traveling with multiples!!

Hi everyone! I am so glad I found this thread. Here's my info

Name: Melissa
Screen Name: Mommalissa - kids gave me this name for some reason they could say mommalissa but not Melissa
Triplets: Sierra, Austin & Cody (4 yrs)
First Disney Trip will be November 14-21

I am looking forward to reading all of the previous posts.

Oooohh!! A multiples thread! How fun! I am Megan, and I have 4 month old twins. They are SOOO much fun! They were born at 36 weeks, and have different birthdays. Our first trip to WDW will be next May. The twinnies will be 14 months. I also have a 7yo and a 4yo. We are staying at the POR, and I worry that we will be crammed in.. But oh well. My mom will be coming too. Maybe I can shove one of the biggers off with her. :rolleyes1:lmao:

Welcome to all you new moms! I'm probably the OLDEST mom of twins here. My twins are 28 (ID boys), then we have dd's 27 & 26. Now we travel with our grandkids too, when we can! Lots of fun info on this thread...just keep reading when you find the time. Ask anything you want...there are lots of pros here.

ENJOY!:thumbsup2

Yeah! I am so glad this thread got bumped so I could find it!!:cool1:

Twins: Owen & Amanda are 3 (June B-day)
Sibling: Isaiah 9 1/2 (10 in Nov.)
Home: small town Minnesota
I am a SAHM - trying to finish my college degree.

Past trips to WDW:
10/95 DH & I First Time!
2/04 DH & I - DS4 First Time!
4/09 DH, DS9, & I - DS2 & DD2 First Time!

Hoping to finish what we didn't get to see!! Maybe April 2010??? :woohoo:

I can't wait to take some time to read these past 85 pages in this thread!:cool1: When do you find time to read???

I'm nervous as well. We have reservations booked to bring my triplet BBB that will be a little over 3 1/2 in November. I haven't booked my air yet as I'm still trying to talk myself into going. Anyone have good experiences with this age? What should I expect/not expect? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We will be staying at POFQ the week after Thanksgiving.

Please talk me into wanting to go again!!!! :scared: :crazy2: :rolleyes2

We took our just-turned-4 year olds last December. I think my biggest mistake was over planning. I should have known better, but wasn't sure if it would be our only big trip and didn't want to miss anything. I don't think that this was simply a multiple problem, but you know how things grow exponentially when you add another child the same age.

We did have a great time, but maybe shouldn't have done MK all day, MVMCP all night and then CRT breakfast the next morning and think we were going to spend the rest of that day in Epcot.

The rest of that day was spent napping.

This year we are going back for the kids' 5th birthday and my DH thinks this is a good time to let the kids walk and not rent strollers. I predict a bunch of cranky kids crying to be carried.

Glad this thread has been resurrected.

Hi! I'm Cristi. We LOVE disney. We have a 5 year old daughter and 19 month old triplets...all girls. We are looking to go to Disney in June 2010. So, this will be awesome to chat with all of you!

Cristi

I'm nervous as well. We have reservations booked to bring my triplet BBB that will be a little over 3 1/2 in November. I haven't booked my air yet as I'm still trying to talk myself into going. Anyone have good experiences with this age? What should I expect/not expect? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We will be staying at POFQ the week after Thanksgiving.

Please talk me into wanting to go again!!!! :scared: :crazy2: :rolleyes2

OOO question for you! How are you staying at the POFQ...we want to stay there but having 5 I thought we couldn't. Our twins will still be 3 when we get there next year and we will have a 6 year old. Do they still allow it if they are 3?

OOO question for you! How are you staying at the POFQ...we want to stay there but having 5 I thought we couldn't. Our twins will still be 3 when we get there next year and we will have a 6 year old. Do they still allow it if they are 3?

I could be wrong but PO Riverside is the one with trundle beds and you can stay as a family of 5. Unless you have have one under the age of 2, I don't know how POFQ would work???
We have been looking into it too and that's all I could find.
Anyone else have a way to stay at POFQ with a party of 5?

Oooo, I wanna join! I started reading posts on this thread, before I realized it was started 5 years ago! Needless to say, I didn't read them all.

Here's me:

Twins: Avery & Addison (both girls)
Sibling: no siblings
Home: small town Texas
I am happily a stay-at-homer

Past trips to WDW:
We went in Feb. 09 and stayed at Fort Wilderness for our first family trip and it was truly magical! I'm working on DH to make it an annual trip!

I'm not sure if they would just charge you an extra person or not. My parents are going so we had to get ajoining rooms anyway. I would ask though. I know the rooms at POFQ are a pretty good size and you can fit a blow up mattress on the floor.

Good to know on the sleep! Did they sleep later in the morning than they do at home?

We will be at BCV from 10/19-27! Can't wait! How about you guys?
-Janice

I think it depends on how they sleep at home. My girls WANT to go to bed between 5pm and 6pm every night. They'll grab their lovies and walk to the door that leads to their rooms and say "Night night!" I put them in bed and they twin speak for 1.5-2 hours!!! I hear them on the monitor talking, laughing, plotting to take over the world! :) If I get them up, they cry. They WANT to be in there with each other. *SIGH*
Normally they get up early and take an afternoon nap. When we did WDW last April/May, we got up early, hit the parks until lunch, went back to the room and napped and then did dinner and more park. The girls went to bed around the time they normally fall asleep (not talk) so they were fine, but exhausted. :)
We also have a day where we simply rest and don't do any parks. So this trip we'll get there on a Sunday, leave on Friday but only do 3 days in the parks. Last trip we did 5 but we only want MK and Future world in Epcot.
Take it easy and don't push them or you'll pay with cranky, out of control children! :)
Rachel

We are going in June and wondering where would be a good place to stay. We have stayed at the All Star Movies and Sports before, but our triplets will be 2 and our other daughter 6, so that means we have 6 of us, unless they don't count the girls...

Cristi :teacher: DH :teacher: DD (6) :earboy2: 3DD (2) :dance3:

We are going in June and wondering where would be a good place to stay. We have stayed at the All Star Movies and Sports before, but our triplets will be 2 and our other daughter 6, so that means we have 6 of us, unless they don't count the girls...

Cristi :teacher: DH :teacher: DD (6) :earboy2: 3DD (2) :dance3:

We went last April when our twins were still 2 BECAUSE Disney didn't charge for them! :cool1:
2 yr olds and under are not counted in your room numbers, however, I did read somewhere that they only allow 1 person over the room limit, and that person must be 2 or under... if that makes sense. You cannot have 6 people in a room for 4, even if 2 of them are under the age of 2. But check it out cause I'm not positive !! ( I make mistakes!!) :eek:

Good luck!!!

I have triplets that are four - turning five in December. I am trying to get them to be able to go a few days between naps so we are not tied down to napping every day while in the parks - to help keep them going we are taking a double stroller and having the take turns walking.

The problem I run into with them is sometimes - not everytime - when they miss naps they go from playing and having a great time to running a fever and being sick. So after they nap and have a good nights sleep they are fine. Not a virus because everyone doesn't get sick at the same time. They all do get sick from missing naps it just rotates between them - sometimes months in between. :confused3

Have any you experienced this with your multiples? Any advice on decreasing nap time?

We need to get them to go without naps for school as well as this trip. (We are going to Disney in November)

Thanks your help!
Melissa

Fun thread, I just found it!

Twins Andy and Will are 9 months old
No siblings (other than a neglected dog!)
We're in WA near Seattle

Our trip is in October, and I'm SO excited. They'll be just shy of their 1st birthday. We're staying at OKW, and my mom, sister and grandparents as well as my husband's parents are all coming too! I'm not so worried about the WDW part, that's easy. It's the 6 hour flight I'm most nervouse about. And I'm crossing every finger and toe that they aren't walking yet!

Hey, kritter and all the other Parents of Multiples here! Nice to "see" everyone, it's been a while! :goodvibes

miagirl, what about one of the Family Suites at the All Star Music? Or one of the Cabins at FW?

Mommalissa, I have no advice on decreasing nap time. I milked that nap time for as long as I could. ;)

My twins will be 12 soon. Hard to believe how fast the time goes.

I thought this group would appreciate this picture from our last trip. It cracked me up.

P1239529-E2w-1.jpg

I think I may not get any hurry to totally end nap time. My husband finally told me today that he has decided that I can homeschool them. I am so glad that he finally made up his mind.

Anyone homeschool their mutliples have any tips for me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter