Trip Insurance

mkb3

DIS Veteran
Our 7 year old is a cancer survivor, but with cancer and it's treatments impact on your body you never know what can pop up so we now purchase trip insurance when we go on vacation. Has anyone ever used Disney's before? If not were you able to find cheaper elsewhere? Honestly I didn't know you could order insurance with someone besides who you were booking with until recently so this is all new to me. Disney's $75 per person seems steep to me compared to what I have paid on other trips.

I don't usually buy insurance for Disney but I do for my cruises. I go to insure my trip dot com. You put in all your info and a bunch of policy options will pop up. Then look over all the options and find one that works best for you.

I'm guessing you want to be sure and have coverage for a pre-existing condition (PEC). I'm not sure about WDW's policy as we never purchase for land-based trips, but I know the policy DCL offers do NOT include a PEC waiver. Typically, it means purchasing within a couple of weeks of making initial payment to get a PEC, though it can be purchased later for a higher premium. Use one of the trip insurance comparison websites, then contact the vendor to ask any specific questions before purchasing.

Enjoy your vacation!

We have bought insurance for all 3 of our trips and just used it for the first time this year. My little miss fell in a bathroom and split her forehead open. Disney provided free transportation to the urgent care, and I submitted a claim for my copay, simply by taking a picture of my receipt with my cell phone and it was approved and paid quickly. Like within a week or so. Then I received a bill from the urgent care for around $300. Apparently my health insurance covered nothing because I was out of network. I submitted that claim, again by just taking a picture of the bill and again was approved and paid quickly. I was really impressed by the ease. Now maybe a hospital stay for thousands of dollars would be a different story, but I was super impressed and will continue to buy from Disney.

Regarding pre existing conditions I read 60 days. Since she has been off treatment for a year I would assume that if the worst happens and she relapses (my biggest concern) that would be covered.

We ve used Insure my trip dot com several times. Typically pre existent waiver can be included when you purchase within 1 day of deposit. However the option is still available
At an upcharge on several companies. There is also an option for cancel for Any reason.
You plug in your parameters.. where/when/cost. Don’t include anything covered under another policy. For example, if you cancel a southwest flight within the timeframe, you’d get credit or miles. You cannot collect where you are covered under another place.
The Most Important thing is to review Exclusions. If it’s Not in exclusions, you re covered.
Wishing you a Healthy Happy Magical fun filled trip.
Blessings to your Entire family.

Last edited:
Regarding pre existing conditions I read 60 days. Since she has been off treatment for a year I would assume that if the worst happens and she relapses (my biggest concern) that would be covered.

Each policy can be different. Just confirm what the PEC “look back” period is for the policy you want to buy. And whether routine follow-up visits are considered or not.

“Cancel for any reason” is another coverage option, but typically only pays out a percentage rather than full reimbursement.

Enjoy your vacation!

I would recommend taking to a representative form Insure my Trip. On the cruise policies we bought, preexisting conditions were waived when insurance was purchased within 30 days of deposit. No one has any conditions that we are aware of, but I still prefer to have that as part of the policy so no one can say something is not covered because of something that perhaps a doctor's appointment between now and the trip mentions or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter