• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips on what to bring on a Disney Cruise

Depends on the strength of the magnet. If you use a strong magnet and are worried if it will scratch or mar the surface, you can always put a piece of card stock between the magnet and the metal surface

I'm just worried I might scratch the surface trying to take it off, so I appreciate the tip. I guess I'm just being overly cautious.

I'm just worried I might scratch the surface trying to take it off, so I appreciate the tip. I guess I'm just being overly cautious.
It is always better to be safe than sorry. And sorry is very expensive on a Disney ship. I use some of the advertisement literature found in the room.

Thanks to everyone for the tips! Next stop, port of Galveston with our fingers crossed we pass the final COVID test and get onboard around lunch time today!

All pre-sailing steps are complete and believe we have everything we need.

I know this is too late for your cruise, but for my last cruise I bought a nightlight from Amazon that worked great for the bathroom at night. It is easy to travel with (the last one I bought was a bit cumbersome), has an off switch and 2 brightness settings, and best of all the back is magnetic so I just stuck it to the back of the bathroom door. It was called the Auvon rechargeable motion sensor nightlight.

as far as the door decoration magnets go.... no, they are not necessary, but they are one of those things that is very fun. I consider myself an "amateur artist" so made my own by drawing on the magnet sheets that you can buy. My kids loved it and it made me smile when I saw our door every time we walked up to it. You don't need a lot of time or talent if you want to make your own. You can find and print clip art online or find Disney stickers or paper decorations in the stationary aisle, wrapping paper or even deco at the dollar store that you can then glue to the magnet sheet and easily cut out around the edges and have something that will be very cute and add to your trip for not a lot of time or money invested.

A lot of enjoyment for me is in the getting ready part of the vacation, but this is one of those details that really carries over through the actual vacation time enjoyment. Bonus, bring the magnets home again and can stick them on the fridge or in school or work locker and have instant reminders and smile at the memories made on the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter