Tiggerdad's Pretrip Report: November 14th-23rd

I'm up for a meeting anytime.

Just saw where the Alabama vs. Mississippi State game is CBS 3:30 kickoff...dang! Gotta figure out a way to get out of Animal Kingdom and back to the camper.

I don't think Emily and your niece would appreciate that, not mention the wife. You may end up in the same dog house as Bama Ed.

I don't think Emily and your niece would appreciate that, not mention the wife. You may end up in the same dog house as Bama Ed.

It's lonely in here....could use some company.:sad1:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...443.4392756.2256208.2256217&parentPage=family

This is what I use on my outdoor fridge, works perfectly. Once we are parked I just unlock it and tuck the end in and then we can open and close the fridge like normal while we are parked. It blends in well with the black fridge too, so it is hardly noticeable

BTW we do the same thing with the magnets from each place we go on our fridge. Can't wait to add a Ft. Wilderness magnet!!

tigger dad, I will definitely be tailgating at the fort 3:30 next Saturday. Hopefully it will be a happy night later at MK. If you can sneak away, stop by and watch the game.

bama_ed said:
It's lonely in here....could use some company.:sad1:

You got a tv in there? At least a radio so we can pick up Eli Gold? If so, move over and I'll snag some popcorn on the way out the door.

Looking good. I spent the weekend getting the underbelly of the 5er organized from "racing" weekend mode to vacation mode. that means moving some stuff to the center and moving other stuff to closer to the door. I have one race event left then the inside will see the same thing. My charging bank and radio box will find its winter storage, every area of the RV gets a wipe down with a damp rag to get all the dust and a big vacuuming and mopping session.

Due to the pending cold snap already had to open all the faucets and low point drains (40's day, under freezing at night.) As long as it stays like that I dont have to winterize until my last use Thanksgiving Weekend. And Sunday after the weekend it goes back to the dealer for warentee work which should only take them a week or two.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...443.4392756.2256208.2256217&parentPage=family

This is what I use on my outdoor fridge, works perfectly. Once we are parked I just unlock it and tuck the end in and then we can open and close the fridge like normal while we are parked. It blends in well with the black fridge too, so it is hardly noticeable

BTW we do the same thing with the magnets from each place we go on our fridge. Can't wait to add a Ft. Wilderness magnet!!

That's the fridge lock we had. I think it would work well to keep the door closed without a little one trying to sneak and open the door. DS is 9 now and we were just teasing him last week because he used to sneak eat handfuls of mayonnaise even though he can't stand it anymore.

Got the oil changed and fuel filters taken care of on the truck. Sorted out the Christmas decorations and got them packed up and ready to load.

Spoke to a very nice CM this morning regarding loop/site request. The only request I gave was premium with plenty of room for decorations. She sounded promising about a site being ready earlier in the day and room to decorate. (Fingers crossed).

Times a ticking...

2 days until departure

Well, the cat is out of the bag...dang!

My nieces Einstein teacher gave her an envelope with her makeup work in it...along with the note my sister sent to her telling her about the surprise. So, guess what my niece read on the bus...to my daughter...

I would be so mad. I know you have been planning this for a while now. I would of tried to play it off like crazy teacher got you confused with another student. My second move would of been a meeting with the teacher haha, their probably not even a disney fan. Man I'm upset for ya. My wife is a 1st grade teacher and she would know better, or atleast I hope so, I'm gonna have a talk with her just incase. I really do hate it for ya.

That is great! I always get cranky CM when I call from home.

Spoke to a very nice CM this morning regarding loop/site request. The only request I gave was premium with plenty of room for decorations. She sounded promising about a site being ready earlier in the day and room to decorate. (Fingers crossed).

Bummer! I would be so disappointed. I guess there could be worse things to be upset over right?!?! Besides, now the kids can get all excited and make their plans :)

Well, the cat is out of the bag...dang!

My nieces Einstein teacher gave her an envelope with her makeup work in it...along with the note my sister sent to her telling her about the surprise. So, guess what my niece read on the bus...to my daughter...

the cat may be out, but your daughter will love the planning and time you took to make it a surprise (maybe not now, but later.)

Thanks so much for the tip! I'm purchasing one now! We've been scratching our heads trying to figure out how to fix this problem when travelling!

Tigger Dad, I hope you have a safe trip! Can't wait to read all about it! And, I'm so sorry your surprise is ruined!!

Well, now I've had time to get over the surprise spoiler, so we gave them the details of the trip this morning and the youngest just screaming "Elsa! Elsa!". So they are excited none the less, so here we go...

Back to getting ready:

Anybody know how expensive a dirtdobber (redneck term) can be? About $100. Was putting the gas furnace through its paces today and she wouldn't ignite. Took the ED heater out, couldn't find anything, so I took it down to the local RV service center and they took it completely apart only to find a nice little dob of dried mud in the burner. Thank you sir, that will be $100.

I immediately bought and installed a mesh screen cover for my furnace exhaust. I strongly encourage all of you to do so.

Well, off to work. I'll pack the truck tonight after I get off work.

1 day to go!

Anybody know how expensive a dirtdobber (redneck term) can be? About $100. Was putting the gas furnace through its paces today and she wouldn't ignite. Took the ED heater out, couldn't find anything, so I took it down to the local RV service center and they took it completely apart only to find a nice little dob of dried mud in the burner. Thank you sir, that will be $100.

'Dirtdobber' - love it!! Is there really another name to call those pesky insects? :confused3 That's the 'only' name we ever knew to call them!! (So. LA here).
We have had our problems with them over the years - think they love the slight odor of propane!!

Have a great trip! :thumbsup2

'Dirtdobber' - love it!! Is there really another name to call those pesky insects?
Up here (StL) we call them mud dobbers or just plain 'wasps'.

And T-dad, I'll trade you 1 dirt dobber damage for the damage the d@mn squirrels do to my house. :lmao:

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter