Traveling From Epcot to Hollywood Studios

Turn left at the lawn area, cross the lawn diagonally, head toward the steps that go up to the lobby, but don't go up. Along the right side wall there is a tunnel to walk through that will take you to the pool entrance. Turn left on the sidewalk before the pool, follow it around a semi-circle, and you should land on the sidewalk by the water. I just did it last week the opposite direction; took me 25 minutes, and it was hot!

(His map looks like it goes around the right side of the pool instead of the left, but the difference is minimal. I did not actually walk through the pool area, just around it, behind the bar and slide structure.) If you have Google maps you can pull up the satellite image and zoom in on it. There are a lot of dots you can drop the little figure on to have a closer look also. Looks like the tunnel is just past Wyland Galleries.

Thank you!!

I will warn that we have done the walk before and much of it is in the direct sunlight. Even though its not faster, we still prefer the boats to save our legs, sit for a minute, and get out of the sun. Even if its stuffy sometimes.

Depends on where you are at in Epcot. If you are closer to the front, I would go to the front and get a bus. If you are in the World Showcase, I would boat or walk.

Keep in mind that the boats are miserably hot unless you are lucky enough to get an outside seat. I find walking to be much more pleasant.

Did they stop using the A/C on them? Never had an issue personally on them in the past.

If taking the boat from DHS to Epcot, I normally get off at BC/YC and walk to IG and then I am there before the boat gets there since it goes over to BW after. I once even caught the boat at BC/YC from IG after just missing it taking off from IG.

My last stay was at BW a couple of months ago. We used the boat exclusively for going to DHS and Epcot since my cousin was dealing with some pain and my plantar fasciitis had flared up horribly. It did seem a little hotter than normal on some of our trips, but others were still pleasant.

I think it was 4-5 years ago that they stopped running the AC units on the boats. The windows above the forward boarding doors and the push out windows at the front of the boat are the only ventilation. They do get warm.

I think it was 4-5 years ago that they stopped running the AC units on the boats. The windows above the forward boarding doors and the push out windows at the front of the boat are the only ventilation. They do get warm.
They still have AC units and they still run them. But if the boat is too full or it’s a hot afternoon the AC units don’t cool the boat as much as opening the windows and leaving the doors open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!