not tapped in yet. We had tapped in and spent the day at the Studios which was our reserved park.

We were there late March during the soft open so Tron wasn’t doing extended hours yet, but for Guardians what you are saying would absolutely work. We have APs and for the Monday extended hours at Epcot we got into the Guardians 6 pm drop on the Skyliner on our way to Epcot but we had not tapped in yet. We had tapped in and spent the day at the Studios which was our reserved park.
Sadly it feels consistently inconsistent!

We have people reporting what you experienced (tapped into first park but had not yet tapped into EEH park) yet we eligible to get a VQ and other have found they were not given the option if they had not tapped in to the park with the VQ.

We’re trying to closely track this as the question gets asked often but so far guest experiences differ from guest to guest. :(

I am simply asking for others experience when they got in the VQ at 6 PM, what time they were called? I saw a couple people say they were called after 10PM, so trying to see if anyone has been called during the fireworks.
We were there on Apr 19, our 1pm BG (group 158, booked around 1:40pm) was called at 8:45, our 6pm BG (192, booked immediately at 6) was called at about 10:45. It actually seemed like there was a lag for a while between groups being called as the 10:00 hour progressed. It looked like they stayed on group 189 for a while without advancing and my hunch was that that was the last 1pm BG and that they’d wait till 11 to start calling the 6pm’s. I suppose that still could have been the case even tho we got called a little before 11.

You have 1 hour to return from the time your group is called. There is no guarantee that 6PM drops are called after fireworks as it will depend on when the 1PM groups finish. As soon as the last 1PM group is called they begin to call the 6PM groups so the timing varies each time there is a 6PM drop.

To be eligible for the 6PM drop you either need to have a MK park reservation or, have tapped into the MK. If your reservation for that day is at Epcot then you will not be eligible to attempt to join the VQ until you have tapped into the MK.

Guests that are eligible for the 6PM drop who have not tapped into the MK are guests who's park reservation for the day is MK.
I think that's fair enough, otherwise people who have been at the other parks or whatever would grab a VQ just in case they go to the MK and reduce the number of groups for people actually in the park who want to ride.

Is it possible to be eligible for 2 VQs? For example if we get a VQ at 7am could we also get one at 6pm because we are staying in a deluxe resort?

Is it possible to be eligible for 2 VQs? For example if we get a VQ at 7am could we also get one at 6pm because we are staying in a deluxe resort?
YES, you can actually ride three times on that day! Once in the daytime VQ, once by ILL, and once by nighttime VQ!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter