Tony Hinds

Our driver didn’t text this morning and went to the wrong hotel but was only 5 mins late picking us up and we still got to the airport on time. Overall the communication was chaotic and they don’t seem as organized as they used to be. They took days to respond to non-urgent emails but Tony called me within a minute of me texting to say that we hadn’t heard from our driver this morning. The ride was fine, same new-ish van, same driver who was friendly but not talkative. He greeted us and apologized for the hotel mixup but didn’t chat the whole way. We determined the pick up time for the return trip which worked out fine - they didn’t even ask for a flight number. I might pad it in the future in case of a mixup.

They’re $100 cheaper than other car services round trip to Uni and my husband won’t do Uber or Lyft so I would use them again. If they were the same price as other car services, I’d go with someone who was better at the communication/organization piece. But for $100 I’m willing to wait a few days on non-urgent emails/texts.
That's interesting about the flight number. When I used TH back in April, he emailed me a google form that had all that info. It was so well organized!

That's interesting about the flight number. When I used TH back in April, he emailed me a google form that had all that info. It was so well organized!
Yep. Previous years he wanted the flight number and one time he called because he was worried that we might run into traffic and wanted to move up the time. The current form doesn’t ask for flight number. I don’t know if he turned over the day to day operations someone else?

Update for our return trip. I texted our driver Bob yesterday to move up our arrival time as we had a 10:15 appointment for the reserve security fast lane (was super quick and free, check it out at mco.whyline.com ). He called me this morning to confirm he was on his way and texted once he arrived, which was right on time. Overall we had great experience using Tony Hinds and won’t hesitate to use him again.

Last edited:
We used Tony a few times. In Aug there was a mix up at arrival. We found out Tony was on vacation and Art with Standard Transportation who was dispatching for him took care of us. Noel arrived within 10 mins and was our ride back to the airport.

Fast forward to last week. Sent email to Tony, got the Riland response and invoice. Called Tony about a change and Riland answers. He was not as professional as Tony. Riland picked us up in a nice van. He was nice enough but no conversation. Appears Tony may be transitioning to retirement with Riland taking over? Bob was our driver on the way home and we really liked him. But with the lack of communication and professionalism from Riland we will probably use Art O'Neill with Standard Transportation in the future.

We landed at 8am Saturday. No idea who the driver was, wasn’t one of Tony’s regular drivers. Didn’t talk at all. And our return he’s picking us up 2.5 hours before flight where Tony was always 2 hours.
And the price went up $40 round trip.

How much is a round trip now?

I texted "Tony". Around a week later I heard back from someone else. Presumably Ryland. He directed me to the website. Filled out the form. Didn't get a confirmation, so I texted again. He called me and seemed amused that anyone would want a confirmation. He looked me up and said I was fine and he would send a confirmation. Much later I got another text "confirming" my trip with no details. No dates. No prices. My name mispelled. Did not inspire confidence. I am thinking I need to make other arrangements.

I booked with Tony back in September for our first week of November trip. I emailed him back a week before the trip to confirm flight times, and received a response back that he has "joined forces with another company and is available (on the previously mentioned website to book) get pricing and make reservations" for the future.

Ryland picked us up from the airport. I had received a text message stating to call after we received our bags. Things were confusing at pickup though - especially when you say you're in a black SUV and they are ALL black SUV's.

Return trip to the airport Ryland texted two days before stating he will pick us up two hours prior our flight. Tony actually called me the later that day and we changed it to three hours before because it was a holiday weekend and a Saturday. I was told Ryland would pick us up still. The next day (day before) another gentleman named Bob called to reconfirm departure time, what vehicle he will pick us up in the next day because Saturday was getting busy for departures. Saturday we were picked up by Juste (I know I'm spelling this wrong) with no advance notice.

I had no issues other than the return trip communication.

Last edited:
Saturday we were picked up by Juste (I know I'm spelling this wrong) with no advance notice.
LOL. Actually that's how it he spelled it in a text stating he would be our driver. I thought it was a typo.

Then I got communication (phone call I think) from Ryland that he would be driving us. It was all very confusing.

I just reached out to Tony for a ride in 2 weeks. Got a quick reply with a quote and referred me to the website mentioned. My quote was $180 for 5 people for the week before Christmas.

I had a feeling Tony had retired/sold the business. But I'm willing to give his partners a try. I can understand the need to bring on more people and the increased likelihood of communications problems since I'm sure business is crazy with the end of Magic Express.

Glad to hear the reviews that everyone got the transportation they needed.

I just reached out to Tony for a ride in 2 weeks. Got a quick reply with a quote and referred me to the website mentioned. My quote was $180 for 5 people for the week before Christmas.

I had a feeling Tony had retired/sold the business. But I'm willing to give his partners a try. I can understand the need to bring on more people and the increased likelihood of communications problems since I'm sure business is crazy with the end of Magic Express.

Glad to hear the reviews that everyone got the transportation they needed.
Sorry to bother you.... Just wondering if you could let me know how the ride with Tony Hinds company went? I emailed him and received an automated reply to go to a new website Good Ride Express. I am hesitant to use them.

Anyone else have any current experience using Tony Hinds / Good Ride Express? Preferably since late November through present. (I used him mid November and got Ryland as the driver. Not sure I want to go that route again.)

I emailed Tony and he emailed back after about a week. He told me to register at the website. I did that and did not receive any confirmation. Our pick up date is Feb 10 and I got an email Dec 14 asking me to pay for the trip. I sent an email asking Tony a question about the pick up service a couple of weeks ago and he never responded. I have received additional automated reminders to pay for the ride. I called the number on his website and left a message that we wanted to cancel pick up. Never heard anything back. Someone on the boards mentioned a newer service called Gear Fusion. I went to their site and got a phone number. I texted the owner and he texted back promptly. Explained his service and told me to book on website. He picks up outside of baggage (does not come in) but it is $60 one way for an SUV ($65 with a carseat). Todd (the owner) has been very responsive and we can pay after we get picked up. Seemed very fair to me so I am going to use him in February.

I had a quick trip at the end of December and booked with Tony. Riland picked us up at the airport on time and the ride was quick and pleasant. Coming home, I texted to confirm pickup a few hours prior, and Riland called back to confirm. A few minutes before pickup, Tony called and said he was sending a yellow cab (van) for us. I don't know what happened to Riland, but the cab fare was covered, and our driver was very nice. The driver said he had been getting a lot of calls that day (it was NYE) so he figured a lot of regular drivers may have been off for the holiday. I'd still book with Tony, but as it appears that he is transitioning into retirement, I will probably explore other options as well. I'll miss Tony though - we've booked with him for over 5 years now.

I think Tony is transitioning to retirement. Was great to see him in November and he went above and beyond for us to get us to the grocery store but based on conversation I think he is getting ready to move on.. I didnt ask him straight out. Bob also alluded to it on our ride back to airport.

We just got back from Universal. We used "Tony Hinds" but also communicated with Riland Cenatus. Then someone named "Juste" called and texted us before our flight to MCO and said he would be our driver. I'm not sure who he was. We were picked up outside and he just said "the white van." I think it was Riland. ???? He barely spoke to us. I'm just glad we got to the hotel alive.

I had emailed with Tony prior to our trip. Or at least they signed the emails Tony. Then Riland started replying to the emails. No more Tony.

I also got phone calls to confirm right after I had email discussions confirming our trip. It was all very confusing.

They also had the wrong date. They said the previous Sunday's date as our return to MCO date and I was like "That was last week!" He was like "No, that's next week." He kept using a date from a week ago. Then realized I was right.

Nothing like our past experiences with them. I'm not sure we would use them again.
The comment about getting to the hotel alive - was he a bad driver? Or did you mean because you dd not know who he was? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter