'Tis the Season in Disneyland: A California Christmas *COMPLETED* (Feb. 2/Pg. 14)

i am LOVING your report !!!! i just got all caught up..i really am hoping to go to DL this fall..your report is certainly making it seem like something i will really enjoy!!! :)

Yay you got to ride the street car! :banana: Love that picture too, it looks just like mine!:goodvibes I'm glad you got to ride the car and the bus!! Now theres two things you can cross off your "to-do list"

I will have to make my way over to DL someday! It looks like so much fun. I like how they have some different attractions than at WDW. Plus thats the original and to think that Walt was there gives me goosebumps.

That stinks that your computer froze and you lost your update. That seems to be happening to a lot of people. No rush on the update though! Hope you have a great weekend!

Yeah, and it took me going to Disneyland to finally get those two things accomplished! :rotfl: Any Disney fan will love Disneyland and to me you just can't compare DL and WDW. They each have so many different things to offer. :goodvibes

Hi Lindsey, Your photos of Main St are beautiful, glad you were able to ride both the carriage and the bus up and down Main St., how very cool. The photos of Nemo are cool, I remember coming across the monorail like that in June and thinking how pretty that was and wishing so much that Nemo was open. But it will be neat to ride it in March.

Thank you for the update on Roger Rabbits car tune spin, it sounds very cool. Do you know does it spin a lot? I am just curious because I get sick if something spins and spins, so I was just curious as to how much spinning it did.

DL's BBB looks very cute, I guess it might just be geared towards small children but trust me I am not above going in there and getting my hair done, I will have to wait and check it out in March, and if I am up to it, maybe get it done in Dec. After all when we are at Disney, we are all child like.

So sorry you lost part of your trippie, that stinks. You put so much work into them and then to lose it,yuck. Hopefully you will have better luck next time around, can't wait to hear more of your trippie, it is so great!!!:goodvibes

Thanks Jen! Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin does spin a lot and it can be pretty jerky at certain spots. It's not as bad as the Tea Cups, but it does spin! You'll have to let me know if you decide to checkout the Disney Princess Fantasy Faire. I know they had a poster up there showing the different hair and make-up options, but I don't remember. I wish I had taken a photo of it now. I'm trying to rewrite my TR that I lost, but it's hard. It's never as good the second time around when I'm writing. :confused:

Hi Lindsey, I can't believe that it took me this long to remember that you had a Disneyland trip report going on. It sounds like a fabulous trip so far. I just love how all out they go when decorating the parks for Christmas.

Can't wait to read more!

I am so glad you are here to join me again on another one of my adventures! :goodvibes

i am LOVING your report !!!! i just got all caught up..i really am hoping to go to DL this fall..your report is certainly making it seem like something i will really enjoy!!! :)

Thanks! :) You would just love DL! I don't know anyone who wouldn't! It's fantastic and there is so much to do.

Let it Snow!

We got to the Disneyland Hotel and did some more exploring around the grounds. It's amazing how large it really is and how much there is to see. We came across a beautiful waterfall area near the back of the Disneyland Hotel area, which was just amazing! The area was quite large with bridges and walkways. It was very neat and almost a hidden location that I'm sure most people don't realize it there. You can actually walk behind the waterfall; it was just beautiful!

n25002324_33303155_1189.jpg

We really enjoyed our walk around the Hotel and also found a Crystal Shop on the grounds, which had some cool items. There is just so much to see and do!

n25002324_33303156_1474.jpg

It was time for our dinner reservation at Hook's Pointe, which is right outside next to the Neverland Pool. There is also a Wine Cellar under the restaurant and I just love the rustic feel of the place.

n25002324_33303154_902.jpg

n25002324_33303153_618.jpg

We made our way up the stairs to the entrance of the restaurant and they had a cute little Christmas tree outside on the porch. We entered the dining room and it was just beautiful! I loved the entire theme of the place, since I am such a "Peter Pan" fan! This is has become one of my favorite Disneyland restaurants!

I quickly noticed the Jolly Roger and Captain Hook woodwork design and it was stunning! You can spot Captain Hook to the right of the Jolly Roger. Look closely!

n25002324_33303157_1753.jpg

We took our seats in the quaint dining room and we had a great view. It was a beautiful evening and it was so sad that it was our last night in Disneyland.

n25002324_33303158_2029.jpg

Just like the rest of my meals in Disneyland, I started off with some nice hot tea, which the poor waitress almost spilled all over us. Luckily, we were fine and we tried to make her feel okay about it. We could tell she was pretty embarrassed.

47b7cc09b3127cceb2ead11d170200000026101AaMWrNw3aMW

DH & I each ordered pasta dishes and they were fantastic! My vegetable pasta dish had such interesting and great flavor to it. It was yummy!

47b7cc09b3127cceb2ead1bc969300000026101AaMWrNw3aMW

47b7cc09b3127cceb2ead18f179000000026101AaMWrNw3aMW
\

We were too full for dessert and we had to get back over to Disneyland to enjoy the Christmas lights one last time. I just had to go take pictures of "It's a Small World" Holiday. It is just so beautiful covered in all of the bright lights. We actually rode on the Disneyland Railroad and it takes you through the outside of the ride and you have the best view of the lights! They also do a small show on "It's a Small Word," which is a must-see! They actually turn all of the lights off and then they have different Christmas images that appear on the building dancing to music from "The Nutcracker." It's very neat and just another great touch of Disney Christmas Magic!

n25002324_33303160_2572.jpg

n25002324_33303159_2305.jpg

We spent the rest of the evening riding our favorite rides again and enjoying all of our favorite Disneyland spots. It was getting late and that meant it was almost time for the "Believe...In Holiday Magic" Fireworks Spectacular. We arrived about 20 minutes early and found the perfect spot in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Right before the Fireworks Spectacular was about to start, a voice came over the speakers announcing that the fireworks had been cancelled because of the high winds. The sound of disappointment echoed all the way down Main Street. I was so upset because we were not going to be able to see the Christmas Fireworks. We had waited to see them on our last night in Disneyland, so we had skipped seeing them a couple of nights before when the show actually went on.

We turned to make the slow walk down Main Street and I heard beautiful music coming across the speakers. I turned around and saw the Castle twinkling and I quickly grabbed my video camera. We looked down Main Street and it began to snow! It was snowing everywhere and it was such a Magical moment! The "White Christmas" music was just so moving and it was one of those Disney moments, where you just get chills. It was our last night in Disneyland and it was a Magical way to say to good-bye.

Video: Winter Christmas Lights on Sleeping Beauty Castle

We followed the crowds down Main Street and it was our last night, so that meant it was time to do some last minute shopping! Disneyland has many neat specialty stores, including Disney Clothiers, which I love! I think I spent almost a hour in there, since they leave the stores open for a hour after park closing. I found a Mickey hat, Pirates of the Caribbean jacket, and Thumper long-sleeve shirt that I just had to buy!

The park had official come to a close, so DH & I decided to take the long way to the Disneyland Hotel through Downtown Disney, so we could do a little more shopping on the way. Plus, DH had to pick-up some more yummy kettle corn. It was sad to know once we got back to our hotel that I would be packing our bags and we would be leaving this Magical place.

More Soon!
:wizard:

Lindsey, as always, great photos and great write up. I can't wait to watch the video, I will have to wait till I have a littlle bit more time, plus I bet it will make me cry. I am sure it is beautiful. I can't wait to see it live.:goodvibes It sounds amazing.

Thank you for the heads up about Roger Rabbit, I guess I might try it and see what it does, it seems so popular and I don't want to miss it.

I will be sure and let you know what I decide about Princess Fantasy Faire, I can't wait to check that place out, I don't think I will get my hair and make up done there this time around, but who knows. But might in Dec., I am sure it will be fun and hopefully I will have a great CM.:goodvibes

The grounds at DL Hotel are beautiful, that is why I am giving myself a lot of time next Dec. when I go, I really want to be able to explore them and your dinner at Hook's Pointe looks really yummy.

It's A Small World Holiday looks amazing, can't wait to see that too, thanks for the heads up about the railroad.:goodvibes

As always, your trip report is the greatest, can't wait to hear more about your trip in CA.

Lindsey.........Small World & the Castle are BEAUTIFUL. I am so excited that I will be getting to see them next year.
What were the dates of this trip?????? We will be going Dec 6-14th, 2008.
Friday I booked us a trip......check out my ticker below. :banana: I am not sure how I will ever wait 10 months but it is going to be sooooo worth it.

Oh my gosh, I just watched the video, that was beautiful and the White Christmas part just gave me goose bumps and made me tear up, I so can't wait to see that. Thank you for sharing.:goodvibes

Also Lindsey, love your avatar at youtube of little Jax, how cute!!!:goodvibes

Lindsey.........Small World & the Castle are BEAUTIFUL. I am so excited that I will be getting to see them next year.
Friday I booked us a trip......check out my ticker below. :banana: I am not sure how I will ever wait 10 months but it is going to be sooooo worth it.

Hey, I am right there with you, I will be there around Dec. 12-19, it seems like so long but I bet it will be here before we know it!!!:goodvibes

so sad your report is coming to an end. The pictures of IASW are great. I am blocked from Utube at work so I will have to check out your video later. your pasta looked so yummy! What did your husband get?

Yes, I too am sad it's coming to an end :(

But, this also means the start of something new! I'm starting my pre-trippie for my WDW/NYC trip!!! Be sure to check it out. You'll live on! Even though it's WDW... Good thing I'm going to DLR in early November! I saved ya ;)

Wow the castle light show was beautiful. That song plus the lights made me teary eyed.

Awwww...me too!
I miss it! :goodvibes

I can't believe you are going to Disneyland! How exciting! :woohoo: We were in Cali from December 8-17 and were in Disneyland December 8-12, same time you will be there! :) How fun! I bet you are already planning! ;)

Oh my gosh, I just watched the video, that was beautiful and the White Christmas part just gave me goose bumps and made me tear up, I so can't wait to see that. Thank you for sharing.:goodvibes

Also Lindsey, love your avatar at youtube of little Jax, how cute!!!:goodvibes

That's exactly how it made me feel. We missed the fireworks, but that was still pretty Magical to me! :goodvibes

Oh, thanks! I gotta show love for my little Jaxie! :lovestruc

so sad your report is coming to an end. The pictures of IASW are great. I am blocked from Utube at work so I will have to check out your video later. your pasta looked so yummy! What did your husband get?

I'm going to keep it going for a little bit, since I do have some more important pictures from our trip to Cali to post. :) DH had a pasta dish with sausage. I can't remember exactly what it was called, but he liked it!

Yes, I too am sad it's coming to an end :(

But, this also means the start of something new! I'm starting my pre-trippie for my WDW/NYC trip!!! Be sure to check it out. You'll live on! Even though it's WDW... Good thing I'm going to DLR in early November! I saved ya ;)

I'll have to go checkout your TR. I bet you're excited about your upcoming trip! How exciting...two Disney trips!

"Now it's time to say good-bye..."
It's all about the Magic!

It was sad to wake-up to my alarm going off. Usually, it's exciting because it's going to be a full Disney day, but not today. We still had a great Cali vacation to look forward to, but it's sad to have to say good-bye to Disneyland. We did have reservations for breakfast at Steakhouse 55, which is inside the Disneyland Hotel. It would be the perfect send-off to our stay at the hotel.

I got up to get ready for the day and DH took our luggage down to pack our rental car. I told him I'd meet him down at the Neverland Pool when I was ready. It was a long ride down the elevator after I had to leave our lovely room.

It was another chilly and windy California morning, but DH & I wanted to go take one last walk around Neverland Pool because I just love it!

n25002324_33303163_3372.jpg

n25002324_33303162_3092.jpg

n25002324_33303164_3650.jpg

n25002324_33303165_3927.jpg

n25002324_33303167_4507.jpg

It was getting close to our breakfast reservation and we made our way over to Steakhouse 55, which meant we got to take another nice walk around the grounds of the Disneyland Hotel.

n25002324_33303168_4794.jpg

Steakhouse 55 was a very elegant restaurant and it had such a Walt Disney feel to it. It was like an old Hollywood lounge and it felt like you were stepping back in time when you entered the restaurant.

n25002324_33303169_5085.jpg

n25002324_33303173_6229.jpg

It felt very much like the Hollywood Brown Derby with pictures of old black & white celebrity photos all over the walls. We got seated at the neat round booth with a photo of Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz behind us, who I adore! It was the best seat in the place, in my opinion!

n25002324_33303172_5930.jpg

n25002324_33303171_5651.jpg

Let me just say that the food at this restaurant was absolutley amazing! They were the most elegant and wonderful pancakes we've ever had! I ordered Bananas Foster Pancakes and DH had Mixed Berry Pancakes. They were so filling and, oh, so good! The presentation was beautiful too.

47b7cc09b3127cceb2ead6bc573800000026101AaMWrNw3aMW

n25002324_33303174_6524.jpg

We were stuffed and I decided that we were in no rush to check into our other hotel in Universal City, so we were going to make a quick stop at California Adventure. I really wanted to go see "The Magic of Brother Bear" show, so we arrived early enough to make the first seating. The show is only a few days a week, so I am glad we weren't going to miss it.

n25002324_33303175_6816.jpg

n25002324_33303176_7125.jpg

n25002324_33303177_7418.jpg

The show was very cute and it was a great send-off to California Adventure and we were able to meet Kenai and Koda after the show. They were just so adorable!

n25002324_33303178_7727.jpg

n25002324_33303179_8032.jpg

We took one last ride on California Screamin' and the giant Sun Wheel before we had to say good-bye to Disneyland. We made the walk back through Downtown Disney and picked-up smoothies at Jamba Juice before getting in out car at the Disneyland Hotel parking lots. We were leaving the Magic, but we still had five busy days of California fun ahead of us!

Our Trip to Disneyland has come to an end...
But, there is more California fun coming soon!
Plus, more Disney Magic! :wizard:

So sad that the Disneyland part of your report is done but I am looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

Another awesome TR. It got me really excited about my Disneyland trip in March. I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip. I'm guessing you went to Universal Studios Hollywood? Exciting! Looking forward to more!

Lindsey, as always you have some beautiful photos, the grounds at the DL Hotel look amazing and I can't wait to see them. The Neverland pool is awesome and I can't wait to see it, don't think it wil be warm enough in Dec. to swim, but thats ok. There will be too much to see and do at DL itself. So that is fine.

Steakhouse 55 looks amazing. Their breakfast sounds yummy, I might have to add it to my list of places to check out, I love all the photos, really loved the one of Walt, very cool and the food just looks yummy, now I am in the mood for some pancakes.

I am sure you were very sad that your alarm went off and you knew it was your last day at DL, but it sure sounds like it started off to be a magical Disney morning, the Brother Bear shows sounds great and I can't wait to ride California Screamin, it looks so cool.

Can't wait to hear more about your CA trip and the special Disney touches.:goodvibes

Well Lindsey you've done it. :cool1: I'm in the process of talking my DH into doing a double dip trip next year. I'm hoping to be able to go to WDW and then fly from there to DL. He is really starting to come around. Wish me luck! And thank you for all the great trip reports with all the great information you put into them. :hug:

Lindsey, great pics! Those pancakes look so yummy...I had no idea Steakhouse 55 was like that...we may have to go check it out!

As always, a great update to your TR! Can't wait to see your other travels in California!

Steakhouse 55 looks AMAZING! I love the decor inside the restaurant! :thumbsup2

I'm so sad the DL portion of your TR is over, but I'm excited to hear about the rest of your trip to Cali! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter