TR | Tent Camping (21 days)

Tina,

I'm glad you enjoyed my report!

We brought our oldest and her friend the first year we stayed in the Cabins and that was for 1 week. She was newly 16 and had a blast! Both my oldest and her friend went off and did their own thing for a few hours of the day and then we would all meet back up together. She is taking both HS & college courses plus had competition cheer, so it wasn't feasible for her to come this trip and she just stayed with my parents while we were away and got spoiled rotten for 3 weeks.

Why not get a second tent for you DD and let her bring a friend along?

You could also play the parent/child card and tell her majority rules, your going, pack your bag...lol! Kidding but not kidding.

Thank you so much for all the work you put into your report. I really hope you are feeling better after your fall. Be sure to take it easy on your ankles for a while. Once you injure something, it seems so easy to re-injure yourself.

DS9, DH, and I would really like to tent at FW but my DD(almost 14) is refusing to camp. I'm showing her your pictures. She loves to organize things and this is right up her alley.

I must be missing something, or my computer is messed up :badpc: , I looked through all the threads for the past week and a half, but I thought that you posted some pics from around the Fort, a couple of RV's and a golf cart? Maybe I was mistaken. :confused3

Great trip report!! After reading this, I'm considering tent camping one day at The Fort as well! I really enjoyed all the pictures you shared. Your kiddos are adorable.

Heather

Fantastic trip report!! We are tent campers and I also like to keep our tents super organized. Thank you for the pics inside, I will definitely use some of your ideas.

Thank you for a great TR! Your set up is great! I love the plastic drawers. We are getting ready to book our first trip to the Fort for next summer. We will be in a travel trailer as we cannot tent camp anymore due to our sons medical issues but we love to tent camp! Great photo's and I am glad they found your phone!

your tent set-up reminded me of our tent days - but yours is much better! The children are precious! Keep the pictures coming - can't wait to see more!!

Aww, they were only trying to make music with your food containers! I wonder if I'm the only one who thought of Trashing the Camp?

I'm doing some 'light' research about FW and your trip report and a video of the 1500 loop are all I've seen so far and both talk about marauding squirrels that are harassing campers. I would have preferred Disney keep the peacocks and done something about squirrels if they are a problem!

I'm enjoying your trip report from last year. Fort Wilderness and the 1500 Loop were our favorite hideaways from reality and we tent-camped and are (were, all are in or have graduated college now) home-schoolers. One of our favorite perks was to go against the crowds and visit in October and January.

Still on Day 8 | Thursday

Back to the Fort around 1ish and MK was getting packed!

When we arrived back at the Fort our son was sneaking chocolate out of the tent and trying to blaim a squirrel for eating it all and ransacking the kitchen tent. Hubby is yelling at him to get out of the kitchen tent and stay away from the candy and little Daniel is just yelling, "guys get in here, a squirrel has been here" over and over. We didn't believe him. Finally, I went into the tent and sure enough a squirrel got in. Little bleep ate my TENT!

And trashed it! Bleeper!

I loved your trip report. We are set to be at the Fort December 15th. We also tent camp and your pictures gave me some great ideas. We are former homeschoolers. Our boys are in college now. I enjoyed those homeschooling days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter