Transportation at OKW

Noemie

Earning My Ears
I just booked a 13-nights stay at OKW in October 2018 with my brother and his family. Does anyone know the route busses take within the resort?
My nephew has high functioning autism and ADHD, so we'd like to be last to get on and first to get off if possible. Any ideas which building would be best?

Thanks for your help.

It's been a few years so since I stayed there things may have changed, but most likely not. Unfortunately the last stop going out is not the first stop coming back but it's not that bad. The bus comes in and passes by the Hospitality House and makes it's first stop near building 26 on Peninsular Rd and then drives through the rest of the resort making more stops (South Point Rd , Old Turtle Pond Rd, and Millers Rd) and then finally the Hospitality House is the last stop before they leave the resort. So I would say your best bet is to try for a room in building's 11-16 or 62-64.

We were in building 11 so we would get on the the Hospitality House and would be the last ones on the bus. When returning we would get off at the first stop near building 26 and walk back as it was much quicker then staying on the bus.

Hope that helps

OKWMap.gif

Thanks for your answer, it's really helpful! Seems like buildings 23-26 would be a good fit for us as my nephew has more difficulties when he's tired. Being the first to get off in the evening would be great.

That's a good call. I am not sure how the check in request go at OKW now but from memory 20-29 and 11-16 and 62 and 63 are/were in the Hospitality House grouping, not sure if they let you request certain buildings though. According to Google Maps it's only a 4 min walk and 2/10 of a mile to the Hospitality House bus stop from the Peninsular Rd bus stop so they are pretty close. So even if you could not get the 20's it's a quick and close walk to the other buildings from the Peninsular Rd bus stop when returning.

We stayed at OKW back in 13 when friends of ours gave us some of their DVC points they were unable to use and loved it. We have now fallen in Love with the cabins at Fort Wilderness and next month will be staying for our 3rd time since 2014 but would not hesitate to stay at OKW again.

are the buses really full if you wait until getting on at the Hospitality house?

We never had an issue and my wife was had an ECV that trip. For that trip we were there during the month of April and did not see anyone turned away from what I can remember.

I also have a son that is Autistic
And I stayed at peninsula bus stop it was really a great location first one off and we walk to the hospitality house to get on no crowds there ever we went end if August and I must say this is my favorite location now you can request that location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter