Tipping guides

At the end of the tour. You will get tip envelopes and people normally give them to the guides at the farewell dinner.

It says in the guidebook but I think it's $9-11 per day per person per guide.

So if you have a family of four and you go an 5 day trip you would tip: (per guide)

5 days X 4 people x $10 per day = $200 for each guide. So $400 in tips

I would rather not carry that much cash with me. Do most of the guides take e-transfers now?
Some do. My understanding is that your pretrip booklet will tell you if that is an option. We tipped in local currency so that we could get it from the atm towards the end of our trip.

The two Adventure Guides on my Japan ABD both took PayPal

Sayhello

Last edited:
All of the guides I've ever talked to said CASH is king. A select few may accept PayPal or Venmo but we've never had a guide that takes that. Never write a personal check or travelers check. Just keep your tip cash with your passport... wherever you secure your passport is good enough for securing your tip cash.

So now I'm confused. We just received our package for our first ABD trip in August, and it says the following: "Adventures by Disney River Cruises include all gratuities for meals and activities, including tips for porters, housekeepers, drivers, activity providers, local experts, Adventure Guides, Cruise Manager, and crew." So it would seem to be that pretty much anyone I would tip is already covered, except perhaps things we do on our own (meals, taxis, etc.). Am I interpreting this incorrectly?

So now I'm confused. We just received our package for our first ABD trip in August, and it says the following: "Adventures by Disney River Cruises include all gratuities for meals and activities, including tips for porters, housekeepers, drivers, activity providers, local experts, Adventure Guides, Cruise Manager, and crew." So it would seem to be that pretty much anyone I would tip is already covered, except perhaps things we do on our own (meals, taxis, etc.). Am I interpreting this incorrectly?
River cruises are unique in that all the tips are included in the price, including guide tips. You will have 6-8 guides and it's not practical to tip each one!

You are interpreting it correctly. :) But as @CrazyZeus1 says, that's for the river cruises only.

Sayhello

You are interpreting it correctly. :) But as @CrazyZeus1 says, that's for the river cruises only.

Sayhello

As I have pointed out Many times Tipping is not a general practise in Europe ( Will be accepted if Given )

as employees are paid a decent wage as laid down by law .

As I have pointed out Many times Tipping is not a general practise in Europe ( Will be accepted if Given )

as employees are paid a decent wage as laid down by law .
All ABD guides should be tipped. ;) The river cruise guides have tips already built into the trip price. All other guides are tipped by guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter