Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge - any recent experiences/app question

When I was on my tour this weekend, our guide said the VIP tour people kind of took it and could now use it for a place to take guests and do meet and greets and just get out of the crowds for a bit. We didn’t do it but she said they just started that the day before so I don’t know if they’re still offering it.
Hope not. Have reservations for New Year's Eve.

Can anyone who has done this confirm if all tables have a decent view of the fireworks? Can you see any of the projections from the display? TIA.

Can anyone who has done this confirm if all tables have a decent view of the fireworks? Can you see any of the projections from the display? TIA.
Good question, would also love to see photos of the area and fireworks view.

When I did it, the fireworks were cancelled, but the CM did tell us that we would not see any of the projections if there were fireworks.

We did this in the second week of December. The fireworks were cancelled (which we were expecting) so can't comment on that. View wise there are better spots (fine but not great) although you won't be able to see any of the castle graphics. It's the angle of the deck, not the seating that will impact viewing most.I think if you go with low expectations you will be fine. It's a nice place to rest and recharge. The dessert box is ok, much like those offered elsewhere (WOC dessert etc) Very sweet. Tea coffee and soda are freely available. Minnie appeared for a short visit. There are some Connect 4 games and one large jenga set. Also some light sabres if you really have to...(it's not a big space....)

In essence, Disney do the bare minimum for this. It could be excellent - add in a couple of other characters,(earlier reports had Minnie and mickey, so there's a cost saving straightaway.....). offer food options (eg a cheese board or a dessert box), add some more seating and get a rest room (you need to leave the lounge area and go back into Tomorrowland if you need one). It's possible to watch fireworks in DW from a seated area with similar service, but it is a lot better than the DL version. Also you need to pay when you arrive, which seems pointless. Our party arrived in two batches and my husband had to go down to pay for the second group as they arrived.

It all looks and feels very temporary and improvised. We were happy enough, having read the mediocre reviews, so didn't expect much, but hopefully they will use this as a trial and improve it. Perhaps they could get also creative and come up with some kind of offer when the fireworks are cancelled... like a 10% discount on a return booking or on a Disney purchase or a FP or a lounge pin or something similar. In other words there is a opportunity for some magic, and they have not taken it.

Thinking about doing this in a few weeks. Will be sure to report back if we do.

Wondering if anything has changed from all the feedback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter