Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

Due to all of the positive comments, we chose to book Tony Hinds for our upcoming split stay. We normally use DME but we are going to go to Universal for a couple of days at the beginning of our trip. Tony was quick to respond to my emails and we look forward to meeting him soon.

Due to all of the positive comments, we chose to book Tony Hinds for our upcoming split stay. We normally use DME but we are going to go to Universal for a couple of days at the beginning of our trip. Tony was quick to respond to my emails and we look forward to meeting him soon.

After reading what everyone has said on here I just booked Tony for my friends and I to take us from the airport to universal...He was very quick to respond to my email and he's a great price! :cool1:

I just want to add that I used the service of Tony Hindes for our trip. He was wonderful to work with and as everyone said, responded quickly to e-mails. He is a sweet man and I felt my family was safe with him driving. I highly recommend his service. His price is more than fair and he was right on time.:thumbsup2

We just returned from our trip to Universal from WDW and used Tony as well, and we were very pleased with his quick and efficient service. He responds to emails very quickly and he arrived early to pick us up both times. He made the transfer from VWL to HRR painless.

You won't be disappointed Mac. Tony is a great guy.

i have read so many outstanding praises about tony, i figured he would be great.

i have not read one negative thing about the man.

i'm looking forward in meeting him.

How early do you contact Tony to schedule? We are going in January and didn't know how far in advance to email him.

If we request a grocery stop on our way from the airport to Universal will this offened any of his other riders?

Thanks for the information in this post.

How early do you contact Tony to schedule? We are going in January and didn't know how far in advance to email him.

If we request a grocery stop on our way from the airport to Universal will this offened any of his other riders?

Thanks for the information in this post.

We booked with him months in advance. I would contact him if I were you.

Tony provides private transfers so you won't have other riders in the car.

Our flight was delayed and we didn't get in until very late. Since publix was closed, he took us to 7-11 instead. Very nice guy!

Is there a shuttle to and from the Universal Resorts? Or do you just use taxi service? Do you remember how much taxi service was when you used it? TIA

We use Florida tours which we book right from here...Its $120 RT
and a tip

We have tried all the ways in the past and it is IMO the best. The drivers are friendly and dont drive crazy like some of the taxis do. also depending on your family size it costs pretty much the same to ride in a nice town car as it does to go in a van shuttle that makes other stops which is what you get from Mears most of the time.
We have used this company for the past 4 trips and have had no problems at all

Based on the recommendations here, we booked with Tony. I contacted him about a month before our vacation, September 27-30, for a roundtrip between MCO and HRH. He was waiting for us at the airport when we arrived and he was right on time to take us back. We felt very safe and comfortable with Tony.

I would use him again and will gladly pass on his information to anyone I know who is visiting Orlando.

Yup! Booked Tony Hinds last night for our trip to HRH in April 2014! Never too early to make transport arrangements he said! Thanks for the post and tips :)

First time planner here...still trying to get over the fact that Universal offers NO shuttle to any of their hotels. :confused3

So after reading thru this sticky, I was planning on using Tony Hinds based on feedback. However, my DH (who isn't a "boards" kind of guy) is a bit freaked/nervous about using a private person instead of an actual company.

So I'm going to either need assistance in how to convince him to use Tony or find an actual company to drive our family of 4 from MCO to RPR.

Suggestions? tia!

First time planner here...still trying to get over the fact that Universal offers NO shuttle to any of their hotels. :confused3

So after reading thru this sticky, I was planning on using Tony Hinds based on feedback. However, my DH (who isn't a "boards" kind of guy) is a bit freaked/nervous about using a private person instead of an actual company.

So I'm going to either need assistance in how to convince him to use Tony or find an actual company to drive our family of 4 from MCO to RPR.

Suggestions? tia!

I do consider Tony a company....a small one vs. a large corporation.
Did you ever hire a contractor that was an independent type instead of a large company? Joe the plumber vs. roto rooter, for instance.

We prefer to support "the little guy".

You could also just get a taxi at the airport or another car service.

In the end you must do whatever is comfortable for you.

I was happy with Tony and will continue to recommend him to others.

adding: you don't pay him until you get there....if that is a concern.

Suggestions? tia!

There are plenty of van cabs at the airport. Just hop in one of them if you are concerned about using Tony.

Remember that there are only 3 hotels at Universal compared to the 30 or so at WDW. Having a bus running between Universal and the airport wouldn't really work with the small number of people arriving to the airport destined to the Universal hotels. Perhaps once they get a few more hotels up.

Suggestions? tia!

I would say the best way to convince your husband is to show him all the recommendations that Tony has received here on the Disboards. I know that we used him and were highly pleased. He went way beyond what was to be expected, very prompt -- in fact, early and provided the highest in customer service. It was raining upon one of our transports with him, and he held the umbrella for us and insisted on getting all our luggage himself and bringing it to us while we stood under cover. Plus the fact, that his prices are very reasonable.

I will definitely use him again!

We plan to just grab a taxi from the hotel to the airport on our departure day. What time do you think we should plan to leave for a 3:15 pm flight? It's just the two of us and I'm not planning to check bags.

Just wondering if we'll have time to grab lunch at City Walk. :woohoo:

We plan to just grab a taxi from the hotel to the airport on our departure day. What time do you think we should plan to leave for a 3:15 pm flight? It's just the two of us and I'm not planning to check bags.

Just wondering if we'll have time to grab lunch at City Walk. :woohoo:

if you stay onsite, there are cars that will charge $50 from the hotel to the airport.
taxis will cost less.

it is about a 20 minute drive from UO to MCO.

i give myself 2.5 hours between hotel to airport.

it took me 20 minutes to check into the airline, checking a bag.

when i left on wednesday, the TSA line at 2:58 took 25 minutes.

that screening time will vary for everyone.
could be that tsa were taking their time as the gov't shut down was still in process. (meaning no pay checks were being issued and peeps still working)

if you have printed out your boarding pass in advance, and no checked bags, you'll be by passing the airline counter.

i would think you could do a lunch at city walk when they open and not have a time issue for catching your plane.

if you are not going on a weekend, my guess would be at the 2 hour mark for leaving the hotel.

my flight time changed again when i was at the airport and had a long wait until evening before i got out.
only glitch in my trip....

Suggestions? tia!

I just got back on the 21st and my friends and I used Tony Hinds (acutally we didn't get Tony but one of his drivers Ron)....he was the BEST...was there waiting for us at the airport...accomodated us for last minute reservations when we decided to go to Epcot one day....let us change reservations last minute...stopped at Publix on the way from the airport to the hotel....and was VERY reasonably priced....I would use them again in a heartbeat...

we liked the convinience of having it be just us and direct transportation...we weren't going from place to place dropping people off....

I would HIGHLY recommend Tony Hinds.....:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter