Travel Agent Question

eagle93

Earning My Ears
Question for all of the Disney Travel agents out there. I am thinking about using a Disney authorized travel agent to help me book my trip for 2021. I would love to go when our kids have school vacation, either February or April. If I use a local travel agent that has several clients all going for the same week (school vacation week). How does that travel agent prioritize whose fast passes or dining gets booked first?

This would probably be based on who booked first. However you can also get around this by talking with your travel agent and making a plan for what fastpasses and dining you would like to prioritize. If you are concerned about your own plans taking priority you can log in and book them yourself. Using a travel agent is so so helpful, but it doesn't mean you can't make plans through MDE on your own.

I agree with PP. If you're concerned, do your own FP+ bookings and dining arrangements.

I'm not a TA, but my honest answer...I'd prioritize as follows....
1. Me, if I was going during that time frame.
2. Repeat customers.
3. Customers with the largest monetary reservation.
4. Order that guests booked their trip.

Also, will your TA work outside of office hours to make your FP+ and dining? The "window" opens quite early for traditional business hours.

Agree with the others- you always have the option to book your own dining and FP. I always advise that my clients know how to book both (and I help walk them through this if needed) because they may need to make changes while at the park. If you’re concerned about not being the top priority (because honestly as you realize everyone cannot be) you can always log in and book. Personally I do work outside normal office hours, and I know planners who get up at 3am Pacific time, but I agree that not all TAs do so. Don’t be afraid to ask any TA you hire these questions! And if they hesitate to answer, find another TA!

Question for all of the Disney Travel agents out there. I am thinking about using a Disney authorized travel agent to help me book my trip for 2021. I would love to go when our kids have school vacation, either February or April. If I use a local travel agent that has several clients all going for the same week (school vacation week). How does that travel agent prioritize whose fast passes or dining gets booked first?
It depends on the agent and even if you ask there is no way to know if they’re telling the truth. If there is something you desperately want book if yourself. I would still support a local business by booking through the TA since prices are the same as Disney- but just know that doesn’t mean you have to use them to book all (or any) ADRs and FPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter