Time for a Disney Do-Over!! It's a GO!

I'm sorry you won't have time for a full trip report, but I understand. I am certainly not doing my PTR justice with everything else I have going on right now.

I hope you can get the condo done quickly! I would love to have the job of picking out the flooring, fixtures, paint, cabinets, etc. So much fun! DH and I are actually planning to visit some model homes in a few near by neighborhoods the next time we get a date day - there is a floor plan I really want to see in person in one neighborhood and a luxury townhouse community that has me intrigued. I have no idea when DH and I will be able to have a date day though, October is crazy busy for us - we have Charlotte's birthday trip this coming weekend, my girls trip the following weekend, then the next weekend we are taking my dad to the Browns game as an early Christmas present. This puts our next free weekend at October 25th! But it is all fun stuff that I am totally looking forward to so I am not complaining!

HaHa Mo! I feel the same, but I know I would not do it justice. I will post some here, though, so that's better than nothing….::yes::

I'm sorry you won't have time for a full trip report, but I understand. I am certainly not doing my PTR justice with everything else I have going on right now.

I hope you can get the condo done quickly! I would love to have the job of picking out the flooring, fixtures, paint, cabinets, etc. So much fun! DH and I are actually planning to visit some model homes in a few near by neighborhoods the next time we get a date day - there is a floor plan I really want to see in person in one neighborhood and a luxury townhouse community that has me intrigued. I have no idea when DH and I will be able to have a date day though, October is crazy busy for us - we have Charlotte's birthday trip this coming weekend, my girls trip the following weekend, then the next weekend we are taking my dad to the Browns game as an early Christmas present. This puts our next free weekend at October 25th! But it is all fun stuff that I am totally looking forward to so I am not complaining!

So, are you thinking of moving? That's exciting, right? Would you be moving closer to the Mouse? I know you said nearby, but in that general direction? Hey, 15 minutes is 15 minutes.;)

It does sound like you're going to be busy in October, but like you said, a really good busy! Are you coming to OHIO??? to take your Dad to the game? I need details, girl! When did he get back in town? Hope they win!

********************************************************************************************************

Disney: We've settled on dates for our April trip with Miles. It will be April 15th for just 5 days. That's all we ever take the grand skids for so they don't miss too much school. Remember, our girls aren't in love with Disney like we are, so we have to please them! I think 5 days is enough time to have lots of fun! We are thinking we'll stay at a moderate this time instead of Pop. Originally we thought Miles would like Pop, but we've about had it with values, so probably will look at staying at FQ. All up for change as we all know!! We are hoping we'll get a nice room discount for AP holders.

**************************************************************************************************

Condo update: We discovered a broken window in one of the upstairs bedrooms! We were not planning to go to the expense of replacing the windows, but we feel if we have to replace that one (in the front of course), we should replace them all. :sad: Good thing I budgeted a 10% contingency amount! I am currently removing wallpaper that does not want to come off!!!! I've removed difficult wallpaper before, but this is seriously demon possessed!! Dan is actually going to remove the drywall in the kitchen and replace it so I don't have to continue fighting it! But there are still two bathrooms to contend with. If anyone has any tips for this, I'm all ears. I went online and have used every trick I know, but the paper is definitely winning the battle!

I also painted ceilings in all three bedrooms and most of the dining room. Did I report this already? Anyway, the deck now has 3 coats of fresh paint on it. (yeah, we bought a bad color the first coat and the second color needed two coats to cover the first. Sigh.

Dan has started laying the hearty backer board for the tile in the kitchen. He will install the base cabinets soon and that means we can finally get the granite people in to measure and then pick out our slab and get that process going.

Got pretty upset yesterday when i called the management company about when they were going to fix our front stoop. The sides are cement block and both sides have major holes in them. The stoop itself is concave and when it rains, it forms a puddle. I can just see this freezing over in the winter and becoming a real hazard. Anyway, when we spoke to the local manager in August, he said there was already a work order for it. They told me yesterday there will be no more concrete work done this year and it will be taken care of next year. What??? We can't sell a condo with such obvious problems!!! I am supposed to be getting a call from someone else in the management firm and I hope I can convince them of the urgency and danger of this situation. Wish me luck!

I hate the rules we have to follow for condo living! Everything has to be requested in writing, along with pictures, drawings a pint of blood to just get your request considered. My hair is thin as it is, I don't need to be pulling it out over bozos with power trip problems! We're making this place beautiful again, right??!! Give me a break!

Okay, enough venting for now. I need to get moving on my day. Spent way too much time on FB this morning! I hope you all have a wonderful day! I know, in spite of my above rant, I will have a great day! Even removing stubborn wallpaper! This is the day the Lord has made! ::yes::

BOOOOOOOO and HISSSSSSS on all the nonsense you have to deal with and the condo!!! I am so sorry!!! Like everything it will work out. Just takes time..

Wanna slap me yet?? :rotfl:

YAY on an april trip! 5 days is perfect for the little ones. it's us that need 6 month trip twice a year..

Just to let you know I'm still alive. I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with anyone's trip reports or lives. I've missed everyone! I tend to spend way too much time on here once I'm here and I just don't have it to spare. So I'm going to limit myself to one hour and get to as many TRs as I can in that time. I seriously have to set a timer since I LOVE keeping up with everyone. Between here and FB, there are sooo many rabbit holes to disappear down. And I do!!

So here's the first installment of a sort of mini TR. What can I say…I want to relive it.

We had a great flight down. Love those direct flights!! We arrived in Orlando at 9:10 and after a pit stop and taking photos, we arrived at ME just 10 minutes later. Yep, we're that good! HaHa!

Did I mention we were first off the plane?

My two favorite Goofys!!

In another 5 minutes we were aboard our bus. Woot!

We left the airport at 9:30, just 20 minutes after we arrived. We were the first stop and got to Pop Century at 10:00. Our room was ready and after dropping off our carryon bags we went to the bus stop and waited 5 for a bus. there were only a handful of people in line waiting, but then two scooters came up and by the time they were loaded, the bus ended up being packed!! That was ok. We were headed to MAGIC KINGDOM!!!! by 10:45. Niiice!

I'll leave that for now. I'm exhausted. No really. I tried all morning to create a flicker account or rather a yahoo account and it kept taking me back and making me re-enter my info. I don't have a lot of patience for that sort of thing. Especially when I've been up since 4AM!

The condo is going pretty well. Dan's hours are sporadic now, so he has been able to work at the condo about 3 times a week, which is quite an improvement. That doesn't count Saturday when he can usually work all day as long as he gets his work for Goodyear started and stopped on time. We had all the junk hauled away finally and the improvement in the smell has been amazing! Also, I'm getting some more ceilings painted and am starting on the doors. I was told at Lowe's that I needed to use oil based Kilz on all the surfaces or the yellow stuff on the walls and doors will come back. So, that is adding a lot to my work to have to paint everything twice! Still, it keeps me out of trouble.

Also the final word on the stoop repair is that it definitely will not be done before Spring. I am soooo angry about this! Not sure we'll be able to sell it like that since that gives a very bad first impression. They are going to issue a letter stating that the work will be done in the Spring, but still i have to think it will effect the price. What can you do?

I hope all of you have been well and are having a great Fall. I love the Fall. The leaves are really gorgeous this year!! I hope to get over to everyone's ptr, tr this morning before my 1 hour timer goes off. If I miss anyone, you'll be first on tomorrow! I just love you guys! Have a blessed day!

Hi!!!

ohh i am SO GLAD you are doing a mini report! you really need to

your all so cute!!

So Sorry about the stoop! that's awful. I hope you can find someone to fix it before spring!

Okay, I know I haven't been updating, but at least I'm (sort of) keeping up with everyone else's reports.

So, I left off on the bus to MK. We arrived at 11:00 and rode POC with a five minute wait. Next up was HM with no wait. Love, love, love HM and POC!! On our way for lunch, we rode IASW. I don't know why, because we don't really like that ride, but there was no wait and we were a bit early for our lunch time at BOG.

Lunch was great as usual. Sorry no pics of any of this. We really didn't take a lot of pics this trip. We have sooo many of all our other trips and we were just busy enjoying the moment the entire trip.

Next up was the people mover, another favorite. Then Carousel of Progress. Nice power nap for Dan. COP is one of my all time favorites. Guess I love most everything at MK! After that we did Space Ranger Spin. Posted 15 min wait, actual was 8 minutes. I did terrible as usual, but I just love trying! Dan is always good!

Time for a hike across the park to BTMR to use our FP. We got right on with the FP, which was not always the case as we found out later. Next up was Splash. Sooo happy to ride this one!! We had a FP, which was a good thing since the stand-by line was huge! It was very hot and it actually started sprinkling while we were on the ride, but didn't last long.

Our next FP was for the Mine Train, so we opted to ride the Railroad to Fantasyland. Had we known it would take 25 minutes to get a train, we would probably have skipped it and walked over. Once there, we had some time to kill, so we ducked into the Circus store there and I bought a pin of the Genie in memory of Robin Williams. Then on to the Mine Train ride, which I loved!!

By now, we figured our luggage would be in our room (4:00) and we wanted to get back to our room and unpack and relax before our first ever DIS meet!! Sooo excited! On our way out of MK, we stopped to listen to the philharmonic band and to browse the shops (well, I browsed, Dan just sort of tolerated it. lol). On to the bus stop and after only a 10 minute wait, we were on a bus headed back to Pop, arriving around 5:00.

After only a 5 minute wait for a bus to DTD, we were on our way for dinner at Raglan Road and meeting Tess and Charlie! Since there's only one bus stop at DTD now, we had to hot foot it over for our meet and made it just at 7:00. Found Tess right away and I was sooo excited!!

Don't know why I felt the need to crouch down for this shot, but there I am. And as we all know, if there isn't a picture, it didn't happen!

We had a great meal and wonderful conversation. It's like we'd known each other IRL forever. Charlie is adorable and he and Dan hit it off as well. We also enjoyed the entertainment of Irish dancers. They were very talented! We parted company around 9:15 and Dan and I headed for the bus stop. Our bus was there and waiting, so we were back to our hotel by 9:45. It had been a long but extremely fun day!!

*************************************************************************************************************

Condo update: We finally installed the upper cabinets last night! They look so pretty! It had been so long since we'd ordered them, I'd forgotten how pretty they were. And the doors are soft close, which I didn't realize they would be. I knew the soft close drawers were free because of a promotion when we ordered them, but the doors were an added bonus. Yay!

My he-man! lol

I have applied odor blocking Kilz to everything that needed it. Which was A LOT!!! I have cleaned every surface in the entire place except the dining room and living room since the cabinets and appliances have been stored in them and I couldn't get to them. I have painted one bedroom and most of the doors. Dan installed a new service door for the garage and repaired the kitchen wall instead of replaced it and it looks amazing! He has mad skills!

Our carpet estimate came in almost $2,000 less than we had budgeted, so that will almost pay for the new windows, since there's only 6 of them. Woot!!!

Okay, enough for now. I'm sorry this is so sporadic. Even as I type, I know I should have been doing something else….don't we all feel that way?

Have a great day everyone!

Here's the dress that is giving me fits. I only have to add the white upper part to the black bodice, but I have sewn it in twice and ripped it out twice. Not sure why it's not working. I've never NOT been able to figure out what is wrong…hoping by walking away for a few days I'll be able to come back and a light bulb will go off in my head.

Sorry, I didn't have time to reduce the size!

And here's the cape that goes with it.

Wowsers these are big photos!!! Sorry!

The dress is amazing! I love it!!!

The condo is really beautiful! LOVE the cabinets!

awww look at you and tess!!!! Just love you girls!!! I don't remember which day this was...

Hi Lois! I've been trying to make my way around everyone's PTRs/TRs this week and get caught up. At least I wasn't too far behind on yours!

That's some mad skills getting to the DME so quickly! I can never resist the pull of the Earport and usually need to make a bathroom stop too so it's usually a little longer before I make it to the bus.

Man I really want to go in September sometime but work and worries about the heat always stop me. It was sooooo crowded when Mom and I were there a few weeks ago.

Yeah for a DIS meet! I ended up doing only one the week we were there. There just weren't a lot of people from the DIS there that I talk too despite how crowded it was.

The condo is looking great! Love the cabinets. I think we are going to have to replace windows soon. Two of ours are broken and we can't open them anymore. I'm thinking the rest of them won't last too much longer so we might as well replace them all at one time.

Will you make me an Anna dress too? I love it! Actually, I'd rather have her coronation dress but I can't think of an acceptable occassion to wear it to other than Halloween and once a year just isn't enough!

Love those cabinets! We really need soft close cabinets, the girls have a very bad habit of slamming ours shut.

I miss the September crowd levels, it's been a lot more crowded when we've been there this month, although we've mostly been at Food & Wine Festival so I expect crowds there.

You guys were able to accomplish a lot at MK! I can't wait to give Mine Train a try in a couple of weeks! How awesome to have dinner with Tess and Charlie, sounds like a very succesful first DISmeet.

Hope you got the dress figured out!

Love your dis-meet photo with Tess!!! Glad you remembered to get one, which is more than I can say for some of my meets! LOL!

The cabinets look great!! And your he-man!! :lmao:

Love, love, love the Anna costume! Gorgeous!!! :love:

The dress is amazing! I love it!!!

Thanks Mo. It's a work in progress. Love what my embroidery machine can do!

The condo is really beautiful! LOVE the cabinets!

I love the cabinets too…mine look similar, but I don't have the soft close feature…maybe my next house.

awww look at you and tess!!!! Just love you girls!!! I don't remember which day this was...

I know!! It was so fun to meet her and Charlie! Thanks! Love you too. And I was sooo anxious to meet you in a couple of days too. This meet was actually our first day at Disney. Great start!

Hi Lois! I've been trying to make my way around everyone's PTRs/TRs this week and get caught up. At least I wasn't too far behind on yours!

Hi Ariana! It is so hard to keep up with everyone isn't it? No worries about mine it moves like a snail, which can be a good thing.

That's some mad skills getting to the DME so quickly! I can never resist the pull of the Earport and usually need to make a bathroom stop too so it's usually a little longer before I make it to the bus.

Man I really want to go in September sometime but work and worries about the heat always stop me. It was sooooo crowded when Mom and I were there a few weeks ago.

Yep, getting a picture of Dan with Goofy was a first in all our trips because we're so anxious to get to ME. And you are right to be afraid of the heat in September. It can be brutal. But for us, it is worth it for the short lines. We tour in the early hours, have lunch, go back to our resort for a rest/swim, then hit the parks again later. It works for us. Plus we have a few things we do to combat the heat. You may want to try it if you do another solo trip, just to see how it works for you.

Yeah for a DIS meet! I ended up doing only one the week we were there. There just weren't a lot of people from the DIS there that I talk too despite how crowded it was.

Meeting Tess was super exciting for me. My very first DIS meet! We had a blast!

The condo is looking great! Love the cabinets. I think we are going to have to replace windows soon. Two of ours are broken and we can't open them anymore. I'm thinking the rest of them won't last too much longer so we might as well replace them all at one time.

Thanks! We're having fun with it, but Dan can't work as often as he'd like, so it will be a while before it's ready to sell. Windows are such a pain to replace. All that money and they aren't even pretty or fun. Yeah replacing them all would probably a good idea for you to get it over with. ChaChing!!

Will you make me an Anna dress too? I love it! Actually, I'd rather have her coronation dress but I can't think of an acceptable occassion to wear it to other than Halloween and once a year just isn't enough!

I love the coronation dress too!! I sometimes wish we could get away with wearing things like that. Then I think how hard it would be to run around in long skirts….haha

Love those cabinets! We really need soft close cabinets, the girls have a very bad habit of slamming ours shut.

Yes, definitely a plus when kids are around. And husbands too!!

I miss the September crowd levels, it's been a lot more crowded when we've been there this month, although we've mostly been at Food & Wine Festival so I expect crowds there.

Septmber can't be beat for crowds IMHO. But that heat...:faint:

You guys were able to accomplish a lot at MK! I can't wait to give Mine Train a try in a couple of weeks! How awesome to have dinner with Tess and Charlie, sounds like a very succesful first DISmeet.

Hope you got the dress figured out!

When it's just two like-minded people, you really can get a lot done and still not rush around like crazy people. I LOVED Mine Train!! It's short, but very fun. I heard there was a fire on it a couple of days ago?? Scary!

I haven't worked on the dress again yet. Probably this week sometime.

Love your dis-meet photo with Tess!!! Glad you remembered to get one, which is more than I can say for some of my meets! LOL!

I know, we got ours before we even went in to eat! I was afraid we'd forget later if we didn't. I did forget to give her a present I had for her though…
You had Dis meets with no photos?? Didn't happen then! lol

The cabinets look great!! And your he-man!! :lmao:

Thanks! Had to put that shot in!

Love, love, love the Anna costume! Gorgeous!!! :love:

Awww, thanks! Hope I can finish it!

Happy Halloween my friend!

Awww, thanks Mo! I'm sorry your weather stunk for your Halloween!! Love you Kid!!

I'm going to do one final update…

And it's not about Disney, but my birthday. Don't know if anyone will see it, but it was such a fun time, I'm going to relive it here.

So, on Tuesday I went shopping with a good friend. We spent all day and did lunch and I bought some much needed clothes.

On Thursday three of my friends picked me up and took me to lunch and then we went shopping. The fun part was getting caught up since they live in my old neighborhood and we don't get to see each other all that often. Dan had taken the day off to surprise me, but he was the one who was surprised when I already had plans!! ;)

On Friday Dan and I went to a new restaurant that just opened near by. It was stunningly beautiful and the food was delish!! If I knew how to post pics from my phone, I have some really great ones. I did post to FB, but don't know how to do it to here.:rolleyes2 (they took my snap bucket away:badpc:)

On Saturday we went to Cleveland to see the Broadway play of Disney's Newsies. We went with Dan's brother and his wife and Dan's cousin and his wife. We had great seats and the play was awesome! They really worked magic with the sets and the talent was over the top fantastic! Afterward we went to this upscale restaurant and enjoyed a fabulous meal and lots of great conversation.

Dan got me tickets for White Christmas that will be playing in Cleveland the first week of December. Can't wait to see that!!:cool1:

On Sunday, we took my parents and Dan's Mom to lunch and then back to our house for gluten free brownies and ice cream. It was a fantastic birthday week celebrated with lots of people I love. I wish my kids could have been with us, but I'll see most of them at Thanksgiving, so that's something to look forward to. ::yes::

I just ordered my turkeys today. Dan is going to smoke one (12/14lbs) and I am going to stuff one and cook in the oven. (22/24lbs) I like getting fresh turkey because the flavor is soooo good! All our kids except Emily and her family will be here and I can't wait!! My parents will be here and possibly one other couple I don't know well, but they have no where else to go. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with lots of friends and family to share it with. I always pray for those who have no one and have a hard time at the holidays. That must be just so difficult!:worried:

I'll be keeping up with everyone else's ptr or tr, so I'll still be around. Just not here. Thanks to all who have been a part of my ptr. Love you guys!!:lovestruc

:hug:

Glad you had such a wonderful birthday!!! :yay:

well your trip will be relived through MY report at some points!!! :woohoo:

I did see the restaurant on facebook and it was glorious!

Glad you had a nice birthday!

Jim and I are going to see Newsies in January and I can't wait!

:hug:

Glad you had such a wonderful birthday!!! :yay:

well your trip will be relived through MY report at some points!!! :woohoo:

I did see the restaurant on facebook and it was glorious!

I am sooo looking forward to reliving our meets on your report!! I really enjoyed all the time we got to spend together! Can't wait for the EPIC trip!!

Glad you had a nice birthday!

Jim and I are going to see Newsies in January and I can't wait!

Oh you will love it!!! Just so much talent and a really good story. I'm really enjoying your solo ptr!!

Glad to hear you had a fantastic birthday! Haven't seen Newsies yet, but I hope to. Now that Kate lives near NYC, I can go visit her in the big city. I love White Christmas too. Its playing at a theater over in Lancaster and we are trying to decide between that or Its a Wonderful Life at the local dinner theater. Decisions, decisions!:confused3

Yup - I am behind here too... So sorry... Since it's Thankgiving, I've been going around to everyone's TRs/PTRs - trying to catch up... It hasn't been easy because I am just sooo far behind. I need to be better about it. My sincerest apologies.

I love, love, loved the picture of you with Tess!!! It makes my heart so happy that you were able to meet. Dis friends are just the best - and meeting them IRL is like meeting a long lost friend you've known forever! I am so happy that you had a wonderful Dismeet! I hope that one day (hopefully with our Epic road trip) we are able to meet too! :hug:

The cabinets at the condo are fabulous!!! Such a gorgeous color! I love the darkness of them! I am anxious to see how the rest of the kitchen turns out!

I am so happy that you had such a wonderful birthday - so fully of family and good friends! You deserve it! I know I wished you a happy birthday on FB, but happy belated birthday here, as well.

Again, so sorry I haven't been here - I feel badly about it. :hug:

I just stopped by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! :hug:

disney-thanksgiving.jpg

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter