Tiggerdad's chasing squirrels at the Fort! Nov. 14-23

I walked around to mine and Ed's old home on the 400 loop and found the Squirrel Mafia hard at work...

There was also a report of an accident at Disney as well...

I think I'll finish up tomorrow with a run through the Meadows store and take a look at the things available in there.

That's some funny stuff right there. I find walking through the meadows store more enjoyable, that way I can actually see what they have.

Glad you made it home safe also, and maybe we will meet again next year.
Vince

Well, I figure it's about time to wrap this thing up. Greater than 100 posts was far more than I expected. I appreciate the feedback and humor that only the camping boards can deliver.

I'll close it out with a few pics from the Meadows, mainly just some things I saw that are different and available.

This is the shirt I bought this year. The one from the previous trip was brown with the FW logo on the left chest.

Here are some assorted magnets that you can buy as well...

I did pick up this Christmas ornament for my tree this year as well...

I have no idea what this actually smells like, I wasn't willing to fork out the money, but if somebody wants to take a try at it and let me know...

Oh, as a word of warning, when you are visiting the Fort there are designated places for crossing the street. They are noted with striped white lines that cross the street, and motorists are warned to watch out for you. If you choose to just run out in the street in front of a moving golfcart, like this guy...

You may end up seriously injured...or at least cause the driver to throw most of his family off the cart when he hits the brakes.

Finally, as a closing picture, I present to you my view on my last evening at the Fort before pulling out early the next morning...

It was taken from one of the "2" remaining rocking chairs left on the porch at Trails End. I gave the CM who called me and inquired about how our trip went a piece of my mind about how I can't help but feel that somebody in management has obviously forgotten that themes are an important aspect of resorts. With the removal of the wagon from the Trading Post and the rocking chairs disappearing, I can't help but think it is slipping a bit. With this said, it is still in my opinion the best resort on property. It offers you something that no other resort can give you, and that is the cleanliness and kindness of Disney service with the feel of home as well.

Nice finish, sir! I like the ornament (putting up tree right now....wish I could hang that one tonight). Appreciate your doing the report! It brings a big :) to the face as opposed to

Which brings a big :(

Happy Holiday prep and hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Fantastic TR.

Thanks for all the pics and commentary. I am still going to a beach next summer, but with retiring from racing, I may try to squeeze a trip to the Fort into the budget next year sometime.

j

Thanks for the closure tiggerdad. I am glad you spoke up abt the rockers on the porch. No doubt some of the Disney Interns in the Lake Buena Vista bunker have been watching Robert Irvine on Restaurant Impossible on the Food Network. They think high tables will lead to additional food/bev sales at the Crocketts window or TE talkeout.

When i am there in January i will make my protest known too. I will come and sit on the high boys and bring my cooler from the Aliner and stage a sit-in. ( and put my feet up on the chair opposite me). Especially in the late afternoon / early evening time. No sales from me.

Bama Ed

I really enjoyed your trip repot. Thank you so much for sharing and love the pictures in your last posts.

We started to wander down that path one night after purchasing a few $7 adult beverages from the Trading Post but the kids wanted to play on the beach with that ball on a pole game ( I can't think of the name ) and well they call most of the shots. Now it is a must do!

Those magnets and travel mugs look new. Yes, for adding to my collection :)
I wonder if those magnets would stick to my golf cart, I better not try it. They will however work on my fridge. Last time I was there they only had one style of magnet and I already had that from my last trip.

Good to know you vented about the high chairs. I'm not even there yet and I already dislike them. I too will complain but I complain a lot so it will be easy for me.

Also, I read in an earlier post ( not posted in the camping forum ) about some lady with a silly amount of blow ups and a rope path to follow around her site. Glad that old lady stuck to her guns! That is great she still has them up!

Tiggerdad,
Loved the TR! Thanks!
the video bit of the squirrel attacking the toy made me laugh to the point of tears! :rotfl2:

Thanks for the trip report Tiggerdad. Great job posting some real good pictures of the Fort. We are counting down the days till our trip in Feb. We got our Musket Mickey sign in the mail today, one more item checked off the list.

4077, what is that funny looking white stuff on the ground and on the roof of your camper? It looks hideous...
Here is a pic of the ornament on our tree...yep, mine is already up too.

Ilovedisneymm, I try to pick up a new magnet each time we go somewhere new in the camper. I wasn't planning on getting another Fort magnet, but they have changed it since our last visit so I did pick one up. The big one in the middle is the one from 2012 and the smaller one is this year's magnet. We also get a magnet with the year on it when it is available. This year Disney did not have a magnet with the year, so I had to buy a keychain and cut the chain off and use magnet tape on the back. Here is a pic of the current collection, but it is still in its infancy...

Ed, those high chairs not only get away from the theme of the Fort, they are also not very user friendly for some people. On our arrival night I was sitting in 1 of the 2 available chairs when an older gentleman and his wife came around the corner apparently waiting on a table because he was holding one of the pagers for Trails End. He tried to get up in the chair and couldn't. Not sure if it was his hip, back, or whatever, but he couldn't get up into it. I gave him my seat, but that's when it really got under my skin. I let the CM know about that as well on the phone. Stupid table and chairs don't even match the color of the porch...and I'm a guy noticing this!

SouthAlabama5er, great looking sign and happy kid. I haven't ordered my sign yet. I really got to get around to it.

. . . Good to know you vented about the high chairs. I'm not even there yet and I already dislike them. I too will complain but I complain a lot so it will be easy for me . . .

1) Keep complaining.
2) MAYBE one day it will sink in to our management group.
3) But, when brought up in a "team meeting", we were told
. . . the issue is dollars-per-square-foot, the porch is like any other retail space
. . . rocking chairs permit people to sit, to relax, and to not buy
. . . hightops get people to drink

NOTE: The move of the wagon was done for liability reasons. If kids
climbed aboard and fell, it could be permanent employment for lawyers.

4077, what is that funny looking white stuff on the ground and on the roof of your camper? It looks hideous... Here is a pic of the ornament on our tree...yep, mine is already up too. http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/tiggerdad/media/IMG_6992.jpg.html

The "stuff" feels icy and cold and it IS hideous! The cruelty of '40 degrees north'....

Love the ornament on the tree pic! Thanks for sharing that....I want one! I'll have to be happy with all my other Disney ornaments (which are great, of course!)

1) Keep complaining.
2) MAYBE one day it will sink in to our management group.
3) But, when brought up in a "team meeting", we were told
. . . the issue is dollars-per-square-foot, the porch is like any other retail space
. . . rocking chairs permit people to sit, to relax, and to not buy
. . . hightops get people to drink

NOTE: The move of the wagon was done for liability reasons. If kids
climbed aboard and fell, it could be permanent employment for lawyers.

It just don't make sense Scupper. Wagon removed because of fall hazard to children. What about fall from high chair? There were kids climbing all over those chairs...well the ones they had. There were 3 tables but only 7 chairs, so I guess somebody already broke one.

Hey, wait a minute...if it's broke...then...

Scupper, do allow people to bring in beavers as pets?

....pound of medicine for an ounce of prevention...? lol

Great collection!

I'll post my collection soon enough (need to create a new flicker account as my current one has my full name linked in the url).

We have the Fort keychain too! Use it on the golf cart :)

Good idea on using it as a magnet.

Very nice of you to give up your rocker!!!

We should start a "share your fort mementos" thread...

4077, what is that funny looking white stuff on the ground and on the roof of your camper? It looks hideous...
Here is a pic of the ornament on our tree...yep, mine is already up too.

Ilovedisneymm, I try to pick up a new magnet each time we go somewhere new in the camper. I wasn't planning on getting another Fort magnet, but they have changed it since our last visit so I did pick one up. The big one in the middle is the one from 2012 and the smaller one is this year's magnet. We also get a magnet with the year on it when it is available. This year Disney did not have a magnet with the year, so I had to buy a keychain and cut the chain off and use magnet tape on the back. Here is a pic of the current collection, but it is still in its infancy...

Ed, those high chairs not only get away from the theme of the Fort, they are also not very user friendly for some people. On our arrival night I was sitting in 1 of the 2 available chairs when an older gentleman and his wife came around the corner apparently waiting on a table because he was holding one of the pagers for Trails End. He tried to get up in the chair and couldn't. Not sure if it was his hip, back, or whatever, but he couldn't get up into it. I gave him my seat, but that's when it really got under my skin. I let the CM know about that as well on the phone. Stupid table and chairs don't even match the color of the porch...and I'm a guy noticing this!

SouthAlabama5er, great looking sign and happy kid. I haven't ordered my sign yet. I really got to get around to it.

Im over here in the Great state of Mississippi camping. And this place must be the squirrel capital of the state!! I keep trying to get close and take some pictures but that just laugh at me and run away. Tiggerdad you would have a field day here. That chuch Ray Stevens goes to is right around the corner.

Im over here in the Great state of Mississippi camping. And this place must be the squirrel capital of the state!! I keep trying to get close and take some pictures but that just laugh at me and run away. Tiggerdad you would have a field day here. That chuch Ray Stevens goes to is right around the corner.

Yep, that's where I'm from. Now you guys know why I am the way I am about squirrels.

LOVED the trip report and all the pics, thanks!! Let us know what you end up booking for next year, it would be neat if our trips overlapped and we got to meet. Since the pool bar did not have the banana cabana, I'll have to make some for us all......

Tiggerdad,

I found the video you and your little friend made at the Fort. I bet ot took longer to setup than it did for the little guy to master. :lmao:

TR Video

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter