Tiggerdad's chasing squirrels at the Fort! Nov. 14-23

tiggerdad

I don't always get distracted but whe...SQUIRREL!
We have arrived safe and sound, back home!

Was drizzling rain when we came in, but still warmer than Mississippi.

We landed site 1461, cramped and little room for Christmas decorations. Gonna have to take truck to overflow to free up some space, but I'll handle that later.

Hey, am I the only site left with the old tables?

For those of you wondering, I was immediately surrounded by squirrels on arrival. But I am so jacked up on Mountain Dew, that I think I scared them all off.

I gotta get a nap, then I'll report more later.

Glad you made it safely and look forward to the reports.

Heading to the HDR for dinner. Gonna catch 4:00 show. The squirrels have started showing up in droves and negotiations are ongoing. I'm negotiating a different site location in exchange for cashews.

Didn't there used to be a wagon here?

View of Pioneer Hall

My youngest is first in line

For those who have not been, this is in my opinion, Disney's best dinner show. The food is great and entertainment is among the best I've seen.

On to the buckets of food...

Oh my goodness!!! You're from Meridian!!! I live in Decatur. I've never seen another Dis member so close!

Welcome home . We Have been here since 11/1 .First trip to fort 1982 and still trippin. Beware the squirrel support troops on the ground are giving GPS cords to the air support team and are now launching targeted acorn bombing runs somewhere in the 1400 loop. Intelligence reports indicate that they have enlisted the services of that flying ace Rocky TFS.Have a magical time. Can't wait to see the Mickey light

Keep up the pics and the reporting. Glad to see you made the trip in without issues.

And that seems like a lot of squirrel pics already. Looks like they are trying to get you to relax... and then. :duck:

j

Glad you made it safe. Have been out all day, just got back and leaving again for a suprise the girls didn't know about. Will not be back till about 10:30.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

JAMIESMITH said:
Oh my goodness!!! You're from Meridian!!! I live in Decatur. I've never seen another Dis member so close!

Ha! Small World.
Yep, only about 30 minutes between us. You got a good nursing program there at that college.

BTW tiggerdad,

(glad you made it sir) that first picture you posted of the Fort sign is somewhat blurred. Exactly how fast were you going when you went past it? :drive:

Were you trying to get there before the caffeine wore off? :lmao:

Bama Ed

Well the kids were chosen to ring the dinnerbell to officially open up the show.

We had 2nd seating, which still kept us on the floor right in front of the entrance but still center of room.

The food was fine as always...oh, and plentiful too.

Just when I thought I would explode from overeating, here came dessert...

Finally, the daughter and niece with their musical instrument.

As far as the squirrels go we are negotiating a deal. I broke out the cashews and all of a sudden they were "all tails..."

We were gonna make the movie but everybody is tired. Gonna get up early and do some looping until the girls get up.

BTW tiggerdad,

(glad you made it sir) that first picture you posted of the Fort sign is somewhat blurred. Exactly how fast were you going when you went past it? :drive:

Bama Ed

Haha, that's good stuff Bama Ed!

bama_ed said:
BTW tiggerdad,

Bama Ed

You have no idea. If my hair wasn't cut so short I would have looked like Doc Brown from Back to the Future.

Been a busy morning. I have moved from 1461...

To much more spacious and convient 1446. I have always wanted this site. It has a basketball court in front and tetherball behind. Much longer and more room for decorations. I happened to see the folks on it loading up yesterday when I arrived. I called the front desk and they said it was no problem. They were gone when I got up early this morning around 6.

I also made it a point to get up and walk over to the 2000 loop where I found Vince, aka Snowmedic, loading up. Shook hands and introduced ouselves. Man was kind enough to give me coffee. Good to have met you Vince and safe travels home.

Headed to Animal Kingdom and hopefully get back to the site in time to catch the Alabama vs. Mississippi State game.

LOVE the pics! So excited to be there in January!!!

Hope y'all had a great time in AK & you are enjoying this game! Hopefully we can keep this up. RTR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter