Tipping on Magical Express

I tip for that reason too. But there's really no reason it should be a tipped position - any more than the person at the counter inside the airport who checks my bag in.
So, if you use curbside checkin, at the airport, do you not tip? Any person that handles your luggage, away from the physical check in counter, is entitled to a gratuity. Those that are manning the counters are paid differently than those that are working away from the physical counter...at least, that's what I've been told.
The funny thing is that Disney will tell you that housekeeping isn't considered a tippable position at WDW..however, the vast majority of guests feel differently. They feel the housekeepers are entitled to a tip, even though Disney says they aren't. But, there are those who feel that anyone that touches your luggage doesn't need to be tipped. Some bus drivers can accept tips, others can't. Perhaps it's time the US starts paying people a living wage, so they aren't dependent on the generosity of others. It works in most European countries.

So...you prefer TF Green to Acapulco!!!! Especially today! Have to say, I've had my checked bags arrive at Green about 5 hrs prior to my arrival!!!! They haven't lost one yet!

I was just making a joke. We've never had our luggage lost, thank god.

No one anywhere should ever be ENTITLED to a gratuity.
True...wrong choice of word. What I meant is that if someone handles your luggage, they are allowed to be tipped. It is considered to be a tipped position. The issue is that some workers do feel that sense of 'entitlement'....and that's when I get really cranky. Don't stand at the front of the bus, beneath the signage that states 'gratuities are gratefully accepted for exceptional service' and tell us that any gratuities are gratefully accepted!!! Especially when you do nothing to deserve getting one. You don't get a tip just because you grabbed a bag and put it beneath the bus....if you don't open your mouth to welcome me to your bus, or something else that's pleasant, you aren't deserving. Sorry if that offends anyone, but if the only words someone says are that gratuities are accepted and we're now at POR? Nope, sorry, that is NOT exceptional service, in my opinion.
So yeah, entitled was a poor choice of words.

I tip all the time. Tip jars. I am fortunate to make more than most people in service, after having spent the worst years of my life working in retail and at Starbucks.

I've worked in service to the general public long enough to learn that my tip is probably just making up for someone who plays games with refusing to tip for anything

We tip ME drivers usually both to and from MCO.
Our son asked a Disney bus driver onsite if he could accept tips, and was told no.

Just because you didn't see me hand money to the driver doesn't mean I didn't tip either.
Leaving OKW at 3:20 AM in October, I had to go inside to break a large bill for tip money. I then handed the golf cart driver half, and then the bus driver the other half upon loading the luggage. We did not tip at the airport since we had tipped when we entered the bus.

Some hand money to the driver while the driver is seated, others when the luggage is physically loaded/unloaded.

We are going to OKW next Monday - trying to contain my excitement! How much is a good amount to tip for two people and two big suitcases? I’m from the U.K. where tipping is a bit hit and miss so no idea where to start. Thanks :)

We are going to OKW next Monday - trying to contain my excitement! How much is a good amount to tip for two people and two big suitcases? I’m from the U.K. where tipping is a bit hit and miss so no idea where to start. Thanks :)
The general "rule" is $1-2/bag. Some people will round that up to the nearest $5. I detest tipping, but as long as the driver is pleasant, I'd probably tip him $5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter