Transpacific cruises now open to book

Again to reiterate, if you are interested in a cruise BOOK ANYTHING. That guarantees a certain price level and you won’t be affected by the price increases that will inevitably come. At anytime prior to final payment you can go into your reservation and modify your stateroom if you see a cabin that is more to your liking. You will be at the price level of the original reservation. I did this very thing this morning. I started out on deck one and then snagged a secret verandah on deck seven.

My cabin on the Syd-Hnl has gone up about $800-900 since this morning.

Again to reiterate, if you are interested in a cruise BOOK ANYTHING. That guarantees a certain price level and you won’t be affected by the price increases that will inevitably come. At anytime prior to final payment you can go into your reservation and modify your stateroom if you see a cabin that is more to your liking. You will be at the price level of the original reservation. I did this very thing this morning. I started out on deck one and then snagged a secret verandah on deck seven.

My cabin on the Syd-Hnl has gone up about $800-900 since this morning.
That's not true. If you change you room, then you will pay the prevailing rate, as if you had just booked it. Disney changed this many months ago.

Ok that’s enough you all can stop booking now leave something for us lowly silvers 🤣
I have no hope do I 🤦‍♀️😞
You never know! The last Hawaiian cruises also pretty much sold out on platinum day, but then there was availability later as people canceled. If you can't find anything on Wednesday, then check again on Thursday when the 3-day holds from today expire, then again on Friday when tomorrow's holds expire, and so on. And then keep checking until the cruise departs!

Thank you for the clarification regarding the room pricing after modifying to a new category. It’s been 5 years since I cruised and things have changed. That’s really unfortunate. That was a really nice perk.

Our travel agent booked us on Sydney to Honolulu this AM around 7:35am-- we were texting at 7:30am for a concierge room but it sold out, so we went with Deluxe Family Veranda (4A). Mid-ship, slightly more toward the aft. She said that we are next on the waitlist but we will see once the 3-day holds release and then again as time drags on and people's plans may change. Didn't think things would sell so through so quickly!

My TA said this was going to be popular and it appears she was on the money. It looks like the ocean view rooms are now more that the Navigator's Veranda that was quoted in the release notice. Now I'm wondering if we should just try a different cruise line for this itinerary. We can't book until Wednesday.

I looked into other cruise lines for the transpacific itineraries. I couldn’t find anything else that leaves in February. FYI most leave in April.

Don't worry if you couldn't book, just keep checking and once the 3-day holds drop and the cancellations come through, there will be loads of spaces appearing.

Stupid me set the alarm for 5:45 am and then realized these open at 8am local time, NOT midnight... didn't cruises usually open at midnight? or am I confusing this with when port adventures / activities open.

Our TA got us a veranda deluxe family stateroom on deck 7 this morning for Honolulu to Sydney. She forwarded me the confirmation email from Disney which came thru at 9 50 am. We will go to aulani a few days ahead and then tour New Zealand for at least a week on the other end after a night or two in Sydney. It’s going to be so great!

Did anyone book just Vancouver Hawaii and did you get the actual port times in your confirmation. I cannot seem to find any port times anywhere. Just curious how long in each port thx!
Of course this can and most likely will change.. seems like my last 2 cruises had so many changes.

That's not true. If you change you room, then you will pay the prevailing rate, as if you had just booked it. Disney changed this many months ago.

This is no longer true. If you change stateroom categories you will be charged the prevailing rate at the time of the change.

Oops, @Kwami types faster than me 😉
Hi - does this also apply if you want to change cabins within the same category? Trying to clarify as your responses are slightly different. One says if you change rooms and the other says change categories. Thanks for the help!

For any Silver cruisers tracking the opening times online, today the website allowed me (Gold) to book at 7:30am Eastern time exactly. I booked the Honolulu to Sydney cruise and even got to pick a good veranda room, so I am happy! Good luck!

does this also apply if you want to change cabins within the same category?
The rule changed back in the spring - March maybe. Definitely category changes result in a new fare. I think reports have been somewhat iffy as to whether the fare changes if you select a different stateroom in the same category. Good luck!

didn't cruises usually open at midnight? or am I confusing this with when port adventures / activities open
Online booking has opened at various times over the years, usually with nothing promised earlier than 8am Eastern Time. But reality has shown sometimes it's been open online as early as 2am, 5am, 7am...

So I booked both Hawaiis, not sure which one and HNL to SYD.
I am honestly thinking if the transpacific makes sense for us.
1. We fly in from Germany so just getting to HNL is two days and almost 20 hours. and getting back home is 22 min back and two days ( need to do an overnight between legs).
2. I wonder if such an itinerary makes more sense that includes Asia to Australia at least that way part of the flying is covered. It just seems a lot of out of the way flying to do this one.

WWYD?

We did the VAn to HNL this year and loved it.. Kinda wierd maybe doing the same again. but we loved it and have the planning down in my head.

Hi - does this also apply if you want to change cabins within the same category? Trying to clarify as your responses are slightly different. One says if you change rooms and the other says change categories. Thanks for the help!
For the DVC cruise on the Wish, that was in July, we were able to change from just a veranda to a HA veranda in same category without additional charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter