Tony’s at Magic Kingdom

Allears.net reviews over the past 2 years average 6.6 out of 10. Looking through recent views there are plenty of people rating Tony's 7-10 and several rating it 2-3. Obviously a large spread with people either loving it or hating it but then, I see that with many of Disney restaurants. Food wise nothing I've tried anywhere in WDW wow's me but themed dining is what sets Disney apart from elsewhere.

It was the way the marinara sauce tasted. Very acidic and just gross. Even in my chicken parm, it was awful. I tried the meatball in my DS dish and i really didnt want to swallow it. It was that bad. The flavour in combination with the sauce was terrible. There's no other way to explain it.

It sounds like your still curious to try it. I encourage you to go and have a meal there. Who knows, you might like it.
I said that I already had the spaghetti there and I thought the sauce tasted normal. Dh had the chicken parm and he liked his too. I guess everyone has a different experience.

It's one of the more polarizing restaurants I've seen while researching Disney dining. We're booked for the parade package in June and will order whatever looks good. Too much noise on either side to confidently avoid the red sauce or order this or that.

If you do go with young kids, make sure you ask a CM there for Lady and the Tramp's autographs. They'll take your autograph book (or bring a slip of paper if you don't have a book) in the back and return it with little paw prints. Kids will love it.

We ate at Tony's this past January, and my daughter and I were pleased with our meals. I had the scampi, and she had the ravioli (creamy tomato pesto sauce - not marinara). Our entrees were delicious. My husband chose to ignore my warning to avoid the marinara and ordered the sampler plate. He did not love his meal and uncharacteristically didn't finish it. Not only did he not enjoy the marinara dishes, but he also thought the alfredo was not very good. He learned his lesson. He's willing to visit there again because he tasted our meals and now knows that some of the menu items are very good even though some are not. We all had dessert (cheesecake and chocolate cake) and agreed that they were some of the better desserts we had that week. Our service was excellent. Both our hostess and our server were wonderful. We loved the Lady and the Tramp theme and thought the restaurant was adorable.

I do remember being surprised at how busy it was while we were there. I thought the bad reviews would keep the numbers down, but apparently not. We chose to go as a last resort because our usual pick had a menu change that negatively impacted our vegetarian daughter, but Tony's ended up being a good experience for 2 out of 3 of us.

My daughter and I are visiting WDW again this December, and Tony's is now a must-do for us. I am just trying to decide if we want dinner or a parade package.

I said that I already had the spaghetti there and I thought the sauce tasted normal. Dh had the chicken parm and he liked his too. I guess everyone has a different experience.
Ooops! your right, you mentioned you've been there and that you liked your meal there. Glad you liked it. Different strokes I guess.

Sounds like a pretty polarizing place to some extent, but all of the the info helps quite a bit. The part about the paw prints for Lady & the Tramp's autographs is a nice touch and really good information for us (have 3 & 7 year old daughters).

We are a family who avoided based on reviews and gave it shot last year and we had very good meals all of us. And I like the atmosphere.

Tony's will always have some repeat customers.......but as for high crowds? Well sure...because everyday people who have never visited the Magic Kingdom will seek it out due to its prime location.
For every 500 people who won't eat there again there's probably 5000 who are new and intrigued.

Even if the food tasted like dog food people will still flock there because it's beautiful and their curious. And yes some are repeat happy customers. I'd go again as a guest with someone but I would order a salad and bring my camera.:D

Not even close to being on my radar yet if the locale and food makes you happy it's all good.

Tony's will get a lot of bad reviews on here. I had lunch and dinner there, and it was "just okay." I know people trash it all the time, but honestly it's not that terrible. The food is edible, but it just isn't what you'd expect from a Disney restaurant, especially in the MK. I would do your own research before jumping to conclusions as so many people on this board do. Also, sorry there is no castle view from there.

I would never rate olive garden as poorly as Tony's. I like olive garden, and I couldnt stand the food at tony's.

And I HATE the Olive Garden and would never go back there, but I really like Tony's and have never had a bad experience there.

These are all opinions and none of them are wrong. I encourage the OP to try it for herself to make her own opinion.

No view of the castle. Good view of parades if seated outside. Food is NOT considered worst. We've had decent food and excellent service every time. It gets mixed reviews but so do many other restaurants. Many of others favorites have been our worst experiences.

WE like Tony's too. If anyone asked what our worst meals were we would say 'Ohana and Le Cellier. Both are on our never return list.

My son had that dish...which I tasted....and it was horrible. My advice to anyone eating there is to stay away from anything with marinara sauce. As i said, this review nails it.

I am dying because my DH says this about every Italian restaurants red sauce. He orders and then hates it, and insists it is canned. He likes my sauce....made in my Irish kitchen and as far from authentic sauce as you can get! LOL!!! No matter how high end the restaurant is and how good the sauce is, he will not like it, declare they served him canned sauce, and i think it is because he just likes mine.
LOL!!!
I would never rate olive garden as poorly as Tony's. I like olive garden, and I couldnt stand the food at tony's.

My son in law loves to dine out, but works nights, so if we all go to dinner my daughter will order him a meal to have when he gets home. But not at Olive Garden. He won't eat a thing from that place, so we only go when he is working.

These are all opinions and none of them are wrong. I encourage the OP to try it for herself to make her own opinion.
Totally agree! Try it out for yourself. You might like it!

WE like Tony's too. If anyone asked what our worst meals were we would say 'Ohana and Le Cellier. Both are on our never return list.
This is actually me too! I wouldn't say "worst meals" (I save that title for Tony's lol) but ohana and le cellier were NOT good at all. I wont be going back for a while.

I am dying because my DH says this about every Italian restaurants red sauce. He orders and then hates it, and insists it is canned. He likes my sauce....made in my Irish kitchen and as far from authentic sauce as you can get! LOL!!! No matter how high end the restaurant is and how good the sauce is, he will not like it, declare they served him canned sauce, and i think it is because he just likes mine.
LOL!!!
:lmao: this really made me laugh. He's convinced every place he goes to serves him canned sauce. :rotfl2: He's probably right you know.

My son in law loves to dine out, but works nights, so if we all go to dinner my daughter will order him a meal to have when he gets home. But not at Olive Garden. He won't eat a thing from that place, so we only go when he is working.
@buzzrelly @Nancyg56 to be fair, im from Canada and we dont have olive garden here anymore. Ive only been to Olive Garden twice in my life in the US. And this was many moons ago. :teeth: The meals i've had there were decent at the time. But again that was so long ago. I was young and stupid. :lmao:

Totally agree! Try it out for yourself. You might like it!

This is actually me too! I wouldn't say "worst meals" (I save that title for Tony's lol) but ohana and le cellier were NOT good at all. I wont be going back for a while.

:lmao: this really made me laugh. He's convinced every place he goes to serves him canned sauce. :rotfl2: He's probably right you know.

@buzzrelly @Nancyg56 to be fair, im from Canada and we dont have olive garden here anymore. Ive only been to Olive Garden twice in my life in the US. And this was many moons ago. :teeth: The meals i've had there were decent at the time. But again that was so long ago. I was young and stupid. :lmao:

LOL! He really is convinced, and it's hysterical. I have actually asked him to order anything that does not have sauce because he just does not like it. We have a favorite Italian restaurant that we go to and the food is outstanding, however he has learned to order the steak, which he proclaims to be the best he has ever had. (It really is awesome, and is better than Del Friscos in NYC, IMO, and a fraction of the cost) I am kind of flattered that he likes mine the best, because I wing it with sauce, and just toss in whatever I have onhand. He will often take a little bowl and just eat that.

LOL! He really is convinced, and it's hysterical. I have actually asked him to order anything that does not have sauce because he just does not like it. We have a favorite Italian restaurant that we go to and the food is outstanding, however he has learned to order the steak, which he proclaims to be the best he has ever had. (It really is awesome, and is better than Del Friscos in NYC, IMO, and a fraction of the cost) I am kind of flattered that he likes mine the best, because I wing it with sauce, and just toss in whatever I have onhand. He will often take a little bowl and just eat that.
:lmao: That is pretty funny. At least he finally learned to give up on red sauce in restaurants. :rotfl: You gotta tell me what you put in your sauce! Do you buy strained tomatoes, then add olive oil, garlic, onions, etc???

We've always had great food and service at Ohana's. I found that many people didn't realize they could tell the server how they like their meats cooked and were complaining they were too done or too rare. We just tell them at the start what we like and thats what we get every time. We have not been to Le Cellier since it became a signature. Back then the steaks were excellent.

We've always had great food and service at Ohana's. I found that many people didn't realize they could tell the server how they like their meats cooked and were complaining they were too done or too rare. We just tell them at the start what we like and thats what we get every time. We have not been to Le Cellier since it became a signature. Back then the steaks were excellent.

We have been going to 'Ohana for over ten years, but the last visit was horrific. I can handle food that is not perfect, but the rest of that adventure was not okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter