Tried to add Genie + to my AP at Midnight and 6AM on the App, couldn’t

Wouldn’t have me either. Every other phone number at Disney have several hour waits. Including the private VIP tour number. Even folks who are going to spend thousands can’t get through. Amazing that this line has no wait. Can they do anything other than add genie?
I think this is the number for assistance with the website or My Disney Experience. Hopefully it will remain a good option for those of us in this predicament. Crossing my fingers!

Wouldn’t have me either. Every other phone number at Disney have several hour waits. Including the private VIP tour number. Even folks who are going to spend thousands can’t get through. Amazing that this line has no wait. Can they do anything other than add genie?
Not sure. I always selected option 1 right away. It says something like "if you need immediate assistance with genie + for today, select 1." I never listened to the other options.

Not sure. I always selected option 1 right away. It says something like "if you need immediate assistance with genie + for today, select 1." I never listened to the other options.
Thanks. I don't plan to ever prepurchase tickets with Genie ever again so hopefully won't ever encounter the issue but it's good to know

Oh lord, we have AP's and our friends visiting with us have tickets with G+ for our MLK weekend visit. Can CM's at the resort front desk help add G+ for me and my husband before 7am? Or can we call before 7am? Yikes, this makes me nervous!

Has anyone here had a mix of AP and regular tickets w/ G+ pre-purchased and was able to successfully purchase G+ for the AP's before 7am without issue??
How did everything go for you? Would love to hear about your experience.

How did everything go for you? Would love to hear about your experience.
Wouldn’t give me the option to purchase, so I had to call the number. Was on hold for about 4 minutes at 6:35 am. They recommended that I logout, delete the app and reinstall. Going to try that tonight but I have a feeling tomorrow I’ll need to call again.

Was pretty easy, just stressful because I didn’t know how long the wait would be. Tomorrow I’ll be more relaxed about it.

Wouldn’t give me the option to purchase, so I had to call the number. Was on hold for about 4 minutes at 6:35 am. They recommended that I logout, delete the app and reinstall. Going to try that tonight but I have a feeling tomorrow I’ll need to call again.

Was pretty easy, just stressful because I didn’t know how long the wait would be. Tomorrow I’ll be more relaxed about it.
It won't make any difference.

Sad thing is they really think that works. They really have no clue there's a problem with AP and guests with tickets that include Genie.
One would think they would put two-and-two together when they get repeated phone calls about the same thing. The longer this lasts, the more I think it is a feature, not a bug.

Thank you for reporting back! I'm sorry it didn't work, but glad your wait on hold was short. I can totally understand the stress (and sure that is the way I will feel too!)

One would think they would put two-and-two together when they get repeated phone calls about the same thing. The longer this lasts, the more I think it is a feature, not a bug.
The way I've been told is it was something they didn't realize would happen and it's on the list (large list) of things they need to work on when they tweak Genie+. Because the way it is now, it discourages people from buying it for their entire trip. The last thing they want to do is discourage people spending money, LOL

They'd much rather folks buy it for their whole trip, even though it's not needed at all parks.

The way I've been told is it was something they didn't realize would happen and it's on the list (large list) of things they need to work on when they tweak Genie+. Because the way it is now, it discourages people from buying it for their entire trip. The last thing they want to do is discourage people spending money, LOL

They'd much rather folks buy it for their whole trip, even though it's not needed at all parks.
Oh I agree that they certainly want to encourage spending. LOL. But I do think it might discourage people from purchasing an AP unless they really "need" it. That is the boat that I'm in. I renewed my DVC Gold AP right before they changed the program, but have yet to activate it. I think I'll be grandfathered into the PhotoPass benefit when I activate, but if not then I would argue it wasn't worth it for me. Spent more money for admission and have additional hassle/inconvenience to spend even more money for Genie+ so I can join the rest of my group.

Just back from a trip with the same issues, one passholder with 2 tickets purchased with Genie+. Was not aware enough about calling in for a fix so wound up just getting frustrated every morning on losing time while going through the ridiculous number of screens to purchase it. Lesson learned, will not buy tickets with Genie+ for our last trip in May.

Was hoping the MDE app update released yesterday would address this issue (although it doesn't look like it). Anyone have an update from the ground they can share?

Unfortunately this issue is not app related so it's going to take more than that to fix it.
That's disappointing. I'm sure it is more complicated to fix behind the scenes than it appears, but certainly frustrating for guests.

Is this glitch still an issue? I added 3 days to my trip to Fl in May and am going to purchase a 3 day ticket for my DD and DN.

When is the earliest I can add Genie+ day by day to the regular tickets? I was thinking of adding Genie + to my AP then purchase Genie + for them before 7AM

Is this glitch still an issue? I added 3 days to my trip to Fl in May and am going to purchase a 3 day ticket for my DD and DN.

When is the earliest I can add Genie+ day by day to the regular tickets? I was thinking of adding Genie + to my AP then purchase Genie + for them before 7AM
I believe so
Honestly it’s a non issue in the end since you really don’t want to but tickets with genie added on all days anyway. It’sa waste of money on some days and in some parks
add genie day by day for everyone
Can do it after midnight

So to confirm, someone with a Florida resident AP cannot add Genie+ until the day they want to use it and they can add it after midnight on that day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter