Transfer to Costco

lundve

DIS Veteran
Just booked myself this morning. Can I do transfer to Costco after the deposit is paid? If so, how?

As an aside does anyone know if the deposit is subject to the 0% Disney card financing offer they used to have.

Sorry have not cruised in a while so I don’t know the answers anymore

On the Disney Visa financing, yes, the deposit is subject to the 0% financing program. It will show up in a special section on your Visa bill with the financing period/due date.

Just booked myself this morning. Can I do transfer to Costco after the deposit is paid? If so, how?

As an aside does anyone know if the deposit is subject to the 0% Disney card financing offer they used to have.

Yes, you can transfer the reservation after the deposit has been made. It just needs to be transferred within 30 days and it can't be paid in full.

And yes, the deposit does receive the 0% Disney Visa financing offer.

Call Costco. They'll send you a transfer form and take care of it for you.

just curious about what the advantage is to transfer the reservation to Costco?
Significant cashback. I paid around $6100 USD for my room and will get back $665CAD once we've sailed. Next year, I'll get 2% on the commissionable amount, so another $112CAD for the executive membership perk.

Does anyone know if I can pay down a significant (but less than full) portion of the cruise fare using AMEX (that Costco doesn't accept) with Disney and then transfer over the reservation? Anyone tried something like this before?

Sure, you can transfer to Costco as long as you aren't paid in full and it's within 30 days of the original booking date. Once you fill out the form, they call Disney and get the balance and transfer the reservation to Costco.

Don't recommend trying to call today though - you'll be in for a long wait! Although Costco Travel does have an auto-callback queue, something I'd love to see DCL offer someday!

Does anyone know if I can pay down a significant (but less than full) portion of the cruise fare using AMEX (that Costco doesn't accept) with Disney and then transfer over the reservation? Anyone tried something like this before?

Since payment goes directly to DCL, I believe you can use any payment method that Disney accepts -- which includes AMEX and Disney gift cards. No need to get the payments all in before transferring.

Enjoy your cruise!

So I have a few questions and I'm sorry if they've been answered somewhere else. Search function never seems to bring me the answers.

1. If I transfer my reservation to Costco, will I still be able to pay down the balance to Costco with my Disney gift cards?
2. Will I still book all of my excursions and Palo brunch through the DCL website?
3. Will I still be able to pick my PAT on the DCL website?

I think that's it, lol.

Thanks!

So I have a few questions and I'm sorry if they've been answered somewhere else. Search function never seems to bring me the answers.

1. If I transfer my reservation to Costco, will I still be able to pay down the balance to Costco with my Disney gift cards?
2. Will I still book all of my excursions and Palo brunch through the DCL website?
3. Will I still be able to pick my PAT on the DCL website?

I think that's it, lol.

Thanks!
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes

Since payment goes directly to DCL, I believe you can use any payment method that Disney accepts -- which includes AMEX and Disney gift cards. No need to get the payments all in before transferring.

Enjoy your cruise!

Only Visa/MC

Yes, you can do that.

It might be worth your time (OP) to call Costco before you do this and run it by them. I'm sure it would work out fine, but they might have some fine print, arbitrary amount you have to pay to them - 10% or something - that you'd need to know about.

Sounds nit-picky, but if you read other cruise line blogs, you'll find screwy stuff like that. Better safe than sorry.

However, at the end of the day, you still win. You have a paid off or mostly paid off Disney Cruise!

Yes. It doesn't matter how much you've paid Disney, as long as you aren't paid in full. You could pay everything but $1 and you'd be fine. I actually was paid in full early, then decided to transfer to Costco, so I added gratuities to be no longer paid in full, and then I was able to do the transfer. Well over 95% of our cruise costs were already paid at the time of transfer.

Costco doesn't care how you initially paid Disney. Remember, Costco is a big winner in this transfer. They get money from Disney without having to do much work, since you've already booked the ressie yourself. They aren't picky. It's actually Disney who has to approve the transfer, and they aren't picky either as they're rolling in dough and want to keep a good relationship with Costco, & when people book via Costco it reduces their staffing needs. As long as you're under 30 days from initial booking, and not paid in full, you'll be fine.

Last edited:
It might be worth your time (OP) to call Costco before you do this and run it by them. I'm sure it would work out fine, but they might have some fine print, arbitrary amount you have to pay to them - 10% or something - that you'd need to know about.

Sounds nit-picky, but if you read other cruise line blogs, you'll find screwy stuff like that. Better safe than sorry.

However, at the end of the day, you still win. You have a paid off or mostly paid off Disney Cruise!

Transferring a booking to Costco travel costs no money and yields the full benefit as though they had booked through Costco in the first place.

Yes. It doesn't matter how much you've paid Disney, as long as you aren't paid in full. You could pay everything but $1 and you'd be fine. I actually was paid in full early, then decided to transfer to Costco, so I added gratuities to be no longer paid in full, and then I was able to do the transfer. Well over 95% of our cruise costs were already paid at the time of transfer.

Costco doesn't care how you initially paid Disney. Remember, Costco is a big winner in this transfer. They get money from Disney without having to do much work, since you've already booked the ressie yourself. They aren't picky. It's actually Disney who has to approve the transfer, and they aren't picky either as they're rolling in dough and want to keep a good relationship with Costco, & when people book via Costco it reduces their staffing needs. As long as you're under 30 days from initial booking, and not paid in full, you'll be fine.
Thanks - I'm thinking of going down this route. What happens if you cancel your cruise (within the refund deadline) after the transfer? I assume that a part of the reason for the transfer is for Disney to offload all subsequent payment processing to Costco. Would Costco raise an issue with refunding on the AMEX (which could mean, at all)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter