Wow! That is really disappointing. Scrooge McIger in action!View attachment 806252
This has always been the case.

In order to determine the price of an upgrade, the ticket type being upgraded has to be currently available. Otherwise, how would they determine the cost?

I mean, I don't like price increases any more than you do, but this policy makes sense.

Purchased a 6 day ticket for our son for Dec. trip. He is now unable to go. Can we change the dates? What options do we have? I've tried to use the change ticket link in MDE and keep getting an error message.

I have an old park hopper ticket with no expiration and 3 days left on it (it was 5 days originally).
Since no-expire tickets are no longer sold, existing ones cannot be upgraded.

Even when no-expire was still available, a partially-used ticket could not be upgraded more than 14 days after first use.

I also have a 3 day park hopper I purchased with specific dates (before the most recent price hike) that has not been used yet. I would like to add a 4th day … In the past, if I recall, Disney would use the current gate value for the used ticket and then charge the difference for the additional day.
No, WDW no longer uses “current” price as the credit. You will receive credit for the price WDW sold that same ticket at the time you bought it. Since that was before a price increase, you will pay that increase to upgrade.

Purchased a 6 day ticket for our son for Dec. trip. He is now unable to go. Can we change the dates? What options do we have? I've tried to use the change ticket link in MDE and keep getting an error message.
You can change the dates if you know new dates now. If it isn’t working on MDE you’ll need to call. Or make note of the ticket number and value so you can change it later. The ticket will disappear from your view after the expiration date but a CM will be able to do the upgrade.

Wow! That is really disappointing. Scrooge McIger in action!View attachment 806252
I can’t imagine even if allowed that adding a day would be a financially wise choice. Those tickets are more than 10 years old and to add a day you need to pay the difference in the cost of the ticket. I would guess that would be more than purchasing a one day ticket, even if it were allowed.

You can change the dates if you know new dates now. If it isn’t working on MDE you’ll need to call. Or make note of the ticket number and value so you can change it later. The ticket will disappear from your view after the expiration date but a CM will be able to do the upgrade.
Thank you!

My wife is having a severe issue with her foot. If she is unable to walk when our Annual Passes expire in late January, we don't want to renew the passes if we can't navigate the parks on foot. She did the scooter for a couple of months and will not do it again.

Our fear is that if we don't renew, the sale of APs may again be suspended again and we would be SOL.

Has anyone been able to get WDW to "suspend" or "defer" your AP for a year? Due to a medical issue???

It is unlikely WDW will again suspend AP's. Demand for AP's was lower than they hoped.
That said, I'm unable to answer your question directly. I assume what you are really asking if WDW will extend the discounted renewal window for you. I do not think they do that, but it can't hurt to ask.

If you renew past the discount period, you would pay full price. In your case though, that is likely to work in your favor. If you renew in January, you get the discount, but your pass is still only good for a year from your renewal date.

If you wait to buy passes say until June, then your new passes will be valid a year from when you buy them, so they would be good through the following June.

They don’t defer your AP for medical reasons. You can chose not to renew and wait until her foot is better, but you will pay the full price instead of the renewal rate. You can renew up to 30 days after the expiration though. For example, if you pass expires in January 2024 you can renew and pay the renewal rate in February 2024. However, your AP will still expire January of 2025

I'm sorry to hear that. It isn't exactly what you're asking, but even if your wife has an active AP today, you can buy a regular non-renewal-discount AP as well. You will have 1 year from purchase date to activate it, and it is good for 1 year after it is activated.

If you do this, be sure to call AP member services to make sure that your APs are prioritized correctly in their system. I did this once, and the next time I entered the parks, it activated my new AP instead of using my old activated & valid AP. When I brought it to their attention, they had to elevate the issues a few levels before getting it resolved for me.

My parents are here now. They bought 3 day tickets and find that they are able to handle the walking and want to add a day. Can they do that? So far it’s saying they have to buy a day at full price.

My parents are here now. They bought 3 day tickets and find that they are able to handle the walking and want to add a day. Can they do that? So far it’s saying they have to buy a day at full price.
If today is the third day, they should be able to upgrade their tickets to 4-day or longer by going to a ticket booth TODAY. If they used the 3rd day yesterday, unfortunately Disney's policy is that you can't upgrade after close of business on the last day the ticket was used. If that's the case, they might consider going to GR and asking in person; hopefully they can get some pixie dust!

2 Day or 7 Day Premium (UK) Available on the UK web site.
Basically they are the same as the 2-day and 7-day domestic MYW tickets which offer both Park Hopping and WPF&M.
The 7-day is a Hopper, with 7 secondary park entries during its 14 day validity period.
The 2-day is a one park per day, with 2 secondary park entries during its 14 day validity period.
The 7-day includes Memory Maker Photos/Videos. The 2-day does not include Memory Maker.
For upgrade purposes, these are treated as 2-day and 7-day Hoppers with WPF&M.
The quote is from Post #4 in this thread. Can anyone confirm the information is still accurate? If I have a UK 7 day ticket (purchased from a UK authorized 3rd party seller, not Disney direct) and I want to upgrade it at the parks, will it be bridged to the value of a U.S. 7 day Park Hopper+? Or will it be valued at the ~$660 I paid for the UK ticket? Thank you for any help/insights!

The quote is from Post #4 in this thread.
Sorry, it looks like the last time that post was updated was in 2019. It could well be outdated. I don't know much about the UK tickets. There have been posts on the UK forum and I think unfortunately a lot of folks have been told they can't upgrade UK tickets, but a couple may have been successful. Good luck!

Hello all. I have what I think is a strange question. DH and I have Incredi Passes already, but we are planning a holiday trip with extended family, and need to buy eight nine-day hoppers. I've been looking at Undercover Tourist, whom I've used many times in the past, and also checking prices to buy directly through WDW. The difference is just shy of $400.

I want to ask for opinions: we haven't traveled to the parks planning for a large group or linked multiple tickets to the app in many years, and I just want to know if there are any distinct advantages to buying directly from WDW that I might not be thinking of and that would make the extra cost worth it?

Thank you in advance for you help.

Hello all. I have what I think is a strange question. DH and I have Incredi Passes already, but we are planning a holiday trip with extended family, and need to buy eight nine-day hoppers. I've been looking at Undercover Tourist, whom I've used many times in the past, and also checking prices to buy directly through WDW. The difference is just shy of $400.

I want to ask for opinions: we haven't traveled to the parks planning for a large group or linked multiple tickets to the app in many years, and I just want to know if there are any distinct advantages to buying directly from WDW that I might not be thinking of and that would make the extra cost worth it?

Thank you in advance for you help.
Zero advantage. UT sells the exact same tickets.

Hello

I’m in my renewal period - expires November 6- for the Pixie Pass, but I want to upgrade to Sorcerer. I’ve tried doing this on-line, but whenever I click to upgrade, it brings me to the Manage Annual Pass, which shows my current Pixie pass...I don’t see the other options. Am I too late to upgrade, and will I have to buy Sorcerer at full price ?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter