Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge - any recent experiences/app question

casagray

Kinda New to this!
Hi -

I've booked the skyline lounge experience on a Sunday night, and am now wondering if I should cancel it, based on the reviews I can find. However ... I don't seem to see a newer review... If you've been more recently, can you tell us your experience? My daughter still has problems with getting overheated and tired easily, and I thought having a quiet place to sit and watch the fireworks (if they are go) and have a snack would be worth it - especially as it looks like we can come and go as we want over a few hours.

Also, while I see all my other reservations and tickets on the app, I don't see my reservation for this; is it because it's not "dining" and not really a ticket? Should I be worried?

Thanks!

I wouldn't be worried about the reservation. But you know fireworks aren't guaranteed, right. If they cancel you still pay. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's still probably a reprieve from the crowds.

We did it a few weeks ago, @casagray.

It was fun for us, we enjoyed the experience although there was a lot of interesting attitudes and jockeying for table/seating space. There was a snafu with check-in, we were directed away from the Lounge check-in to another area because they though we needed MaxPass help. So we circled back around, which was annoying. You are led to a seating area and there were several parties that were unhappy with what they were assigned. We were watching some of the tail-end of Fantasmic (from a distance, just the lower fireworks really) when a gentleman chose to literally stand directly in front of where I was seated at the table. I am very vertically challenged and even with the elevated bar table seating, I couldn't see over this man. I huffed slightly, which caught the attention of the couple seated next to us. The gentleman in that party snapped at the guy and he moved. It was very bemusing, from my standpoint.

The desserts were super sweet and we didn't finish them, but the cheese was yummy. It was a quiet, subdued experience as two adults - there were several groups of children that were livelier, but everyone else was sort of snacking and taking advantage of the charging/games offered.

My reservation appeared as a dining reservation on the app, for what it's worth.

We did it a few weeks ago, @casagray.

It was fun for us, we enjoyed the experience although there was a lot of interesting attitudes and jockeying for table/seating space. There was a snafu with check-in, we were directed away from the Lounge check-in to another area because they though we needed MaxPass help. So we circled back around, which was annoying. You are led to a seating area and there were several parties that were unhappy with what they were assigned. We were watching some of the tail-end of Fantasmic (from a distance, just the lower fireworks really) when a gentleman chose to literally stand directly in front of where I was seated at the table. I am very vertically challenged and even with the elevated bar table seating, I couldn't see over this man. I huffed slightly, which caught the attention of the couple seated next to us. The gentleman in that party snapped at the guy and he moved. It was very bemusing, from my standpoint.

The desserts were super sweet and we didn't finish them, but the cheese was yummy. It was a quiet, subdued experience as two adults - there were several groups of children that were livelier, but everyone else was sort of snacking and taking advantage of the charging/games offered.

My reservation appeared as a dining reservation on the app, for what it's worth.
What kind of games were offered? We were thinking of doing this. You're supposed to pay for 3 yo's. Is it completely unethical to bring 3 yo in without paying? Disabled. Can't eat the food provided. We'll also have a 2 yo.

What kind of games were offered? We were thinking of doing this. You're supposed to pay for 3 yo's. Is it completely unethical to bring 3 yo in without paying? Disabled. Can't eat the food provided. We'll also have a 2 yo.
I leave ethics to those wiser than I ;) Practically:
If your 3 yo child is asked how old they are will they answer? Imho if they can/might answer pay for them. Don't want to be that parent caught having their children lie at Disneyland!

(Although worst parenting fail goes to my last trip where a child had a backpack on and was being measured for Matterhorn and the parent grabbed the top of the backpack while pretending to pat the kids back and stretched/lifted the kid to make the height- but they also grabbed the kids shirt practically choking the poor boy. Yeah it didn't really work. Diplomatic CM had the kid remove the backpack and he was definitely too short.)

Thanks everyone! I think we'll keep the reservation.

Hmmm... I need to figure out why it's not showing up!
My WOC dessert party reservation doesn't show in the app either. If you want a double confirmation on it call Disney Dining and write down the confirmation number in your phone. That's what I'm gonna do! Speaking of I kinda need to go do that...

You're supposed to pay for 3 yo's. Is it completely unethical to bring 3 yo in without paying? Disabled. Can't eat the food provided. We'll also have a 2 yo.

Unfortunately, yes it is, but I would explain the circumstances and see if the Cast Member gives you a pass. I hope it works out well for you.

I leave ethics to those wiser than I ;) Practically:
If your 3 yo child is asked how old they are will they answer? Imho if they can/might answer pay for them. Don't want to be that parent caught having their children lie at Disneyland!

(Although worst parenting fail goes to my last trip where a child had a backpack on and was being measured for Matterhorn and the parent grabbed the top of the backpack while pretending to pat the kids back and stretched/lifted the kid to make the height- but they also grabbed the kids shirt practically choking the poor boy. Yeah it didn't really work. Diplomatic CM had the kid remove the backpack and he was definitely too short.)
Hahahha! Poor strangled kid.

No mine talks but doesn't know age. It's probably a better idea to explain to cm.

We did this at the end of July and it was fantastic! The seating is comfortable and the desserts were great (according to my family - I don't care for sweets, but the cheese was excellent!). We really enjoyed playing the games and it was nice to be able to charge our phones while relaxing. The cm's were a lot of fun and getting to spend time and take pictures with Mickey and Minnie without waiting in a long line was awesome! The fireworks were cancelled but honestly, it was not a big deal - we were able to take some amazing photos and listen to the band playing on the Tomorrowland stage. As we were leaving, the cm's invited us to stock up on the left over canned beverages and water bottles!! It was a fantastic time and we will definitely be doing this again! :)

Last edited:
We also did it in july and enjoyed the experience. We were the first in line for check in... and first to be seated in a lounge. We had 3 adults and 2 kids (4 and 6) Kids played connect 4 and jenga in our area. CMs gave the kids light sabres to play with. Everyone loved the desserts.

What kinds of games are available?
We did this at the end of July and it was fantastic! The seating is comfortable and the desserts were great (according to my family - I don't care for sweets, but the cheese was excellent!). We really enjoyed playing the games and it was nice to be able to charge our phones while relaxing. The cm's were a lot of fun and getting to spend time and take pictures with Mickey and Minnie without waiting in a long line was awesome! The fireworks were cancelled but honestly, it was not a big deal - we were able to take some amazing photos and listen to the band playing on the Tomorrowland stage. As we were leaving, the cm's invited us to stock up on the left over canned beverages and water bottles!! It was a fantastic time and we will definitely be doing this again! :)

Not much more recent, but in October, and it was much the same. Jenga, connect 4, light sabers, good desserts/snacks, lots of beverages, Mickey and Minnie came around and we got pictures. Mickey and Minnie played a giant version of Jenga with a few of the kids, which was adorable to watch.

I’d love to do this! What time do you line up and what time do the fireworks start? How long do the fireworks last? We will be there on the 2nd Friday in February, this past February when we were there the fireworks were canceled on our last day, Friday, so we didn’t see them at all. I’m also vertically challenged with small kids so would like to know if every table has a good view.

When I was on my tour this weekend, our guide said the VIP tour people kind of took it and could now use it for a place to take guests and do meet and greets and just get out of the crowds for a bit. We didn’t do it but she said they just started that the day before so I don’t know if they’re still offering it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter