To Boma or not?

We used to love Bomas, but went in November and were disappointed! Food variety was not as good, and the taste and prep of food was definitely not as good as it was pre-covid. We will sadly not be returning! Oh and tables were very crowded close together!
All due respect to your experience, we found almost all the dining experiences at Disney earlier this month were not as good as pre-Covid. It's just the way it is right now with staffing issues and supply chain issues. Hoping over the upcoming months, things get back to 100% for all Disney dining. At least Boma was doing the buffet. We used to enjoy the Cape May buffet, but they're doing those skillets now instead, and that was just awful. A couple other places are doing that, too, and we'll wait until the buffets come back - if they come back at those other places.

We were so excited to get back to Boma for dinner about 2 weeks ago. It was probably about 80%-85% of what it was pre-Covid, but we still loved getting back and loved the food. It appears some supply issues might be impacting a couple items on the buffet, but not many. Meats were great, soups are awesome.... The dips, breads, and salad area seemed a little lighter than before, but it was not a huge problem for us. Some of the tables were fairly close together, but when we asked for a different table a bit away from the crowds, they were happy to oblige for us. The night we were there, the restaurant was probably 75% occupied - not sure if that's by design or by demand right now.

If you have the chance to experience Boma for the first time, we'd highly recommend it. It's one of our favorite dining experiences at Disney.
I will say, your estimate of 80-85% of pre covid experience is spot on. However, 85% of the best buffet on property is still, for me, the best buffet on property 😅

We are not buffet fans, my wife least of all, but she always insist we include Boma on every trip. That should tell you something.

As a non-adventurous adult eater who’s married to an adventurous eater, we had dinner at Boma for the first time last week (we usually just do breakfast). Meats were very good - ribeye loin, pork ribs and chicken wings with sauces on the side. The mac & cheese was exceptional - definitely not the boxed stuff. Desserts were pretty limited as I‘m not a fan of amaretto or coffee flavors and had to wait for fresh rolls, but the sweet cornbread was excellent.

Going for the first time next month and am nervous about how much my 6 year old will even try. It was more of a parent’s choice either way and I relented and booked T-Rex for him which I’m sure I won’t care too much for.

Have not been back to Boma since Co-Vid. Previously, it was our favorite buffet by far.
A must do for breakfast.

I rate it as mediocre overall. I would do it with my wife if we were staying at akl, if I will never do it again with my daughters. Much better options for the money, a total waste with kids who don’t eat much imo, unless the money is just not relevant, skip it. Would much rather do Sana and save money on the kids meals. Nothing really amazing at boma, just a few decent meats and soups that, while good, are not like really unique or stellar imo.

We were there last week for 10 days. Boma was the best meal the whole trip. Can't wait to go back.

We ate a lot of the top rated restaurants and Boma was the clear winner. All of the food items was great. My kids are very picky eaters (9 and 7) and they even loved it. We were there for breakfast. Great experience all around and I don't do buffets. This was the first buffet I have done since 1995.

Going for the first time next month and am nervous about how much my 6 year old will even try. It was more of a parent’s choice either way and I relented and booked T-Rex for him which I’m sure I won’t care too much for.
Wise choice taking care of your 6 year-old first! Boma will be there in the future when you're ready again! We're not huge fans of T-Rex, but it is absolutely a hit with the kids! Good parenting!!

We loved Boma when we were there, but one of our favorite stories is my (then ) 4 YO going around to all the stages, rejecting everything and then looking at his empty plate and going “my plate is empty, I have no food”. He finally ate some bread and some chicken that I picked the skin off of.

We loved Boma when we were there, but one of our favorite stories is my (then ) 4 YO going around to all the stages, rejecting everything and then looking at his empty plate and going “my plate is empty, I have no food”. He finally ate some bread and some chicken that I picked the skin off of.
Love that story! Usually for me it's "my plate is too small for all this food!" Thanks for sharing!

Love Boma. I'm not a buffet person. In fact, this is literally the only buffet I like either on or off Disney property.

I feel this way about cost regarding other buffet or set priced meals. My husband loooooooves Biergarten and I think it's just ok. Kids will eat some bread and maybe a piece of sausage. They don't even like the desserts there. It's just not worth it. When it's his birthday and he wants to go there, we'll do a date night. But we aren't paying all of that money for 3 kids (2 who count as Disney adults) to fill up on bread.

At least with Boma there are some regular kid options or options for less adventurous eaters. My youngest is a super picky eater and has some food allergies, so she doesn't eat a lot at Boma, but she'll eat enough that I don't feel horrible about it in the way that I would if we went somewhere like Biergarten.

Love Boma. I'm not a buffet person. In fact, this is literally the only buffet I like either on or off Disney property.

I feel this way about cost regarding other buffet or set priced meals. My husband loooooooves Biergarten and I think it's just ok. Kids will eat some bread and maybe a piece of sausage. They don't even like the desserts there. It's just not worth it. When it's his birthday and he wants to go there, we'll do a date night. But we aren't paying all of that money for 3 kids (2 who count as Disney adults) to fill up on bread.

At least with Boma there are some regular kid options or options for less adventurous eaters. My youngest is a super picky eater and has some food allergies, so she doesn't eat a lot at Boma, but she'll eat enough that I don't feel horrible about it in the way that I would if we went somewhere like Biergarten.

My DH and DM have some food allergies and it is noted on the ADR so a chef always comes and takes them around the buffet and says what they can have and then makes things in the back to make sure they have plenty to eat.

Picky Eater here

I don't eat almost any meat, but I still love Boma. I really enjoy the food, but just some advice that my mom used to always say to justify buffets. My older brother would eat 3-4 plates of food, he generally eats a lot, so my mom would always say that whatever money she lost with me, she made up with him. So if you have someone else that eats a larger portion of food, you can always think of it that way.

My DH and DM have some food allergies and it is noted on the ADR so a chef always comes and takes them around the buffet and says what they can have and then makes things in the back to make sure they have plenty to eat.

Yes, Disney has always been fantastic about food allergies. Still with a picky eater though, just because she's not allergic doesn't mean she'll actually eat it. LOL. Most of Boma is peanut safe for breakfast... except I don't understand why they have a big ol bowl of peanut butter on the buffet for people to use a spoon and cross contaminate everything on that side of the buffet. I wish they at least had some individual packages that people could just take to their table instead of scooping and spreading it everywhere.

We used to love Bomas, but went in November and were disappointed! Food variety was not as good, and the taste and prep of food was definitely not as good as it was pre-covid. We will sadly not be returning! Oh and tables were very crowded close together!
Thanks. Good to know!

All due respect to your experience, we found almost all the dining experiences at Disney earlier this month were not as good as pre-Covid. It's just the way it is right now with staffing issues and supply chain issues. Hoping over the upcoming months, things get back to 100% for all Disney dining. At least Boma was doing the buffet. We used to enjoy the Cape May buffet, but they're doing those skillets now instead, and that was just awful. A couple other places are doing that, too, and we'll wait until the buffets come back - if they come back at those other places.
Oh I agree covid has affected all restaurants on property! Please understand we were grateful that ANY buffets have returned (miss the one at Fort Wilderness!) We did have some nice food at other spots and some other meh meals too of course. We were just so surprised at the level of change( in our opinion of course,) since we last went to Bomas which was always a must do in past!. I am not a big meat eater (although I do enjoy having some meat at meals.) , I HATE any kind of seafood so many choices I might have had were not an option as seafood was added-lol! Little things like very few dressing or topping choices with salads, side dishes minus seafood were harder to come by compared to past, and since as someone else stated if you are not a fan of mocha stuff desserts were slim pickings. It wasn't bad meal, just not anywhere near the Boma we loved in the past(we also did not have children with us, so having kid options did not influence us obviously lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter