To Boma or not?

Dizney73

DIS Veteran
We have never eaten dinner at Boma. I always wanted to and the smell always lures me in! We have a reservation the night of December 29. We are 4 adults according to Disney... our 12 year old son is such a picky eater @$50 pp! ?? There aren't any other reservations available at this time (except Disney Springs... with which we are absolutely fine). We can also just pick up some food at the Mara.
I know our son will be fine with some super expensive mac and cheese and chicken tenders.
Do you love Boma?
Should we keep our reservation? or cancel and get dinner elsewhere?

We have never eaten dinner at Boma. I always wanted to and the smell always lures me in! We have a reservation the night of December 29. We are 4 adults according to Disney... our 12 year old son is such a picky eater @$50 pp! ?? There aren't any other reservations available at this time (except Disney Springs... with which we are absolutely fine). We can also just pick up some food at the Mara.
I know our son will be fine with some super expensive mac and cheese and chicken tenders.
Do you love Boma?
Just had it for first time in November over Wine and Dine weekend and it is every bit as good as people say. Tough ask on the kids paying that, I get it. The Ribs and Soups alone might make it worth it for me.

Boma is now my favorite restaurant in WDW. There are so many delicious and unique options. Missed it in Dec 2020, but it did not disappoint a couple of weeks ago. Yes, it does suck to pay a lot for young and/or picky eaters, but I’d definitely keep the reservations. And don’t forget the Zebra Domes!

Just had it for first time in November over Wine and Dine weekend and it is every bit as good as people say. Tough ask on the kids paying that, I get it. The Ribs and Soups alone might make it worth it for me.

Those ribs and soups are amazing! Best ribs on property.

Boma is the best buffet on property, period. And for a picky eater it might be an interesting change, since you could tell him that this would be a wonderful opportunity to try things. This is one of those places where you can give him the freedom to try something and if he doesn't like it - no big deal! No guilt, no foul if he trys something and doesn't care for it. I'm was somewhat of a picky eater and this is one of my favorite places to dine, because I know that there will be some of the standard choices that will appeal to everyone and then others that I might not normally consider. Think of it like a mini African "food and wine :)"

Haven't been back since it has re-opened but we love Boma. It is a top 3 spot for us. :earsboy:

We love Boma! Our son was a picky eater too. We just ate at Boma with him and our DIL last month...how things change LOL!

Hopefully you can encourage him to take a separate plate to at least try a couple new items. There are all kinds of foods he may actually like. African foods seem to have a sweet flavor (honey?). Fufu (sweet & mashed potatoes) and Bobotie (hamburger mix) are favorites. allears.net has menus. Enjoy!

Do you love Boma?
Go and do it. So good. And the buffet is very diverse so everyone should have at least a few things they like. At least 4 different soups, 4 salads + a make your own salad, a kids section, multiple meat and fish options, sauces, like 15 desserts to pick from, etc.

I'm sure by taking your time to read what everything is, everyone will be happy with the options. We just ate here a week ago and loved it (as usual)

We love it there always have dinner and sometimes breakfast we alternate that with TH. Was just there for Thanksgiving and it was just as wonderful as it always had been. We also had breakfast earlier that week.

I am one of the pickiest eats I know, and I honestly thing Boma is my favorite buffet anywhere (counting all the old Vegas buffest which haven't reopened). I thought the first time I was "dragged" there, by more adventurous eaters, that all I would eat was the mac and cheese and chicken fingers. While I still eat those, their beef, chicken, potatoes, fruit, desserts... keep drawing me back lol

I have no idea what the buffet is like now, but in December 2019, it was our favorite Disney restaurant (we did dinner AND lunch since we stayed at AKL). My mom is a fairly picky eater, she cannot tolerate spice, curry, etc, and sticks to stuff like hot dogs or burgers or spaghetti. She loved both meals and found plenty to eat and didn't even have to touch the kid's offerings. Lots of stuff for the typical "meat and potatoes" eater. If even just 3/4 people will enjoy, I think it is worth the price!

I have no idea what the buffet is like now, but in December 2019, it was our favorite Disney restaurant (we did dinner AND lunch since we stayed at AKL).

That's a pretty good trick, since Boma has never been open for lunch! 😉

I'm going to guess you meant breakfast and dinner, as both are highly rated.

Do you love Boma?

We also have a reservation to Boma on the 29th! One of our favorites! Keep it!

We used to love Bomas, but went in November and were disappointed! Food variety was not as good, and the taste and prep of food was definitely not as good as it was pre-covid. We will sadly not be returning! Oh and tables were very crowded close together!

our 12 year old son is such a picky eater @$50 pp! ?? [...]
The advantage of a buffet is that even if he only likes two things on it, he can eat a lot of those two things! :D

That's a pretty good trick, since Boma has never been open for lunch! 😉

I'm going to guess you meant breakfast and dinner, as both are highly rated.
:thanks: Oopsies, yes, breakfast! If they were open for lunch too, it would all be over for me!

We were so excited to get back to Boma for dinner about 2 weeks ago. It was probably about 80%-85% of what it was pre-Covid, but we still loved getting back and loved the food. It appears some supply issues might be impacting a couple items on the buffet, but not many. Meats were great, soups are awesome.... The dips, breads, and salad area seemed a little lighter than before, but it was not a huge problem for us. Some of the tables were fairly close together, but when we asked for a different table a bit away from the crowds, they were happy to oblige for us. The night we were there, the restaurant was probably 75% occupied - not sure if that's by design or by demand right now.

If you have the chance to experience Boma for the first time, we'd highly recommend it. It's one of our favorite dining experiences at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter