TR | Tent Camping (21 days)

Day 19 | Monday

Our last day at the Fort so lets make it a great one!

We messed around the site and grilled out while the kids played with what now is our 4th round of neighbors. Grace has become buddy buddy with the little girl down in 1501 and they are now BFF pen pals. How cute!!!

So I'm drinking coffee and trying to figure out how to never leave. Pondering what that lady does for a living in the 400 loop that has managed to stay here for 6.5 years now.

I could do it, I could live in a tent. I mean we have for the past three weeks without a hitch :)

Alright so we are now on day 19 and we live in tents at Disney cause that is what our kids are now telling other kids they meet, "We live over on 1509, Why don't you come down tomorrow..." Hey, I like it. I like the sound of that kids!!!

We can no longer drive the golf cart and park it up at the cart parking at the Meadows. We get to the opening just around the curve where the pool is now visible on the left hand side and there is music thumping and kids dancing and Grace & Daniel literally leap from the cart and holler " oh yes, this is my jam" and run to join in on the pool games. It doesn't matter what song is playing, every song, every song is their jam and it is funny! After about the second leap from the running cart, I have learned to slow way down and let them exit.

Two hops now y'all, criss cross. Take it back... To the left...

Screen shot 2015-02-06 at 4.48.04 PM.png

We finally make the fireworks and electrical night parade!

Last edited:
This is the trip report ive been waiting for! I am addicted to Tent camping and have always wanted to tent at Disney. I tent camp at multiple NASCAR tracks and most recently tented in Homestead FL in November. I am SO SO PUMPED to try a disney tenting. this is the best TR ever, thank you!!

Day 20 | Tuesday

We pack up and head for home :(

It was a great time, the best time. We are full circle campers at the Fort now. Cabins, RV and now two tents. I like the tents, lot of work, but it was the best trip so far and we made some really great family memories and met some new friends along the way.

Screen shot 2015-02-06 at 5.04.39 PM.png Screen shot 2015-02-06 at 3.38.31 PM.png Screen shot 2015-02-06 at 5.04.24 PM.png

d.jpg

fw.jpg

fw-3.jpg

fw-7.jpg

43.JPG

hdf.JPG

Bye - Bye Fort Wilderness, see you again next year!

Last edited:

Coco Beach at Sunrise. So peaceful and we were the only ones there. Just the way I like things :) Somethings in life are worth getting up at 4am to make at this was most certainly one of those moments.

We stopped in at the Denny's for a late breakfast early lunch and had a bit of a sticker stock going on once the bill came :) A pleasant one.

We got back around 1pm and took our first nap of the trip. Rain came in just as we were settling down and it was the most perfect sound to hear!

Cocoa Beach, Maybe I should have read your other post a little better. There is a little restaurant that we go to at least 3 times when we are there, It's not cheap but the food is great. We use to live in Melbourne so it is kinda like our old stompin ground.

I am loving the TR and all the great pics. Keep up the good work.

Really nice, sounds like you and your family had a great trip. Hope you are healing up well from your tumble.

it was like a mix between Poltergeist and Twister.

That is what Tiggerdad said when he came down to see me and get his coffee. Really hoping for 1500 on next trip.

TE to go for dinner (this is the third time we have had TE to go and it has been wrong

We had the GAG on our first night there last year, didn't think about looking at the order, got back to camp and DW said they forgot the mashed and gravy. I was to tired to go back and the mac n cheese was and everything else that came with it was plenty.

Wow....great report! I have to say you did pretty good at keeping it on the happy/positive vibe that you wanted. However, I must admit I would be intrigued to see a report about this:
I left out most of our "incidents" cause I want a happy Trip Report not a "Oh my, she is crazy, report"...hahahaha!

As it also sounds like it could be quite entertaining from the way you teased about yourself and the "file"...lol.

Well, glad you had a great trip and are recovering well. Will it be tents again next time?

Wow Melissa, you packed a lot of stories in today.

Sorry to hear about your ankles and rude people.

Sorry the squirrels got in and messed up the tent.

Funny about the kids owning the pool song jam time. Sounds like you might have two future Cast Members on your hands.

Funny about how the kids feel like they "live" at 1509.

You and DH were good to go back a second day to AK.

i am curious what was bad about the TE lunch. I have to admit i have never had the menu lunch there just the buffet breakfasts and dinners.

Great job on the TR.

Bama Ed

WHY are these people buying tiny houses for silly amounts of money? Just buy a tent, or a travel trailer or an RV. Crazy!

Our friends stopped to see our new hybrid camper when we first bought it last fall. Their daughter and son in law had just bought a new tiny home. They said the camper was bigger than their whole house! I think that HGTV actually paid for theirs as they used it in the show. I can't imagine 2 adults and 2 dogs living like that forever.

Great trip report and beautiful pictures. Thanks for taking the time to write it, and if you ever want to pass along some of your crazy stories that warranted a file on you I'm sure we would all get a few laughs :)

Agreed... great TR.

I hate to admit it but I typically read very few TR and simply peruse the pictures.. but i read yours, i couldn't stop.. very well written!
THANKS for the taking the time to write it all down and posts pictures!

I'm not sure what is so hard about getting side dishes wrong but my order was wrong 75% of the time. I was also disappointed in the CMs working there, no one seemed to care if they were doing their job right or not. NICK on the other hand was a very nice pleasant TE CM the rest not so much :(

Disney is slacking no doubt about it and in more areas than just their service.

But we did go back several times for TE to go. I know it is called GAG but I like TE to go :) Even though they kept getting our order wrong, it was still really good and huge portions and a great price!

Funny, I must have been recalling your earlier trip report. Spot on accurate Poltergeist & Twister!

That is what Tiggerdad said when he came down to see me and get his coffee. Really hoping for 1500 on next trip.

We had the GAG on our first night there last year, didn't think about looking at the order, got back to camp and DW said they forgot the mashed and gravy. I was to tired to go back and the mac n cheese was and everything else that came with it was plenty.

Last edited:
Yes we will do tents again next year. We start building our new house here in a few months and tents will be the only thing we can afford to for 2016!

Another time my DIS friends, another time!

I will say that my file started on our first trip three years ago, last year's trip the file got a little thicker and this year's trip....well.....lets just say I now have my own file cabinet...

Wow....great report! I have to say you did pretty good at keeping it on the happy/positive vibe that you wanted. However, I must admit I would be intrigued to see a report about this:

As it also sounds like it could be quite entertaining from the way you teased about yourself and the "file"...lol.

Well, glad you had a great trip and are recovering well. Will it be tents again next time?

Our friends stopped to see our new hybrid camper when we first bought it last fall. Their daughter and son in law had just bought a new tiny home. They said the camper was bigger than their whole house! I think that HGTV actually paid for theirs as they used it in the show. I can't imagine 2 adults and 2 dogs living like that forever.

Great trip report and beautiful pictures. Thanks for taking the time to write it, and if you ever want to pass along some of your crazy stories that warranted a file on you I'm sure we would all get a few laughs :)

Last edited:
I think why it was such a disappointment was breakfast, dinner and to go are so good. Daniel and I each had a sandwich with fries and the kids split a chicken n waffles adult meal, everyone had water and our bill was still $60 plus. The food was not very good at all and cold and just blah. The kids didn't even eat their meal. We did have a sticky bun sundae and that did add to the bill but that too was blah.

We can get twice the amount of food (and it is better) at half the cost from the to go menu.

Seems odd to have such a mix...

Wow Melissa, you packed a lot of stories in today.

Sorry to hear about your ankles and rude people.

Sorry the squirrels got in and messed up the tent.

Funny about the kids owning the pool song jam time. Sounds like you might have two future Cast Members on your hands.

Funny about how the kids feel like they "live" at 1509.

You and DH were good to go back a second day to AK.

i am curious what was bad about the TE lunch. I have to admit i have never had the menu lunch there just the buffet breakfasts and dinners.

Great job on the TR.

Bama Ed

Melissa, I can't begin to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your trip report. Your writing style makes your trip report seem like we were right there with you. Thanks for taking the time to write your report and for letting us "tag along" with you.

Thank you so much for all the work you put into your report. I really hope you are feeling better after your fall. Be sure to take it easy on your ankles for a while. Once you injure something, it seems so easy to re-injure yourself.

DS9, DH, and I would really like to tent at FW but my DD(almost 14) is refusing to camp. I'm showing her your pictures. She loves to organize things and this is right up her alley.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter