Transportation from the airport

Mike9865

Earning My Ears
We are heading down for a week starting Sept 4th. Our last trip was for Christmas when the Magiv Express was still operating. What's the best solution available now? Should I book car service? Uber? Is the 3rd part bus option any good?

I've done both private car service and Lyft, it really depends on how many people, if you have kids needing car seats, and what your price point is. If it's just me and one other person, I use Lyft, more than that I prefer a car service.

I will be arriving at MCO Friday, September 9th at 8:30. I have been going back and forth on Mears or Lyft for 2 adults. Would Lyft have higer pricing on a Friday night? Heading to SSR.

I will be arriving at MCO Friday, September 9th at 8:30. I have been going back and forth on Mears or Lyft for 2 adults. Would Lyft have higer pricing on a Friday night? Heading to SSR.
You never know if there will be the congestion pricing, or what ever they call it, but what you can always do is price out a Lyft trip right now. Then on the next couple Fridays price it out again around the time you would be using it. I wouldn't price it out on the Friday of Labor Day weekend though.

Recently used the Mears private service to go from MCO to Universal, to Universal to WDW, and from WDW to MCO. We were a group of 12 and were staying at different hotels at both Universal and WDW. Group size for the transport bookings ranged from 4 to 8. Had no issues. Drivers were always early, friendly and efficient. They helped with luggage at the carousel and of course did all of the loading and unloading. Cost was between $53 and $109 per ride (not per person).

So when you price it out is Uber, Lyft, and Mears all a pp price or is the price per trip? We will only have 2 people with only carry-0n luggage.

So when you price it out is Uber, Lyft, and Mears all a pp price or is the price per trip? We will only have 2 people with only carry-0n luggage.
Uber and Lyft are per ride. Mears Connect, their shared shuttle service, is per person. Mears Global (their private service) is per ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter