Tiger Woods Dash Cam Video

Losing his license won't be the same punishment it would be for the average person. He can hire a driver. And while he might lose some endorsement deals, he probably doesn't have an office he has to drive to every day. If he can't drive, I doubt his lifestyle will be vastly changed.

So glad he was stopped before he could kill someone.

One of the local police departments has been under a lot of scrutiny lately because of a "missed" DUI case. The gal was stopped going driving into oncoming traffic. They have released the audio of the stop. She's clearly impaired. But the police tell her to pull off in a parking lot until she is in better shape. She later drove off a boat ramp I believe and drowned. Her family is very upset the police didn't do more to stop her. I'm shocked they didn't and will be curious to see how the case is resolved. But I'm very happy she didn't hurt or kill anybody else.

He had back surgery a month ago. I imagine he got some pretty good stuff for that. He should know to stay at home after taking his pain medication. Or hire a driver.

I thought he still had a posse of his old friends. I read about one NBA player who decided that along with his group of friends (all who legally worked for him) he also hired a former deputy sheriff as his security chief. It wasn't solely to defend him from any threats, but to keep him from doing something stupid like driving in an impaired state.

He failed a roadside sobriety test and they somehow got his prescription history out of him. His history included painkillers including Vicodin and Vioxx. I have taken Vicodin before, and it's hardly anything that one would want to take and drive while it's working. It's a similar effect to a sedating antihistamine. It causes a certain amount of dizziness and one generally feels funky.
Vioxx is not available, has been off the market for years.

Vioxx is not available, has been off the market for years.

They quizzed him about what he might have been taking, and apparently "viox" was written down on the police report. Still - I never heard that Vioxx impaired functionality. I thought that it was actually less effective than many OTC pain relievers, but it didn't have issues with upset stomach or stomach bleeding like one might get with large quantities of ibuprofen. I thought ibuprofen would also destroy the liver if taken in large doses for a long time.

They quizzed him about what he might have been taking, and apparently "viox" was written down on the police report. Still - I never heard that Vioxx impaired functionality. I thought that it was actually less effective than many OTC pain relievers, but it didn't have issues with upset stomach or stomach bleeding like one might get with large quantities of ibuprofen. I thought ibuprofen would also destroy the liver if taken in large doses for a long time.

Tylenol (acetaminophen) will hurt the liver if taken over a long period of time, and when drinking.

Tylenol (acetaminophen) will hurt the liver if taken over a long period of time, and when drinking.

Yeah - I've heard of that. I suppose one thing is that the stomach tolerates it better, so taking large quantities can be easier to keep down. All of these are toxic in big enough doses, but intentionally trying to overdose on ibuprofen or aspirin is supposed to be difficult because it'll probably result in vomiting. I read years ago that some committing suicide took overdoses of acetaminophen because it tended to stay down.

Liver toxicity is actually very rare with ibuprofen.

Tylenol is actually very safe over a long period of time if taken at the proper dose. The problem is that it is used as a combined ingredient in a number of other medications and some people unknowingly exceed the maximum daily dose. I would feel better about taking Tylenol long term than I would an nsaid which has the potential side effect of stomach bleeding. But I would never play fast and loose with the dosing on Tylenol either.

Someone needs to keep an eye on Tiger. He seems to be very at risk, kind of like Elvis (showing my age)

Yeah - I've heard of that. I suppose one thing is that the stomach tolerates it better, so taking large quantities can be easier to keep down. All of these are toxic in big enough doses, but intentionally trying to overdose on ibuprofen or aspirin is supposed to be difficult because it'll probably result in vomiting. I read years ago that some committing suicide took overdoses of acetaminophen because it tended to stay down.
While safe at the proper dose, Tylenol can indeed be very dangerous in overdose situations.

A common problem with alcoholics is they drink in excess which stresses the liver, then take Tylenol to help the next day hangover, which also metabolizes in the liver, resulting over time in cirrhosis.

Liver toxicity is actually very rare with ibuprofen.

I remember wrong. I think I actually asked about it from my doctor once, and she said it was mostly kidney damage. I think that was a plot line on the TV show St Elsewhere. Some guy was taking prescription strength doses of ibuprofen, which apparently are OK short term but will destroy the kidneys long term. I guess part of the problem is that OTC ibuprofen is too easy to get now and some will up the dosage to prescription strength.

My cousin is married to a doctor. When I had a bottle of an OTC pain reliever he looked at it and said something about normally prescribing about four times the dose that was recommended on the bottle. It was ketoprofen, which I don't think is available OTC any more. From what I understand, it just didn't sell well.

I heard they asked him to say the alphabet backwards. I mean, I'm sorry, I'd be totally sober and not be able to do that!

I don't drink, but if I ever got pulled over for suspected drunk driving I would be screwed. Because of my MS I can't walk heel to toe. I can for about two steps and then I wobble all over the place.

While safe at the proper dose, Tylenol can indeed be very dangerous in overdose situations.

If I remember correctly, once taken to overdose levels it is impossible to reverse the damage from the Tylenol and the person will die from liver failure.

If I remember correctly, once taken to overdose levels it is impossible to reverse the damage from the Tylenol and the person will die from liver failure.

Yup. And since it doesn't upset the stomach, most people can keep it down. Kind of sad, but it's been a pretty well known issue.

I won't agree with the "especially if a death is involved" part, but given number of people I see who get MULTIPLE duis in a short time, the penalties aren't harsh enough where I live. Or at least, not a deterrent.

Its jail time for any DUI in TN. I think just a couple of days is the minimum, but I also think the judges can and do give additional time if you're really drunk. Its not a slap on the wrist here at all, which is how it should be.

Losing his license won't be the same punishment it would be for the average person. He can hire a driver. And while he might lose some endorsement deals, he probably doesn't have an office he has to drive to every day. If he can't drive, I doubt his lifestyle will be vastly changed.

Its amazing how not being able to drive changes things. I had my license pulled for medical reasons and while I love being able to walk places and Uber, it was really annoying sometimes when I just needed to run to the drug store and didn't want to have to impose on my family/friends more than I already was. For Tiger, not having a license will be nothing! I wonder if the super rich even have to run to the drug store, or if they have someone do it for them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter