Transport to DL

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the Best Western Pavilion on Katella. Looks like we can walk and go through by the parking garage or the hotel suggests the ART bus to take to main gate.

Anyone with experience staying on that side? What is the best option?

Walk east (right) to the stoplight. Turn north (left). Cross the street, pass Paradise Pier, turn west (left) at the light. Follow the parking lot sidewalk as it turns back north (right). You'll see the security entrance. Then go right after security to find the parks. Easy peasy walk, almost all on Disney property. Maybe 20 minutes.

Currently here and extremely disappointed in ART
At least 4 times we have had to walk to Disneyland as the bus drove right by us or didn't come at all after 30 minutes.

Esdy to get back to the hotel but a disaster the other way!

We are staying at the residence Inn so not at all remote.

It's easy to cross Katella at Walnut and walk through the Simba lot, which is primarily for CM's but sometimes is commandeered as overflow for Downtown Disney. Anyway, Simba access is designed only for cars, but I walk through there fairly often when I'm hiking from home in Anaheim. The access is on Katella just east of Walnut - walk through the gate then turn right to a pedestrian walkway, then north through Simba then east between the DLH south town and the Paradise Pier Hotel. You'll get to the same security gate mentioned by lalasmama, but without the backtracking. As mentioned by bardays, ART might be the best option at the end of the day when you're tired of walking. Make sure you take the correct ART route number!

Currently here and extremely disappointed in ART
At least 4 times we have had to walk to Disneyland as the bus drove right by us or didn't come at all after 30 minutes.

Esdy to get back to the hotel but a disaster the other way!

We are staying at the residence Inn so not at all remote.

I agree with you. I've taken public transportation all over the world, but could never get ART to make any sense (to be fair I didn't put a ton of effort into figuring it out since it wasn't a long walk to/from the Sheraton). We only ended up riding ART twice in four days there. It ultimately cost me a lot of money because that experience was a big reason that I bought DVC points at VGC. :badpc:

We've only stayed at Stovall's, but know the area. Agree with above poster if you can walk through the Simba lot as suggested that would seem to be a shorter, more direct route than your having to walk down Katella (adjacent to the Simba lot) and up Disneyland Drive to enter DTD the way we would if staying at Stovall's. I try to tell myself that even if I have to Uber/Lyft sometimes we are still $$$ ahead than staying at most places on Harbor, but honestly we have yet to do that and have never tried ART, although I like that the stop is right there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter