**Tie Dye Mickey ears shirts directions**NEW NEW PICS LAST PAGE**

Your shirts are great! I've been doing them since Fall 2005. The tie-dye kits available at Wally World and craft stores no longer have the soda ash in the kit and have a change in the dye so that step is eliminated. I have done them both ways and I don't see a difference in color or anything.

The other great thing about this technique is you can use any image that isn't really detailed. I have also done a set of dinosaurs. I also keep meaning to try a Palm tree or Christmas tree.

Keep up the good work!

Jenn

Thanks... :thumbsup2

How long should we rinse them- until the dye stops running?

Then do we wash them separately or together. Will the dye from the different shirts run together?

Thanks!!

I rinse them under the faucet for a couple of minutes,just while removing the rubber bands, then I put them all in the washing machine, it doesn't matter if you have different colors.

OK, I have my shirts basted and ready to soak.
Question 1: How long should I soak them?
Question 2: The jar says I only need 2 tsp of dye for every 8oz of water. Do you need more for turquoise or purple?
Question 3: Will 8oz each of turquoise, magenta, yellow, and lilac be enough for 6 shirts (4 of them are kids' shirts)?
Question 4: How long does it usually take to dye each shirt?
Thank you! :goodvibes

Soak the shirts for at least 20 minutes.

Yes, 2tsp per 8oz, if you have dharma dye the turquoise is 4 tsp per 8 oz of water, they have ** on the jar, if they don't have a * then is only 2. The black is 8tsp per 8oz.
The purple is only 2.

I think you have enough dye for 6 shirts.

It takes time, the whole process takes time, it all depends, I would say about 30 min for the dying process.

Thank you, PixieDust32! This is my first attempt at tie dye, and I really appreciate the help! :goodvibes

Made this long sleeve shirt:

IMG_0455.jpg

And this sweatshirt:

IMG_0460.jpg

And this other smaller t shirt:

IMG_0452.jpg

Wanted to show everyone the shirts for our family -- Not made my me ;) They turned out great and we had so many people comment on them.

WDWMLKWeekend2010096-1.jpg

Pixie, you are the tye-die master! I should have just had you make all of ours. Hrmmph.

I'll be trying another set this weekend. Let's hope these turn out since I'm leaving in 9 days!

Pixie, you are the tye-die master! I should have just had you make all of ours. Hrmmph.

I'll be trying another set this weekend. Let's hope these turn out since I'm leaving in 9 days!

Thank you! :lovestruc
What happened to yours?

So, our shirts came out nice but I need to use the bleach pen to outline the Mickey Head.

After I trace/bleach the head do I need to wash it again? Do I let it dry first?

Thanks!!

So, our shirts came out nice but I need to use the bleach pen to outline the Mickey Head.

After I trace/bleach the head do I need to wash it again? Do I let it dry first?

Thanks!!

Use the bleach pen when the shirts are dry, you don't have to wash them again but if you want to that would be ok too.

OK, I dyed 6 shirts tonight (it took me 2 hours -:rotfl2: ). When I rinse them out tomorrow night, should I throw them all into the same load with some synthropol and wash them in hot water? How many times will I have to wash them to get all of the excess dye out? :confused3

OK, I dyed 6 shirts tonight (it took me 2 hours -:rotfl2: ). When I rinse them out tomorrow night, should I throw them all into the same load with some synthropol and wash them in hot water? How many times will I have to wash them to get all of the excess dye out? :confused3

2 hours for 6 shirts is about right, the whole thing is very time consuming :3dglasses you did good...

Yes, throw them all into the same load, I don't use hot water, I use warm water and wash them once, synthropol is high concentrated, for 6 shirts in a medium load i use one cap (the synthropol cap)

I normally rinse them first under the faucet until most of the dye runs out, i remove the rubber bands at the same time.

Thanks! I'll rinse them out tonight and let you know how they turned out tomorrow. I can hardly wait to see how they come out! :goodvibes

I give up on the tye-die. Out of five shirts I'd say only one is how I wanted it. Most of them have too much white or no swirl pattern. And I just hate the mess. Oh well. I'm sure a pic of me in the shirt will turn up at some point during our trip and then I'll post it.

I give up on the tye-die. Out of five shirts I'd say only one is how I wanted it. Most of them have too much white or no swirl pattern. And I just hate the mess. Oh well. I'm sure a pic of me in the shirt will turn up at some point during our trip and then I'll post it.

Sorry about that :guilty: It does get messy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter