Traveling From Epcot to Hollywood Studios

2clssy

Earning My Ears
What’s the faster route to get from Epcot to Hollywood Studios? Which hotel should we travel to and which method of transportation will get us to HS the fastest?

Thanks!

We always walk it, exit through the International Gate in WS. There is also a boat from Epcot, it takes 20 to 30 min. There is also a bus. No reason to go to a resort.

Epcot's front gates:
There are Direct buses between the parks. (15 min. once boarded and underway.)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Epcot's International Gateway:
You can take a Friendship boat (30 min. once boarded and underway.)
-or- walk. (20-25 min.)

DHS-Epcot-IG_012311.jpg

Last edited:

Unclear by what you mean when you say "which hotel should we travel to"

I think OP believes that there is no park to park transportation.
OP you can take a friendship boat from Epcot International Gateway to Hollywood Studios.
Or bus from park to park from front of Epcot Future World
Or walk from park to park from Int'l Gateway.

It should be noted that there is direct transportation between all of the parks. When traveling between 2 parks, you never have to transfer at a hotel.

For Epcot and DHS, the fastest way is to walk. It takes 20 to 30 minutes.

Unclear by what you mean when you say "which hotel should we travel to"

I know the buses don’t go from park to park, so I assumed I’d have to travel to a hotel and then back to HS.

What’s the faster route to get from Epcot to Hollywood Studios? Which hotel should we travel to and which method of transportation will get us to HS the fastest?

Thanks!

Walk :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I wasn’t aware the buses or boats go from park to park. The Friendship Boat sounds like the perfect choice. Thanks again

How far is the walk? We’re traveling with a 3 and 6 year old and my parents who are in their 60s.

.9 mile, under 20 minutes. Along a nice path on Crescent Lake past the Epcot Resorts.

From the same spot in Epcot to the Epcot depot is the same, .9 mile, under 20 minutes. Then you add the wait time and bus ride.

You could catch a boat at the International Gateway and go to DHS. Will save on your feet, but won't be any faster.

I don't know about Epcot to Hollywood, but we took a boat from Hollywood to Epcot and it was a mistake. We thought we would relax and feel the cool breeze as we took the boat ride to Epcot. It was mostly enclosed and very hot and we stopped A LOT! If the route goes direct, that might be worth it. But, next time we will do bus or walk.

I would, and have, taken the boat from HS to Epcot. I love boat rides at Disney. I could walk it, but at my age now I am saving my walking for the parks. The boats do stop a lot...at every resort between the parks, but my speed of walking it is still probably faster to go by boat.

I know the buses don’t go from park to park, so I assumed I’d have to travel to a hotel and then back to HS.

There is Disney transportation from each park to every other park. There is no transportation from Disney Springs to the theme parks. There is transportation from the theme parks to Disney Springs starting at 4PM.

It should be noted that there is direct transportation between all of the parks. When traveling between 2 parks, you never have to transfer at a hotel.

For Epcot and DHS, the fastest way is to walk. It takes 20 to 30 minutes.

Maybe I could do it in 20 - 30 minutes if i had a lion chasing me lol

How far is the walk? We’re traveling with a 3 and 6 year old and my parents who are in their 60s.

A mile in humid 100 degree weather, after a week in the parks walking 7 - 10 miles a day = I take boat back to BWV and sit by a open window to gladly rest my aching feet.

To each their own. Nice to have so many options, including the bus.

Can someone please remind me, in Robo’s excellent (as always!) map above, what are the entrance points for cutting through Boardwalk resort when walking from Epcot IG to DHS and the reverse? I don’t want to walk past the “cut through” entrance when walking either direction and waste any precious steps!!! Thanks!

It was mostly enclosed and very hot and we stopped A LOT! If the route goes direct, that might be worth it

Five stops in each direction; either DHS>S/D>BC/YC>BW>EP, or EP>S/D>BC/YC>S/D>DHS. Anything else would be inefficient and costly.

Can someone please remind me, in Robo’s excellent (as always!) map above, what are the entrance points for cutting through Boardwalk resort when walking from Epcot IG to DHS and the reverse? I don’t want to walk past the “cut through” entrance when walking either direction and waste any precious steps!!! Thanks!

Turn left at the lawn area, cross the lawn diagonally, head toward the steps that go up to the lobby, but don't go up. Along the right side wall there is a tunnel to walk through that will take you to the pool entrance. Turn left on the sidewalk before the pool, follow it around a semi-circle, and you should land on the sidewalk by the water. I just did it last week the opposite direction; took me 25 minutes, and it was hot!

(His map looks like it goes around the right side of the pool instead of the left, but the difference is minimal. I did not actually walk through the pool area, just around it, behind the bar and slide structure.) If you have Google maps you can pull up the satellite image and zoom in on it. There are a lot of dots you can drop the little figure on to have a closer look also. Looks like the tunnel is just past Wyland Galleries.

Last edited:

I'm 61 and walk it every single time we go, sometimes two or three times a day. It takes me about 20 min. when I'm by myself, a little less when I'm with my son because he forgets Mama has short legs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter