• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transfer to Costco

I called DCL & added prepayment of gratuities, but didn't pay for them during the call. Then I transferred the cruise to Costco. You could also just switch to a higher category stateroom without paying for the increase, transfer to Costco, and then switch back to the prior category. That way no DCL call would be needed, but you would have to call Costco to later to change to stateroom category back to what you really want. You should only do that if you aren't set on a specific stateroom, though.
We are on the FLR GTY so the upgrade isn't possible. What does the prepayment of gratuities cover just so I know? Thanks for the help

We are on the FLR GTY so the upgrade isn't possible. What does the prepayment of gratuities cover just so I know? Thanks for the help
You call DCL and ask to have prepaid gratuities added to your reservation. Just decline to pay for it during the call (you won't be required to have it paid for until the PIF date).

Each guest is expected to pay a certain amount of gratuities for your stateroom host, dining room server, assistant dining room server, etc. There is a set cost per day that DCL charges each guest, and they will bill your onboard account for it if you don't prepay or have the amount changed at Guest Services (it is discretionary). I don't like having to pay for gratuities at the end of my cruise, as it's just another bill. I prefer prepaying.

You call DCL and ask to have prepaid gratuities added to your reservation. Just decline to pay for it during the call (you won't be required to have it paid for until the PIF date).

Each guest is expected to pay a certain amount of gratuities for your stateroom host, dining room server, assistant dining room server, etc. There is a set cost per day that DCL charges each guest, and they will bill your onboard account for it if you don't prepay or have the amount changed at Guest Services (it is discretionary). I don't like having to pay for gratuities at the end of my cruise, as it's just another bill. I prefer prepaying.
That's what I figured. Perfect. I'll call and do that. Thank you.

What is it that you CAN NOT do yourself (via Disney's website) if/once you transfer your reservation to Costco?
I'm assuming change staterooms.
What about booking excursions?
Booking childcare in the nursery (for under age 3 child)?
Anything I'm not thinking of?

You cannot change staterooms or occupants via DCL once transferred. That's about it. Except cancelling. But why would you do that? :-)

You can only book excursions once PIF, so Costco is out of the mix at that point. Childcare I don't know about, although I'd assume that would be via DCL again, once PIF.

One more minor point: if you pay using your Costco credit card, you will get 3% cash back (in addition to the Costco gift card).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter