To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

WoW! What A journey Billy!!
Its great to see such progress! 44 RHR is superior. You are in Great shape!! All the hard work you have put into it is paying off man!!

And keeping that weight off is incredible. What kind of diet do you eat? Currently been interested in the Keto Way of eating and intermittent fasting and loving it. Whats your thoughts on that diet?

Bravo for being a great example to many of us Billy!!

Thanks Tim!

My view on diet is rather simple. Make healthy choices when I can. Eat as little processed food as I can. Keep a running tally on calories based on a 1800 calorie neutral day for me. So if I burn 1300 calories, then I need to eat 3200 calories. If I burn 500 calories, then I need to eat 2300 calories.

I believe the specific styling of the diet (be it Keto, IF, or something else) is going to be specific to the user on whether it works. I know people who have been successful and unsuccessful on many different diets. I think the key is thinking of what you eat as less of a diet and more like a lifestyle. Such that there is a start date, but there's really never an end date. I started eating healthy, and that just became my new way of eating for 7 straight years. If I want to maintain, then I eat healthy and try to be calorically neutral. If I want to lose weight, then I eat healthy and try to run a caloric deficit around 50-100 calories per day.

My normal daily diet is:

Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 3.30.47 PM.png

And then based on the day's workouts, I'll adjust the totals up and down to meet my caloric needs. Dinner is just a place holder above as it is normally something from the Hello Fresh meal prep service. Also, the salad dressing has changed from a Honey Mustard base to an oil vinegrette base.

Happiest birth Day!! She is such a star. :)

Thanks!

Happy Birthday, Billy! I hope this coming year is your best year yet and includes lots of good things and goals achieved! (I'm not gonna get more specific on that one because I don't want to jinx it)

Thanks! Oh no the super secret double sided jinx! LOL! Things happen. Good and bad. Sometimes it's about finding a new path.

Happy Birthday!!

Thanks!

Hope your birthday was a great one with fun surprises of the good variety. Including whatever G is cooking up while you hide in the basement.

I believe the specific styling of the diet (be it Keto, IF, or something else) is going to be specific to the user on whether it works. I know people who have been successful and unsuccessful on many different diets. I think the key is thinking of what you eat as less of a diet and more like a lifestyle.

I agree 100%. One has to find something they can live with.

Thanks for the detailed info on your meals. I will not call it diet. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter