• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip Cancelled

Do you really think that Disney is the only company that cancels their trips if only a handful of people are booked? Everyone probably does this.

They might be the only company that has discussion boards!

These boards probably deter people as we're all worried that our tours will be canceled and lurkers won't have any confidence to book. I'm losing faith daily.

Also, I have requested five times now for an ABD brochure to be mailed out to me, and each time I am assured that it will happen. It has yet to arrive. I have asked since August 1.

It is also very frustrating that they won't give us any information about our tours. When I toured with Globus, they told me how many people were booked.

Have they removed the cancelled tours of the site yet? Last time I looked they were still there, but I haven't kept track of all the ones I've read about here.

Do you really think that Disney is the only company that cancels their trips if only a handful of people are booked? Everyone probably does this.

I don't really know, but this is the second time they have done this to me and the trip I was booked on was the only adults only trip that was offered for that itinerary and I don't feel they are living up to the standards they proport to hold.

Please let us know Phil if they give you the Italian trip...I've got my fingers crossed for you!!

I know some friends are on a tour in Vietnam right now and there was only one other person going and that tour company did not cancel the tour. I think many of the other tour companies guarantee the tour once you book.

It is a tough call cancelling tours, you want to make money but at the same time if the public does not have faith that you will provide a booked tour no one is going to book your tours.

They might be the only company that has discussion boards!

These boards probably deter people as we're all worried that our tours will be canceled and lurkers won't have any confidence to book. I'm losing faith daily.

Also, I have requested five times now for an ABD brochure to be mailed out to me, and each time I am assured that it will happen. It has yet to arrive. I have asked since August 1.

It is also very frustrating that they won't give us any information about our tours. When I toured with Globus, they told me how many people were booked.

Have they removed the cancelled tours of the site yet? Last time I looked they were still there, but I haven't kept track of all the ones I've read about here.

I just chedked and the cancelled dates are still on the website and some of these trips were cancelled prior to them redoing their website. Then again disney's IT department as a whole needs to be fired and revamped but that is a whole other thread.

Aw man! I'm so sorry that happened to you!!!!! Bummer!!!

Well, when I booked my australia trip, we did it through my travel agent who got us info about our trip! I'm not really sure how though, and im not sure if it was just the info everyone gets?? I dont know.

Ps. I live in CA. sooo much to do!! I recommend coming!!

I know that Backroads, which ABD is supposed to be modeled after, does not. They guarantee that their trips (with a few specific exceptions) will happen no matter how few people sign up.

Sayhello

HI, I just got a call from ABD. Since my Costa Rica trip was cancelled they have offered me the Viva Italia trip for the same dates at the same price that I paid for Costa Rica. I had got the early booking rate plus $100.00 off each person because I went on the Backsatge Magic trip last year. They will not honor what I paid for Airfare. I had got such a great deal on airfare to Costa Rica. $594.00/person. Airfare to Italy via Delta/Air France is $2334.00 for two. I have not decided yet. My daughter really wanted to do something adventureous such as the zipline and white water rafting!

Wow...that's a tough call. I think they did the right thing in offering the Italy trip at the same price...not sure really how I feel about the airfaire part of it. Will you be able to apply what you paid for your flights to the new trip, or will you lose what you've already paid? I think that would be the deciding factor for me...I'd probably bite the bullet and pay the difference for the new airfare...only if I was truly interested in the Italy trip. From what I've heard it's a wonderful tour...but, admittedly not zip-lining or rafting. Good luck with your decision, and let us know what you end up doing.

I do not forfeit the airfare I already paid for Costa Rica since I booked it with ABD. I really was not that interested in Italy. I might just decide on a 7 day Disney Magic Cruise!

I do not forfeit the airfare I already paid for Costa Rica since I booked it with ABD. I really was not that interested in Italy. I might just decide on a 7 day Disney Magic Cruise!

Oh!!!! I'm so sorry! I know how much you wanted to go. A cruise sounds really good tho!

what a BUMMER!!
I am sorry to hear about your trip.
But everything happens for a reason... Maybe God is saving you from a tragedy.

I know it stinks but you gotta look at things on the brighter side.

Well, since my Costa Rica trip was cancelled for 4/18/09, I rebooked another Costa Rica trip for 07/08/09. I was told that THIS trip is just about fully booked. This is my trip of a lifetime! I can't wait. I hope it goes off without a hitch. I was told by ABD that Coata Rica had a earth quake the beginning of Jan. measureing 5.0 on the ricther scale! I am from New England and have no idea what that might feel like and I hope I never do.

Yay! So glad you're getting to go after all, albeit later than you'd planned. I hope you have a fantabulous time!

Well, since my Costa Rica trip was cancelled for 4/18/09, I rebooked another Costa Rica trip for 07/08/09. I was told that THIS trip is just about fully booked. This is my trip of a lifetime! I can't wait. I hope it goes off without a hitch. I was told by ABD that Coata Rica had a earth quake the beginning of Jan. measureing 5.0 on the ricther scale! I am from New England and have no idea what that might feel like and I hope I never do.
Oh, congrats! So glad it worked out that you could still do Costa Rica! Enjoy, enjoy!

Earthquake, eh? I'm from Southern California originally, so I know what they feel like. I'd still rather not feel a 5.0 while on vacation, though. 3.0, no big deal...

Sayhello

Well, now they've cancelled Southwest Splendors for June 16 departure. The CM was very smarmy, giving a line about wanting us to have the best experience, which required a large group. Having been reading this thread and dreading the call, I'm afraid she got an earful from me about their poor planning. (I did apologize later, I know she's just reading from a script.)

This certainly helps our budgeting for this year, as we had been up in the air whether to plan for a 2010 trip. We will definitely not be making any future ABD trips until they can get their act together.

What a sour taste after such a good experience last year. I think they just really miscalculated with this economy. (and didn't we all to some extent?)

We may be able to work out going on the June 20 departure, we'll just have to see. She couldn't even guarantee that one would go, so we may just take our money and run, and do our own version of the trip.

Anyone else get calls today?

Oh dear! I dread this, every day I dread this.

No call yet, but our trip is July 22. Certainly ABD is cancelling farther out now, which is good for people to plan. However, I have booked non-refundable airfare so if the tour is cancelled, I guess we are going on our own. This really annoys me but what can I do? Just wait and see like everyone else. I certainly wish I could see how many people had booked so far. I was told in November it was 12 or 13, but I don't know if I even believe that anymore.

At the very least ABD should have their website up to date with the cancellations.

Well, now they've cancelled Southwest Splendors for June 16 departure. The CM was very smarmy, giving a line about wanting us to have the best experience, which required a large group. Having been reading this thread and dreading the call, I'm afraid she got an earful from me about their poor planning. (I did apologize later, I know she's just reading from a script.)

This certainly helps our budgeting for this year, as we had been up in the air whether to plan for a 2010 trip. We will definitely not be making any future ABD trips until they can get their act together.

What a sour taste after such a good experience last year. I think they just really miscalculated with this economy. (and didn't we all to some extent?)

We may be able to work out going on the June 20 departure, we'll just have to see. She couldn't even guarantee that one would go, so we may just take our money and run, and do our own version of the trip.

Anyone else get calls today?

Kristilew...how about joining us on the July 4 Southwest Splendours...it's almost full so is surely a go! Good luck with your decision!

kjd, as much as we'd love to finally meet you ;) .....we have another family who has planned their annual Sedona trip around our ABD, and DD heads to camp for the rest of the summer in early July. :sad2:

Phil, I'd love to know what you said to get them to agree to the Italy trip at the same price as the Costa Rica trip. I asked if they would do that for subbing the Galapagos trip on the same dates as our original SWS and all they would do is an early booking and loyalty discount. If we could have gotten that trip for such a deal, we would have been thrilled, and happy to pay the airfare difference. (and we would have left our friends in the Sedona dust in a heartbeat!)

kristilew sadly goes off to adjust her siggie :sad: :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter