Transporation from John Wayne airport to Disney area hotel?

Cin

DIS Veteran
Hi, I am taking my first trip to Disneyland and as a single traveler what is the best and most economical way to get from the airport to my hotel in the Disneyland area? And return trip back to airport? Thanks!

SuperShuttle has worked really well for me when traveling alone. A quick search on their website shows $11 for a round trip (without looking for a discount or factoring in a tip).

I personally like Karmel Shuttle over all the other options I've tried (Super Shuttle, the Express bus run by Grayline, and cab).

I was considering using Uber if I end up going soon (which I am strongly considering). I used the Disney bus once (I had booked a "Good Neighbor" hotel; not such a good idea really, at least, where we stayed wasn't), and it was included in my stay, but not very expedient.

The shuttles are so inexpensive at the airport, ($11.00 from the airport to your hotel) and there are always several lined up and ready to go. You don't even need to make a reservation, just show up and they'll put you on the first one with an empty seat.

Going back to the airport is always more expensive. We usually grab a taxi voucher at the Grand or the Disneyland hotel. You can do this even if you aren't staying on site. It's a $35 flat fee back to the airport with the voucher. It will be more if you call a cab on your own. You can arrange for a shuttle to pick you up, but they always arrive sooooo early, sometimes 3 hours before your flight.

Thanks you so much for the help! It is greatly appreciated. 9 more days until Disneyland!!!

We always use supershuttle (me & DD) I tried kernel shuttle once but won't do it again as I personally had a bad experience. Shupershuttle is safe imo & I never have to wait. There is a coupon here: http://visitanaheim.org/coupons

I usually go the same route as @Disneyluvr2. I hate being tied to the shuttle schedules on the way back to the airport and want to maximize my time in the parks, so I usually just hop in a cab about an hour and a half before my departure. Works great!
That said, I have recently found some great rates on rental cars. If your hotel includes parking then that's a great option as well. Seriously, when we went in June we stayed at Hojos (free parking) and our rental car was only $60 for 4 days!!

I second the rental car possibility. We also recently got a car for $56 total for 4 days. Next trip cheapest was $120, so it is not always the best option, but I just keep checking rates.

Thank you All for your replies and helpful information! I really appreciate it.

I've used Prime Time Shuttle and Super Shuttle. I liked both of them, and the pricing and service was pretty comparable.

Going back to the airport is always more expensive. We usually grab a taxi voucher at the Grand or the Disneyland hotel. You can do this even if you aren't staying on site. It's a $35 flat fee back to the airport with the voucher. It will be more if you call a cab on your own. You can arrange for a shuttle to pick you up, but they always arrive sooooo early, sometimes 3 hours before your flight.

I rarely fly, and don't think I've ever used a cab in the US, so my questions may be dumb... We have a similar situation as the OP. We're flying into SNA and trying to find the best transportation to/from Candy Cane Inn. Cheapest rental car I've found so far is over $130 for four days. If I get a return taxi voucher from the Grand, do I still have to call the cab company and schedule it on my own? Would I just tell them I have a voucher? Or do we have to leave from the Grand to use it? Do you tip on top of the $35? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter