Tips for planning a trip with short notice

iwasdaisy

Mouseketeer
Am I crazy to be planning a last week of August trip? I've always planned well in advance but the timing might just be right for us to take our two children at the end of August. Any tips for how to pull it all together when we're nearly at the 60 day mark? I've never gone this time of year.

You've got plenty of time! You shouldn't have any trouble finding a resort, and you'll be able to get fast passes and dining reservations.

It might not be easy to get all the "top" dining reservations, but I bet you could find a time at most restaurants if you like to plan your reservations in advance.

Just go and have fun!! We have done trips where we might not have a dining reservation every day and we've been able to book something on short notice.

No not crazy we closed on our Dvc resale contract on April 23rd and booked a trip for June 23-29, so that was only less than 2 months bc we didn't book it until April 28th. We leave on Thursday night to drive down. We were able to book.and manipulate fastpasses surprisingly easily and also book Adds for what we wanted as well. I say go for it!:daisy:

We have gone with 1 day notice and have gotten dining, fast passes etc. We travel often spur of the moment( also have trips planned out well in advance) to Disney and those have been some of our BEST trips! Have a blast!

I just booked our trip at under 50 days. I got all the Dining I wanted (using Touring Plans finder to help with one) and FP for all the headliners, including FoP, SDD, FEA etc. by watching the app for a couple of days. It’s totally doable!

We booked our April trip 8 days in advance. 8 days. My mom walked into my house, offered to send us to Disney, and the next day I booked the trip for the following week. It was amazing. We got all the ADRs we wanted (not a ton- but there was plenty of availability with checking frequently), we got FP for everything we wanted except 7DMT (and there were a few available, just in the evening) so we just did it at RD. We even got a same day FP for FoP. It was SUCH a fun trip- I am such a planner and plan so far ahead but it was great to do it all quickly too! My best advice would be to grab what you want even if the time isn't ideal, and then modify. I did spend a good amount of time checking and reloading and updating plans over that week, but, it was a week so that's to be expected. You have plenty of time!

My sister and I took our daughters last year over 4th of July. I literally came up with the idea on Tuesday and we drove down Friday night from South Jersey and were hitting the parks first thing Saturday morning. We ate in restaurants and got FPs and saw some of the best fireworks ever.

Yup, just a month ago or so I started planning for the middle of August. As long as you still have the 60 days, fast passes are no issue. The only draw back as has already been pointed out is dinning reservations will start to get a bit harder, but really, nothing to fret about. I was able to get some really good ones.
Also, I've planned trips on much shorter notice as well .... it makes me wonder if Disney doesn't actually reserve some of the fast passes at least ... I mean if people who stay off site have (is that still 30 days?) have no decent fast pass options wouldn't they get discouraged? Just makes me wonder if so many aren't allotted for each week or so ... If you do have dinning reservation issues always remember to keep trying, especially as you get closer to the actual date as that's when people might end up cancelling them so as not to get charged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter