Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

kkproulx

DIS Veteran
Is there a shuttle to and from the Universal Resorts? Or do you just use taxi service? Do you remember how much taxi service was when you used it? TIA

There is no free shuttle. You can use taxi which is about $100 (tip included) return or a car service which is about the same. You can also take the Mears shuttle but it will stop at other hotels along the way.

We used a local service company also for $90 round trip with grocery stop. I remember taking one of those Universal surveys quite a while back and there were several questions about if Universal provided transportation like Disney. I guess they decided to not do it.

if you book a package, you can add on transportation.

this is from the website once you start the booking process:

Airport Transfers View all airport transfers

Once your flight arrives you still have to get to your hotel and back to the airport at the end of your trip. Beat the cab line and take advantage of the time and money savings of an airport transfer.

Best Value! R/T Meet & Greet Transfer - Orlando Int'l Airport

Number of Passengers and Price Per Person
# Adult (18-up)$36.00
# Junior (12-17)$36.00
# Child (4-11)$26.00

View all airport transfers to see all ground transportation options including town cars and limousines.

Ground TransportationView all Ground Transportation

R/T Shuttle - Orlando Int'l Airport
From $30.00

R/T Meet & Greet Transfer - Orlando Int'l Airport
From $36.00
Travel ProtectionView all Travel Protection

does anyone have the towncar or car service company info/name they used for airport transfer & grocery stop. thanks.

we used Payless Transportation. had a free grocery stop and seemed to be the cheapest price

Has anyone had an experience with quick_silver Tours & Transportation? I reserved one of their town cars to take the three of us from MCO to the Royal Pacific.

Has anyone had an experience with quick_silver Tours & Transportation? I reserved one of their town cars to take the three of us from MCO to the Royal Pacific.

I'd love to get info on this also....I guess we will only need transportation from MCO to Royal Pacific. We will rent a car for our return, as we are headed to St. Pete and then coming back to go to Disney! Thanks for the great information!

many years back, that was the company i used when i added transportation to my universal stay. it was included in the universal packages once upon a time.

that was the one time i did book a UO package, w/transportation .

i liked them.
no issues, no problems.

universal though no longer uses quick silver transportation company.

I have an Alamo car rental reservation that looks cheaper than using a taxi....

Thur to Mon is $62 including tax. Too bad the $15/night for parking at HRH is about the same as the rental amount, for the 4 nights we will be there.

Hmm, not sure, drive or taxi? We leave tomorrow afternoon, so I better decide soon.

I am interested in this thread, too. We have always rented a car when visiting Universal, but this time we are taking my daughter's two friends and will be a party of 6, so we would have to rent a minivan. The prices for that right now are astronomical! I am wondering if it would make more sense to take a service from and to the airport. Just dont know which ones fit 6 people. Any info. would be appreciated! Thanks!

i found this old thread and see it has mention of the transportation i used on here from universal "the meet and greet" service with prices .. this is what we purchasses has anyone used this? how much did you tip per bag or per cost of trip thanks so much i really need to have the correct amount ready for them thank you

I am interested in this thread, too. We have always rented a car when visiting Universal, but this time we are taking my daughter's two friends and will be a party of 6, so we would have to rent a minivan. The prices for that right now are astronomical! I am wondering if it would make more sense to take a service from and to the airport. Just dont know which ones fit 6 people. Any info. would be appreciated! Thanks!

We used Ed Korgan back in 2010. I got his name from the DIS. He was great!!! He had a very large SUV that sit 8 people. Back then, he charged $90 round trip, including a grocery store stop. I no longer have his email address, but I do have his phone number still. You can PM me if you want it. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post his phone number on this thread.

You can also do a search on the DIS for him. There were lots of positive comments about him.

HTH

**** I now see this was an old thread. I'll leave my post as this may help someone else. Oh, and I think dh tipped $20 each way.

We used the Mears Shuttle to get to/from the airport. They only stopped at the Hard Rock Hotel besides ours.

To get to Discovery Cove the hotel has a town car that is there by the entrance. It cost slightly more than a taxi but we didn't have to wait to call it. They will give you their card and when you are ready to leave you call them and they pick you up. For Sea World we just took a taxi back since there were many there waiting as you left.

We use Tiffany Towncar all the time..Never had an issue or a bad experience.

When was the last time you used them? We used them in March and everything was fine. I booked them again for our trip in 2 weeks and called today to confirm. Seems they are down to 2 town cars and sold their vans. UGH! I have been so happy with them. So now their farming out our transportation to another company. I may just look for someone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts