Tron in Extra Evening Hours

Last Wednesday I joined right at 6 on the dot and I’m pretty sure we got the 3rd BG offered to extended evening hours, dunno is we were lucky or if that was an indication that I could have waited a min to join, either way, we got called at 10:45

Do you have to be in the park to get the VQ? Reason being is next Wednesday is our flight in, and thought about going to MK for the late night. We probably won't be tapped it at 6, so wondering if you can do it from a general Disney resort location?

Do you have to be in the park to get the VQ? Reason being is next Wednesday is our flight in, and thought about going to MK for the late night. We probably won't be tapped it at 6, so wondering if you can do it from a general Disney resort location?
If it is like GOTG queue for evening hours, you can be at the resort. We were at Yacht Club when I got those last time, so close but not there.

As long as MK is your reserved park, you can try at 6 PM from anywhere.

My DH & I were flying down the day of our extra hours & were actually boarding at 6 pm. MK was our reserved park & it was open til 11 pm that day. Our DDIL signed into my MDE account & got us a boarding spot from 1,000 miles away.

The TRON Extra Evening Hours on April 5th were great! We got to ride 4 times. Once during regular park hours and 3 times after hours. There was obviously a glitch in the system. We scanned and it still showed on MDX so we tried again and scanned through so we did it again, and again! After the third time it finally went away.

IMG_7846.JPG

IMG_7853.JPG

IMG_7852.JPG

IMG_7993.JPG

The TRON Extra Evening Hours on April 5th were great! We got to ride 4 times. Once during regular park hours and 3 times after hours. There was obviously a glitch in the system. We scanned and it still showed on MDX so we tried again and scanned through so we did it again, and again! After the third time it finally went away.

View attachment 756475

View attachment 756476

View attachment 756477

View attachment 756478

So cool! How was the line to get in to the ride?

That’s the same day we went. I didn’t ride but my DH did. He got in line at about 11:40 & waited 35 minutes, he wasn’t off til about 12:20. Maybe a lot people noticed that glitch & were in line that weren’t expected. The line was definitely longer than we expected & took a big chunk of our 2 hours.

As long as MK is your reserved park, you can try at 6 PM from anywhere.
Does MK really have to be your reserved park? A lot of people go somewhere different during the day and then hop over for evening hours at MK. I don't think park reservation matters for the 6 p.m. one but I could be wrong.

Does MK really have to be your reserved park? A lot of people go somewhere different during the day and then hop over for evening hours at MK. I don't think park reservation matters for the 6 p.m. one but I could be wrong.

If someone is a guest at a Deluxe resort and has a MK Park Pass, then they automatically qualify for the 6pm VQ, regardless of where they are are or if they have yet entered the MK.

If someone is a guest at a Deluxe resort and has a parkhopper/AP with a park pass for a different park, then they will qualify of the 6pm VQ only AFTER they scan into their reserved park (even if they have not yet entered the MK).

In the rare instance when someone has a Park Pass for a different park, and have not entered it before 6pm, they will not qualify for the 6pm VQ, even if they plan to go to their first park, then hop to the MK.

Last edited:
On April 19, we got boarding group 11 at the 7am VQ. Only 2 in my party used it. I removed the others and tried at 309pm to get the other members into the 1pm dropped and it was still open. We got group 180. None of them were going to ride it so I dropped it again. We were staying at Wilderness Lodge so at 6pm, we got boarding group 202. We were called around 1105pm. Thanks to staying at WL, my husband and oldest son were able to ride it 3 times that day (VQ, ILL and VQ). It's my husband's favorite ride (I still prefer Guardians)

Reactions: DLo
During the day it was around 30 minutes, we had the $ILL because I didn't get the VQ. The after hours VQ went smooth. Each wait we basically walked all the way to the pre show room then walked all the way to the loading area. Maybe 10-15 minutes each time.

From people's experiences when you get a boarding group at 6 PM, will your group be called AFTER fireworks? We want to make sure we get to see the fireworks but worried our group will be called like right at 8:45.

Also, I have read the posts above but still confused on if we can get a VQ while not being at MK. Our park reservation is at Epcot that day but we have an AP, I didn't want to rush over to be there right at 6 if we didn't have to.

From people's experiences when you get a boarding group at 6 PM, will your group be called AFTER fireworks? We want to make sure we get to see the fireworks but worried our group will be called like right at 8:45.

Also, I have read the posts above but still confused on if we can get a VQ while not being at MK. Our park reservation is at Epcot that day but we have an AP, I didn't want to rush over to be there right at 6 if we didn't have to.
You have 1 hour to return from the time your group is called. There is no guarantee that 6PM drops are called after fireworks as it will depend on when the 1PM groups finish. As soon as the last 1PM group is called they begin to call the 6PM groups so the timing varies each time there is a 6PM drop.

To be eligible for the 6PM drop you either need to have a MK park reservation or, have tapped into the MK. If your reservation for that day is at Epcot then you will not be eligible to attempt to join the VQ until you have tapped into the MK.

Guests that are eligible for the 6PM drop who have not tapped into the MK are guests who's park reservation for the day is MK.

You have 1 hour to return from the time your group is called. There is no guarantee that 6PM drops are called after fireworks as it will depend on when the 1PM groups finish. As soon as the last 1PM group is called they begin to call the 6PM groups so the timing varies each time there is a 6PM drop.

To be eligible for the 6PM drop you either need to have a MK park reservation or, have tapped into the MK. If your reservation for that day is at Epcot then you will not be eligible to attempt to join the VQ until you have tapped into the MK.

Guests that are eligible for the 6PM drop who have not tapped into the MK are guests who's park reservation for the day is MK.
Okay so the 6 p.m. chance to get a boarding group may not be called during "extra magic hours". It may be called before. Also I thought you could try as long as you were staying at a deluxe resort and had entered your first park of the day by that time.
For example, if I am going to Animal Kingdom on the day of the MK extra hours and we leave AK for dinner planning to go to MK after we eat, we can not get a boarding group according to this logic. Are you sure this won't work?

I know this, I was seeing from others experiences have they been called after fireworks

I know this, I was seeing from others experiences have they been called after fireworks
Just so I understand, are you saying ALL were called after the fireworks? None were ever called before or during fireworks? There is the 1 hour return window but if a VQ is called before fireworks begin, it can be tight to make it within the 1 hour window.

Just so I understand, are you saying ALL were called after the fireworks? None were ever called before or during fireworks? There is the 1 hour return window but if a VQ is called before fireworks begin, it can be tight to make it within the 1 hour window.
I am simply asking for others experience when they got in the VQ at 6 PM, what time they were called? I saw a couple people say they were called after 10PM, so trying to see if anyone has been called during the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter