hello! i'm planning on buying tickets for a Magic Kingdom After Hours event when they go on sale on Tuesday, and I was wondering, am I able to pay for those tickets with a gift card, since it's an over the phone purchase? also, what time on tuesday do the tickets go on sale?

hello! i'm planning on buying tickets for a Magic Kingdom After Hours event when they go on sale on Tuesday, and I was wondering, am I able to pay for those tickets with a gift card, since it's an over the phone purchase? also, what time on tuesday do the tickets go on sale?
You can purchase other tickets using GCs so I would not anticipate these being any different.

Hello

I’m in my renewal period - expires November 6- for the Pixie Pass, but I want to upgrade to Sorcerer. I’ve tried doing this on-line, but whenever I click to upgrade, it brings me to the Manage Annual Pass, which shows my current Pixie pass...I don’t see the other options. Am I too late to upgrade, and will I have to buy Sorcerer at full price ?

Thanks
Does your AP expire Nov. 6th or that is when your renewal period ends? The renewal window should last until 30 days past the AP expiration. You should be able to renew to any of the APs (assuming you are still a FL resident). I don't have an AP so I can't give first-hand experience, but I believe the prices for other pass options doesn't show until you start the process.

I've looked at a few "discounted" tickets sites and they all say "$100+" off gate price but when I compare the prices to purchasing on the Disney website the prices are almost exaclty the same.
I'm looking at 4 Day Park Hopper tickets and have compared on sites such as Undercover Tourist & AAA...
Not sure what I'm missing but I see no discount or incentive to buy through a 3rd party. Please let me know any advice or experience. TIA!

I rarely find using a third party gives me a significant saving. Once in a while UT offers a pretty good saving.

You aren't missing anything. That "$100+" is just a bait-and-switch in most cases.

One benefit to using UT is they have a 365 day refund policy.

The save $100+ is when you are booking packages— so tix, hotel, and transportation. I have found that I can usually put together a pkg on our own that works better for us. It may not be cheaper, but the options fit our needs and desires better.

We think we saved ~$40 per person just on 5 day DLR tickets back in October. But our main incentive was the possibility to get a refund, if something happened and we had to cancel the trip.

The savings will vary based on ticket dates as well as length of ticket. Also the discounts and offers change frequently. But "gate price" is a mis-nomer because pretty much nobody pays that; it is ~$20 higher to walk-up to the ticket booth and buy a ticket for entry that day, the vast majority of guests buy tickets online in advance.

As lanejudy pointed out, the price on the Disney website is itself a discount to gate prices. And the Disneyworld website doesn't add sales tax until the end. Comparing 4-day park hoppers beginning January 7, you save $22 or so with UT over Disneyworld website ($661.55 vs. 639.39). That's not $100+, but it isn't nothing either.

Edit: The pre-tax prices make it look more like a $39 savings. I imagine UT adds a fee in there to arrive at the final price. Always compare final prices, not just the prices before taxes and fees.
1699231819975.png

1699231907464.png

Last edited:
The savings will vary based on ticket dates as well as length of ticket. Also the discounts and offers change frequently. But "gate price" is a mis-nomer because pretty much nobody pays that; it is ~$20 higher to walk-up to the ticket booth and buy a ticket for entry that day, the vast majority of guests buy tickets online in advance.
We may have missed them, since we had our tickets, but I do remember quickly looking, and at Disneyland last month, I never saw a ticket booth that looked open. They looked kinda permanently closed. It’s possible that there was one open at the far end away from our path of travel, but there definitely weren’t people lined up there.

Unlike at WDW in 2022, where you could see there were windows staffed and people in line there.

At Universal Orlando in ‘22 there were lots of people in line to buy admission. We had to weave thru them on the way to the entrance at IoA.

I just compared tickets prices on aaa and Disney website. Looks like a park hopper 4 day pass is 678.29 on Disney site and 597.56 on aaa. So you are saving 80.73 per tickets. I looked up the date I’m going Jan 28 so might be slightly different. So not sure what your looking at on site. I usually buy my tickets on aaa but know there is not refund if you can’t make your trip.

Looking for 3 day tickets, and it says we can go any 3 days within the 5 day period. So the first day of the ticket doesn't have to be the first day you use the ticket? I noticed it is cheaper if we buy tickets with the "first day" a couple of days before we really plan to go. So if I buy tickets that show a first day of a Monday, we can use them for that Wednesday through Friday? Right?

quick math question! how much would the total be :
2 new adult incredipass with tax, then use 2 adult 3day hoppers towards upgrade. We have to buy new, and use some 3 day hoppers we bought towards the total

2 new adult incredipass with tax, then use 2 adult 3day hoppers towards upgrade. We have to buy new, and use some 3 day hoppers we bought towards the total
we missed our renewal by exactly 30'days and needed to rebuy. Guess checking math because we bought at Springs yesterday and I think we were wrongly charged. Need math help before I stop at epcot guest services today before entering park. My feeling is the 3 day adult hoppers were not applied. Thanks and hope some math person can help!

It depends on when you bought the 3-day hoppers and for what dates (if dated).

I can't look up a current price for that ticket since the start date was yesterday. However a similar 3-day ticket starting today costs $541.21 -- so I'd assume your max credit would be something similar.

But if you bought your tickets a while ago, there may have been a price increase since then and you don't get credit for that price increase, only for the cost of the ticket on the date you bought it.

An Incredi-pass is $1543.19 including tax. So if the transaction was done correctly, you may have been charged something in the range of $1002.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter