• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To the Mothership!!! A WDW First-Timer's Trip Report! UPDATE 9/23

So when I left off, we were just entering Canada! On our last Epcot day, we didn’t really explore Canada much, and on this rainy day, we were there to see the movie!

Because it was in a dry theater and it was really raining and we were soaking wet (despite the poncho).

Okay, maybe SOMEBODY was a little wetter than me…

We desperately ran from the walkway down into the theater. At that point we didn’t really even care what the short movie was about, we were just wanting to get out of the rain!

Fortunately, the movie was pretty good and Canada is beautiful!

After the movie was over, we exited the theater and…

You may not be able to tell from the picture, but it was raining pretty hard

I wanted to check out the Canada gift shop and the CM’s were so incredibly nice, probably the nicest we encountered.

Way to support the stereotype, Canada CM’s.

They had some cool stuff in there and I found some mini totem poles. My dad really likes totem poles (he bought a small 20” tall hand carved one when my parents went to Alaska a couple years ago and it is proudly displayed on top of the piano in their house) so I bought one for him.

When we had adequately spent an awkwardly long time in the small Canada store, we braved the rain once again and headed toward the UK. I happen to love the UK and was happy to explore. It was nearing lunch time and Jordan wanted to get some fish and chips so while he stood in the rain at the counter service place next to Rose & Crown, I explored the many small shops in the pavilion.

Um, can I live here? I’m sure there is room above the little shops for me.

I met up with Jordan under an umbrella near Rose & Crown while we ate the fish and chips.

We headed over to France next and we thought it LA Patisserie would be a good place to stay dry.

Plus, I wanted a pastry.

Apparently everyone else in Epcot thought the same thing.

Jordan scouted out a table while I waited in line to get this beauty:

It was amazing.

Next we went into the little shop just outside La Patisserie that sells wine and kitchen stuff. I wanted to get my dad something else besides the little totem pole and since he is the main cook in the family and loves wine, I thought that might be a good place to look!

My dad is funny. He is very picky. So I never know what to get him, especially at Disney parks. Will he use something with a huge Mickey head on it? I would, but would he? Probably not. I found a couple things in the store that he MIGHT like and use, but I just wasn’t positive and decided not to spend money on something I wasn’t sure about.

My next mission for the day was to obtain a Grey Goose slush. However, it was seriously pouring at the moment and Mr. I Don’t Want to Wear a Poncho was in need of some shelter so I told him to go find somewhere dry to stand or sit and let me know so I could meet him after I got the coveted slush.

He moved on toward Morocco and I waited in the short, uncovered, line for my precious slush. I gladly handed over my $11 (or whatever it is) and carefully took my plastic martini glass filled with slush away as the rain poured into my slush.

I found a random umbrella to stand under while I drank my watery slush and figured out where Jordan was. My poor slush. There was so much rain in it. I drank as much as I could. It was kind of pitiful scene, I’m sure.

Soaking wet, poncho’d Erin standing alone under an umbrella, slurping a rainy slush from a plastic martini glass.

Once I decided my slush was done, I headed toward Morocco to see if I could find Jordan. He had text me and said he was in the American Pavilion. I did as best a walk-run through Morocco and Japan as I could and by the time I arrived at the American Pavilion, I was drenched.

I waited in the foyer of the American Pavilion building, waiting for Jordan. The CM standing in there struck up a conversation with me about my Disneyland sweatshirt. He seemed a little confused that I was at WDW when Disneyland was so close to my home.

Silly CM. Don’t you know the Mothership of all Disney Parks is in Florida? Beautiful, sunny, warm Florida?

After some time waiting, I decided to go further into the building because the friendly CM had said the Voices of Liberty were performing soon and I had read lots of good things about them.

It turns out that Jordan had been waiting in there the WHOLE TIME.

Ummmm, what a beautiful building!!

Jordan decided to stay on his bench, but I wanted to really see the Voices of Liberty so I plopped my wet self on the floor and enjoyed the show!

Wow! They’re amazing!!

The lady in the blue dress…holy cow! Her voice was amazing!

Once they were done, we decided to head back to the hotel. We were soaked and really wanted to change into dry clothes before we headed to Japan for dinner.

But first, I wanted to go by the Test Track store to get by brother a Corvette hat.

We passed through Italy

And Germany

And I guess I don’t have any pictures from being the only people in the Test Track store. The ride was down so nobody was exiting so it was just us and a bunch of CM’s!

We walked toward the exit of the park and I just had to have Jordan try something…

Any guesses?!?!?

A hint, maybe?

He had no idea what I was getting him to do. I lured him in with promises of free soda from around the world and mwahahaha. Evil Erin appears.

Shortly after this picture was taken, I believe he said, “well that wasn’t so bad.”

WRONG, boy. The Beverly is widely known to everybody but you to be awful.

I had to spit it out when he made me try it.

Anyway, I made us do one last thing before we left…

Spaceship Earth!

We know the drill now…

We waited for a long time for a bus. Again. Fortunately the area was covered.

You can’t tell from the picture, but his sweatshirt was absolutely soaking.

Up next: sushi in Japan!!!!

You know, I'm not a drinker, but I've heard so much about that Gray Goose slushie that I want to try it!

I love Epcot, but I don't spend enough time in there. I really need to spend more time in WS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter