Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Has anyone that's already done this had problems getting FPs? I would assume no, since you'd essentially be able to choose 30 days before anyone else? Am I thinking correctly?
Yes. The only "problem" I had was being 5 minutes off from the exact the time I wanted them. :rotfl:
Which only happened on one day, I believe.

Has anyone that's already done this had problems getting FPs? I would assume no, since you'd essentially be able to choose 30 days before anyone else? Am I thinking correctly?
The two times I’ve done it I had no problems getting the times I wanted, but, oddly enough, like the pp mentioned, occasionally they had to be 5-10 min off. It wasn’t a big deal at all, but it seemed odd to me since only CL people using this program could have booked already. In addition, for the regular FPs they booked for me that were a few min off what I had wanted, I was immediately able to go in and adjust them to the exact time I had wanted. (We typically go straight 9,10,11,etc, so it just irritated the OCD in me to be off by 5-15 min each time if we didn’t have to be, plus 5-10 min each FP adds up after 6 if they are all in a row).

Also, check your account after they are made, the CM who made mine messed up at the AK and booked KS twice instead of KS and KRR, and I didn’t notice for a few weeks. Luckily neither ride is that hard to get and one of them was a regular FP so I was able to just change it myself once I noticed.

Has anyone doubled up on FP+ and CLFP recently? We have a trip coming up in June. I have all my FP+ and CLFP set, but I am hoping June hours will be extended Friday and some additional FP+ will open up. Considering trying for duplicates, but nervous about getting cancelled.

I am interested in knowing this too.

Has anyone doubled up on FP+ and CLFP recently? We have a trip coming up in June. I have all my FP+ and CLFP set, but I am hoping June hours will be extended Friday and some additional FP+ will open up. Considering trying for duplicates, but nervous about getting cancelled.

We did this in November for one of our FPs and our "duplicate" got canceled. When I posted I got a few "oh that's never been reported to happen before" responses, but after my post, I saw a couple of others report the same. :confused3

We did it in January with no problems.

We did this in November for one of our FPs and our "duplicate" got canceled. When I posted I got a few "oh that's never been reported to happen before" responses, but after my post, I saw a couple of others report the same. :confused3
Which one got "cancelled" the CLFP or the one you made? Did it get cancelled the day of or earlier? Did you use it during the grace period (for example, just slightly before or after the FP period)?

Which one got "cancelled" the CLFP or the one you made? Did it get cancelled the day of or earlier? Did you use it during the grace period (for example, just slightly before or after the FP period)?

We tapped in to the CL FP+ one first, then a few hours later went back during our 'window', and it said we already used our FP for that ride.

Can someone help me think this through?

We are all staying at Dolphin for three nights in November and will be purchasing three days of CLFP. But, we are indecisive if the two nights prior will be at DH conference hotel (Coronado) or if I will stay with the kids at Dolphin on my own.

Is it possible for us to be listed on two overlapping reservations until we decide for sure? We would not have a decision made for when we book our CLFPs this August.

Advice?

I haven't done either yet, but this is how I've been thinking about their advantages/ disadvantages. We chose to do one DAH:

The CLFP disadvantages - Your regular 3 FPs can't overlap with the CLFP, which will make each of your CLFP days rather long and scheduled. And the CLFP can't be modified by you - only by the DSS CMs. To me, that makes them unmodifiable (they don't refresh). You can't use refresh if you want to change plans, move them up or move them to later. I have some FPs that were made by CMs that are just like The CLFP and I don't love that they can't be modified. With a CL stay, you may want to spend more time in the resort, but this basically locks you for 6 hours in the parks. I think you would be missing some relaxation resort time.

The CLFP advantages - You don't have tiers and having CL FPs means you are guaranteed to have just a short wait for each CL FP ride, even the most popular rides. With 3 days of CL FPs, that's 9 *additional* rides, non-tiered, and you can use your CLFP among *all* the parks. You can schedule your FPs for times that work for your family (for example, afternoon and early evening), instead of the specific 2.5-3 hour window that DAH is happening. You can schedule them for any day.

The DAH disadvantages - Each park has a separate DAH. If you are doing all the offered DAH, it's going to add up way more than CLFP. DAH is pretty late. For MK, it's 10 pm - 1 am, but it may take a while for day guests to clear out of the queue. This means you may not start seeing short waits until later in the evening for the popular rides. Some have indicated that 7DMT and such will still have 20ish minute waits the entire evening. If you are not a night owl, the evening timing may not work. If you had some light appetizers at 5 pm in the CL lounge, you will likely need a full dinner around 8 pm to make it through, which may need to be factored into the costs. Also, DAH is not every night. You would need to make it work with the day of the week that the DAH is offered.

The DAH advantages - Specific to CL stays, it will allow you to enjoy your CL stay because you won't be tied to FP schedules in the park. It will allow you to ride a bunch of rides with short waits in just a few hours. It includes popcorn, ice cream and soda. The night atmosphere is nice.

In the end, we chose to do one DAH on my DD's actual birthday, as the *special* birthday thing, mostly for the night atmosphere and the chance to do a bunch of rides in a short period of time.
This is a great explanation. Are the CLFP never modifiable on MDE, even day of?

This is a great explanation. Are the CLFP never modifiable on MDE, even day of?
Thank you! CLFP are not modifiable, or cancellable, even during the day they are valid for. You must call if you want to change or cancel them. Which means that if you decide to hop to a different park, etc., it will require calling and they are *not* using the refresh method. So, whatever shows up is what they will grab.

We are all staying at Dolphin for three nights in November and will be purchasing three days of CLFP. But, we are indecisive if the two nights prior will be at DH conference hotel (Coronado) or if I will stay with the kids at Dolphin on my own.

Is it possible for us to be listed on two overlapping reservations until we decide for sure? We would not have a decision made for when we book our CLFPs this August.

Advice?

You may want to make sure the CL FPs are available for stays at Dolphin.

Can you use your 4th FP as a duplicate? If so when?

EPCOT is my favorite park and the reason I would purchase the CLFP. I can get all three tier 1's there in the afternoon after using the regular FP at MK in the morning and then, hopefully, get a 4th FP at at either Frozen or Soarin' that afternoon.

Advice?
I THINK - if you book the Dolphin via Marriott -and don't link it to your MDE account- you'd be okay for now.

I have asked before about overlapping WDW reservations- and told that was a no-no.

BUT - phone CM's are also notorious for giving out incorrect information, too.

When it comes time to book the CLFP, if all your CLFP days are at Coronado, then you might not have to link the Dolphin at 90 days. If some of your CLFP days at the Dolphin though, the CM's need to confirm your Dolphin reservation at that time.

You'd also have to link the Dolphin stay to MDE (at 60days) if you want to book your regular FP at the 60-31 days before your trip.

I THINK - if you book the Dolphin via Marriott -and don't link it to your MDE account- you'd be okay for now.

I have asked before about overlapping WDW reservations- and told that was a no-no.

BUT - phone CM's are also notorious for giving out incorrect information, too.

When it comes time to book the CLFP, if all your CLFP days are at Coronado, then you might not have to link the Dolphin at 90 days. If some of your CLFP days at the Dolphin though, the CM's need to confirm your Dolphin reservation at that time.

You'd also have to link the Dolphin stay to MDE (at 60days) if you want to book your regular FP at the 60-31 days before your trip.
Thanks for your response. My brain kind of hurts. Ha. My dolphin reservation is already linked to MDE and should be the only reservation in there when I book CLFP in August. Hubby said he won’t book his hotel until September. Before I do anything I’ll work with my DSS CM so nothing gets messed up.

Yes. As soon as you enter the line for regular FP#3, search for FP#4 which can be any park, any Tier.
Even if you are still holding a CLFP for the same ride? Or or there no problems with same-day duplicate FP.
I didn't try to change my reserved regular FP to a duplicate because of what happened to @ErinsMommy but if there wasn't a problem with a same-day FP being a duplicate, that'd be great.

Even if you are still holding a CLFP for the same ride? Or or there no problems with same-day duplicate FP.
I didn't try to change my reserved regular FP to a duplicate because of what happened to @ErinsMommy but if there wasn't a problem with a same-day FP being a duplicate, that'd be great.
It has worked wonderfully for CLFP guests. There had been major glitches in March for all regular FP users, but, no one has reported problems now.

When IT books ‘locked FPs’ for guests who are experiencing problems, the guests then book any 3 regular FPs that may duplicate the locked FPs. They never lose any of their ‘locked’ FPs.

CLFPs are also ‘locked’ so behave in the same manner.

When @GADisneyDad14 has time, he can stop by as he follows this thread.

We did Soarin’ twice in a single day with CLFP and 4th FP. No problem.

We also could spread them among parks during a single day.

We enjoyed getting our top picks so easily with CLFP, but using those plus regular FPs made our days very “scheduled” with the constant question of what time is it now. If we do CLFP again, perhaps we will do just one or two days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter